2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 Updated, Now Claims 228HP - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By YSR50
  • 1 Post By TedG
  • 1 Post By NOLA
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-13-2018, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
YSR50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 379
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 Updated, Now Claims 228HP


Quote:
Kawasaki announced a number of updates to the 2019 Ninja H2 and Ninja H2 Carbon, making the supercharged engine more powerful, while maintaining the same fuel efficiency as the previous iteration. While Kawasaki USA hasnít released any power figures for the H2, its European counterpart claims a substantial increase from 197.3 hp to 227.8 hp. Weíll have to wait to see if the North American-spec version gets the same boost. The 2019 Ninja H2R also receives some updates, though its engine remains unchanged.
Read more 2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 Updated, Now Claims 228HP at Motorcycle.com.
h2madness! likes this.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss

Last edited by YSR50; 08-15-2018 at 11:13 AM.
YSR50 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 08-13-2018, 08:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Rick150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
I hope we can use the 2019 flash on the 17-18 without too much alteration.
Rick150 is online now  
post #3 of 10 Old 08-13-2018, 09:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick150 View Post
I hope we can use the 2019 flash on the 17-18 without too much alteration.
Wouldn't that be sweet. Just a bit more HP and hopefully nicely refined. But alas, me thinks we ask too much.
TedG is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old 08-16-2018, 04:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Dayton,OH
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Since the bikes must meet California regs...i wouldn't get too excited about any type of power boost here.

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com
Brock is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 08-16-2018, 09:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Since the bikes must meet California regs...i wouldn't get too excited about any type of power boost here.

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com
I thought the Euro4 spec was tougher than the CA spec.
TedG is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 08-17-2018, 02:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 Updated, Now Claims 228HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
I thought the Euro4 spec was tougher than the CA spec.


Not even close to being as strict Ted, in the UK we donít have the fuel evaporation cartridge etc.

If you look on the parts selector California has a section all to itself.
Being over the pond I donít fully understand it but I know Brock and other tuning companies canít sell some of their upgrades produts into that state due to legislation.

The SX was fine & 2019 H2 has obviously passed Euro 4 with the extra power and no increase in fuel consumption. I hear itís strict but bikes seem to be getting through easily enough.

I thought there would be a massive cull in some of the older models but it doesnít seem to be the case.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lamf1969 is online now  
post #7 of 10 Old 08-17-2018, 10:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamf1969 View Post
Not even close to being as strict Ted, in the UK we donít have the fuel evaporation cartridge etc.

If you look on the parts selector California has a section all to itself.
Being over the pond I donít fully understand it but I know Brock and other tuning companies canít sell some of their upgrades produts into that state due to legislation.

The SX was fine & 2019 H2 has obviously passed Euro 4 with the extra power and no increase in fuel consumption. I hear itís strict but bikes seem to be getting through easily enough.

I thought there would be a massive cull in some of the older models but it doesnít seem to be the case.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I know all about the CA evap. For some stupid reason Nevada bikes come with it. I have removed and plugged off all of my Kawasakis since 1985, it was really a bitch with the carbureted bikes. It would plug up and foul the venting.

But I was talking about emissions.
TedG is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 08-17-2018, 11:06 AM
Senior Member
 
NOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: N'Awlins, Louisiana
Posts: 1,014
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Wouldnt it be nice if manufacturers did a non California (Mexico North) spec bike so we didnt have to all suffer their lunacy.

The evap can on my Panigale did the same thing @TedG

NOLA
NOLA is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 08-17-2018, 11:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
Wouldnt it be nice if manufacturers did a non California (Mexico North) spec bike so we didnt have to all suffer their lunacy.

The evap can on my Panigale did the same thing @TedG

NOLA
The worst part is if they foul (which they can do just from gas sloshing around) they mess up the fuel tank venting and the bike runs like crap.
NOLA likes this.
TedG is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 08-19-2018, 09:48 AM
Senior Member
 
NOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: N'Awlins, Louisiana
Posts: 1,014
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
On the Panigale it would just fill the evap can completely with fuel, then the bike would not warm start without manually venting the pressure buildup in the tank. Ridiculous that every other state has to suffer for the Cali lunacy.

NOLA
Ticketmaster likes this.
NOLA is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome