Air hoses - oil? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 Old 07-19-2019, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
I get a fair amount of oil in there. I spend a lot of time in the upper RPM range and frequently hit the rev limiter. The stock filter stops oil, the sprint does not and collects on the dirty side of the air cleaner. Remember this oil system sprays oil all over, so the crankcase breather air has a ton of oil in it. It is good to have that oil mist on the impeller. I keep mine between the high and low.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 07-19-2019, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
I get a fair amount of oil in there. I spend a lot of time in the upper RPM range and frequently hit the rev limiter. The stock filter stops oil, the sprint does not and collects on the dirty side of the air cleaner. Remember this oil system sprays oil all over, so the crankcase breather air has a ton of oil in it. It is good to have that oil mist on the impeller. I keep mine between the high and low.

Interesting that the stock filter stops the oil leaking Ted, Iíll replace the OEM item and see what happens

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #13 of 22 Old 07-19-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2madness! View Post
Well...that's okay...i guess.Manual says between the upper and lower marks.I think ya still have too much in there...but that's just how I do mine...how's it shifting with that amount in there?I know on my 14 when i once overfilled it it started shifting badly.

Iíve taken 100ml out with a syringe and pipe, the level now sits halfway between the top and bottom as per service manual.
As per my reply to Ted, Iím removing the sprint filter and re fitting the new style ďredĒ OEM filter supplied with the 2019.
Iíll keep you all posted, it seems to be an issue more people are reporting although it appears to be ďdesignedĒ into the bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
h2madness! likes this.

post #14 of 22 Old 07-19-2019, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
sounds good.I think you'll have no more issues with oil in the filter.Mine hasn't accumulated any oil in the filter intake or anything since i've had it.I always keep it in the center of the sightglass.2015.And i've taken her up many times at full throttle and kept it there for at least a half mile.I have the sprint po8.But with the stock filter,it still remained dry in there.Yeah.A teensy bit of oil residue in the endpipe before the filter.But she certainly wasn't 'blowing oil'.Never any at the catch tube.I also have a filter with a red medium in it.Supposed to be cleanable...but it has to be reoiled everytime.I don't use that one anymore.

"it appears to be “designed” into the bike."..IMO,no.It probably shouldn't be allowing oil to enter the combustion chamber.(the design).I think it's just people running high revs and putting too much in there,even if they're stopping at the upper mark.It says as you know...'between'.That COULD mean anywhere in between.But my first thought when I read the manuals(14's and the rest)I took it as in the middle.Could be wrong.Mine's fine 'in the middle'.You're not adding oil when she's on the rear stand are you?That'll definitely throw off the oil amount in there.

I remember now i actually did add too much...just at the top line one time(standing vertically).When i took her out,the shifting wasn't smooth like before.I drained some out,shifting went back to being smooth.

Last edited by h2madness!; 07-19-2019 at 10:05 PM.
post #15 of 22 Old 07-20-2019, 03:20 AM

Air hoses - oil?

No effect on performance whatsoever, like I said previously just the mist of oil.

Loads of cases where this has happened to other bikes (and filled the catch tube)

If you read Tedís post (above) he has it every time too, maybe itís more prominent on the newer H2ís as my 2016 never did it, even when revved to 14k. The oil was always there or thereabouts on the top indicator with that bike too.

Iíll see what happens, itís not making any difference to how it rides plus lots of people with both H2 and H2 SX are reporting it so Iím unconcerned.

Regardless, Iíve told the dealer and will drop it into them in a couple of weeks after more miles

Last edited by Lamf1969; 07-20-2019 at 03:25 AM.
post #16 of 22 Old 07-20-2019, 10:56 AM

did they do some slight redesign to the motor?I thought i read they had.MAYBE they did something to allow a small amount of oil to coat the filter?It seems odd that so many would be doing this particular thing.

Last edited by h2madness!; 07-20-2019 at 10:59 AM.
post #17 of 22 Old 07-21-2019, 01:10 PM

Garage
Mine it probably worse because I use the P08-F1 filter.
post #18 of 22 Old 07-21-2019, 01:46 PM

I've got the po8 in there also.
post #19 of 22 Old 07-21-2019, 09:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2madness! View Post
I've got the po8 in there also.
P08 but not the P08-F1? The F1 breathes much better.
post #20 of 22 Old 07-22-2019, 01:33 PM

not sure now...lol.could be an f1.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page