Let's talk helmets. - Page 3 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 Old 07-04-2019, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
anything at 30+ decibels for anything over an hour is causing hearing damage.As mentioned,will probably take years to accumulate.But do something anyway.I did.Though the damage was pretty much established.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 Old 07-26-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
So the saga continues. Just ordered a Arai Corsair X Ghost in green. Paint is cool. It will replace the Corsair I have been using, but needs to be retired. I tried on the new Corsair and it is what I expect from an Arai. Hopefully is it at least as quiet as what it replaces. I just have to give up on the drop down visor for now, until I can find something I like.
h2madness! likes this.
post #23 of 37 Old 07-26-2019, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I forgot that Arai offers a Pro Shade which is an small visor that lives on the outside of the shield and can flip out of the way at night if necessary. That may be just the trick to have my cake and eat it too.
I have looked at quite a few reviews and they say the Corsair X is an improvement in quiet and is more adjustable than the earlier helmets. And every review of people who have actually ridden with the helmet absolutely love it and can't find fault. I have never been dissatisfied with an Arai.
I still need to sell the Scorpion. Don't socialize with many motorcycle riders around here.

post #24 of 37 Old 07-27-2019, 03:36 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
It all depends on your height, the angle of attack of the wind plus the angle of your body for the air to exit. The trick is to have low number of vortexes and genital pressure drops across the helmet.

So, test ride the helmet at highway speeds on the bike you are going to use it with, riding any bike like you stole it noise is the least of your problems.

Another bike, another riding position maybe another helmet?

I have spent 2 weeks salary on helmets, forget they hype and cost, it's what will work for you and when it comes to the test so many variables are beyond manufactures scope, just make sure what ever you buy has a very good strap and locking mechanism.
post #25 of 37 Old 07-27-2019, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick150 View Post
It all depends on your height, the angle of attack of the wind plus the angle of your body for the air to exit. The trick is to have low number of vortexes and genital pressure drops across the helmet.

So, test ride the helmet at highway speeds on the bike you are going to use it with, riding any bike like you stole it noise is the least of your problems.

Another bike, another riding position maybe another helmet?

I have spent 2 weeks salary on helmets, forget they hype and cost, it's what will work for you and when it comes to the test so many variables are beyond manufactures scope, just make sure what ever you buy has a very good strap and locking mechanism.
In reality the Corsair X is considered second to none in safety, as is their quality. The Corsairs have always had great ventilation, and the X is better than all it's predecessors, as well as the mechanisms. Everyone who has ridden with one says it is an improvement over the older Corsairs which were awesome. If it is any better than my older Corsair, I will be very happy. I gave the other helmets a try and they are no comparison to an Arai. IMHO. So I just got an email that it shipped. But I have to wait because I leave for Taipei tomorrow (I hate to travel on anything but a motorcycle).
post #26 of 37 Old 07-27-2019, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadjetUK View Post
My perfect lid for my H2 Carbon. On paper the weight savings are minimal, but the difference when riding is night and day.
Do you like the flat shield? I was thinking about getting it and using tinted tear offs. But I am worried about optics.
post #27 of 37 Old 07-27-2019, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
"genital pressure drops across the helmet"...WHOA...hold on a minute.I've always worn mine on my head.Have I been wrong all these years?
Olajoe808 likes this.
post #28 of 37 Old 08-03-2019, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Rode with the new Corsair X today in almost 100f weather. That is a stunningly good helmet. The fit is perfect, no pressure points, snug, stable. The shield is the best I have ever used, the latching mech is strange at first, but once you get used to it, again the best I have ever used. Ventilation is great, not drafty just smooth air wicking away sweat. Maybe a tiny bit quieter than my last Corsair. All in all a better and more comfortable helmet than anything I have tried. There is a reason it costs $500 more than the Scorpion.

And once I get the flip up visor it will be perfect. Money well spent.
h2madness! and D.Kinsey like this.
post #29 of 37 Old 08-04-2019, 02:29 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
If you don't know about gentle pressure drops across the helmet then you obviously never ridden fast enough. Maybe it all just goes over your head?
post #30 of 37 Old 08-04-2019, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick150 View Post
If you don't know about gentle pressure drops across the helmet then you obviously never ridden fast enough. Maybe it all just goes over your head?
Rick,
He wasn't referring to "gentle" pressure drops. He was referring to your "genital" pressure drops. So maybe it goes under your crotch.
H2015 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page