$60,289 dealer invoice for the H2R??? H2 better have a Zx14 MSRP or I'm out - Page 5 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 27Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 61 Old 10-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1krider View Post
Weak post.
Your argument is flawed.

Your purchased of gold means that you feel it's worth it's current value.
The amount of gold that your buy is irrelevant.

On the other hand, your refusal to purchase McDonalds is because you don't feel their food has quality, or the taste of their food doesn't suit you.
That is a matter of taste, not value.

You made to "votes" with your purchase choices.
Gold is worthy of your purchase.
McDonalds is not worth of your purchase.
I agree on both counts.

However, your attempt to argue or discredit my post failed miserably.
the gist of all your arguments has been if you're not spending the money its not worth it to you. I don't have enough cash to purchase 100 ounces of Gold, but 100 ounces certainly has value to me. Quantity is not irrelevant, consider the law of diminishing returns. I've had one burger satisfied, 2 burgers still satisfied, by the third burger the satisfaction from each burger is diminishing. With gold however I view the beenfits increasing with quanitity, so more quantity=more value.

You're behaving like a narcissist, sorry we don't all subscribe to the 1k system of values.

You still did not discredit the fact that value increases when purchase is impossible. Otherwise why would there be 14 year old boys yanking it on jalopnik to the latest Lambo special edition. They value the image over the object that is all.

Stop missing the point
Yamasuki is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 61 Old 10-03-2014, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamasuki View Post
the gist of all your arguments has been if you're not spending the money its not worth it to you. I don't have enough cash to purchase 100 ounces of Gold, but 100 ounces certainly has value to me. Quantity is not irrelevant, consider the law of diminishing returns. I've had one burger satisfied, 2 burgers still satisfied, by the third burger the satisfaction from each burger is diminishing. With gold however I view the beenfits increasing with quanitity, so more quantity=more value.

You're behaving like a narcissist, sorry we don't all subscribe to the 1k system of values.

You still did not discredit the fact that value increases when purchase is impossible. Otherwise why would there be 14 year old boys yanking it on jalopnik to the latest Lambo special edition. They value the image over the object that is all.

Stop missing the point
Your example/argument is flawed and failed miserably the first time.
There was no reason to repeat yourself.

The only people that have a vote are those that have $60k to spend. (Or whatever the final MSRP ends up being)
The only vote you have in this conversation is what do with YOUR MONEY.
You have 2 votes:
1) Buy the H2R.
2) Don't buy the H2R.

End of discussion.
1krider is offline  
post #43 of 61 Old 10-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Are we really arguing over a photoshopped invoice??? No one really knows what the actual MSRP will be. Not even the dealers. We just know it's going to be pricey. That's it. And to the OP, it will not be zx14r price, sir. How can you justify it to be anyway? You lost some credibility when you posted the fake invoice and actually believing it to be the price. This is going to be Kawasaki's Halo bike. I know can't afford the H2R but the street version I prolly can if it's in the Panigale S price range as that is one of the bikes on my short list
shinobi is offline  
 
post #44 of 61 Old 10-03-2014, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi View Post
Are we really arguing over a photoshopped invoice??? No one really knows what the actual MSRP will be. Not even the dealers. We just know it's going to be pricey. That's it. And to the OP, it will not be zx14r price, sir. How can you justify it to be anyway? You lost some credibility when you posted the fake invoice and actually believing it to be the price. This is going to be Kawasaki's Halo bike. I know can't afford the H2R but the street version I prolly can if it's in the Panigale S price range as that is one of the bikes on my short list
Lost credibility? LMFAO
As if I'm looking for your approval. LOL


Did I affirm the document was legitimate or did I post something that was circulating and comment on the rumored price?
1krider is offline  
post #45 of 61 Old 10-04-2014, 01:35 AM
Member
 
rod442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1krider View Post
Your example/argument is flawed and failed miserably the first time.
There was no reason to repeat yourself.

The only people that have a vote are those that have $60k to spend. (Or whatever the final MSRP ends up being)
The only vote you have in this conversation is what do with YOUR MONEY.
You have 2 votes:
1) Buy the H2R.
2) Don't buy the H2R.

End of discussion.


Your completely delusional if you think that anyone who chooses not to buy something cant perceive or find value in an item. Just because I can't afford a 20 million dollar beach house in Malibu, doesn't mean I don't or cant understand the value that it has. Same thing with a solid gold rolex. or a painting by Picasso. Or a classic Ferrari. Or whatever.


Just because I choose not to buy one, doesn't mean its not valuable. And I can also have an opinion of how much I would be willing to pay for something, even if I choose not to buy it.


I get that people vote with their dollars, but that isn't the end all-be all of value in this world. Even going back to your argument about cars. I chose not to buy a corvette, and instead bought a firebird formula. Does this mean I cant comment on whether I thought a C5 was too much money? Or that I automatically deemed it "too expensive"? No. I chose one over the other for entirely different reasons. None of which had to do with the price of the car.

2012 ZX14R Candy Surf Blue - Brocks CT duals, PCV, Brocks flash, 207hp/121tq rear wheel
rod442 is offline  
post #46 of 61 Old 10-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Ultimately value is imbued by a common understanding of what something is worth. Value is not intrinsic to most things, especially dollar value. True comes from how much we can enjoy something, how much it feeds us, or provides us utility. We then take that and convert it into dollars so that we can have an economy instead of a barter system.
Titan is offline  
post #47 of 61 Old 10-04-2014, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod442 View Post
I chose not to buy a corvette, and instead bought a firebird formula.
And that was a huge mistake on your part.
F-bodies are JUNK compared to C5 and newer Corvettes.
And, I've owned multiple F-body and Corvette generations.
Now,on the other hand, the 2016 Camaro is going to be a game changer......if it's priced right.
1krider is offline  
post #48 of 61 Old 10-04-2014, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Ultimately value is imbued by a common understanding of what something is worth. Value is not intrinsic to most things, especially dollar value. True comes from how much we can enjoy something, how much it feeds us, or provides us utility. We then take that and convert it into dollars so that we can have an economy instead of a barter system.
Well spoken and intelligent post. One of the best I've read in a while.
Like I said, I'm just tired of people telling me something is "worth it" when they will never buy it themselves and don't have the money to make a purchase even if they were willing to buy it.
The only "opinion" on value that matters is from those who are actually buying, or actually own something.
Does anyone care what a dishwasher's opinion is of the MSRP of a Gulfstream jet ????

I went through the same forum discussions when the ZO6 and ZR1 Corvette were unveiled with pricing.
I stand by my position, and purchase, that a base Corvette with the addition of a centrifugal supercharger and headers is the best return on investment......
and that $60k is ridiculous for a street bike. So, let's hope the H2 is a lot cheaper than the H2R.

Last edited by 1krider; 10-04-2014 at 12:43 PM.
1krider is offline  
post #49 of 61 Old 10-05-2014, 06:18 AM
Member
 
rod442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1krider View Post
And that was a huge mistake on your part.
F-bodies are JUNK compared to C5 and newer Corvettes.
And, I've owned multiple F-body and Corvette generations.
Now,on the other hand, the 2016 Camaro is going to be a game changer......if it's priced right.

not your just talking junk. how can you tell ME that my choice is a mistake? and btw.... Junk for what? Driving around with three or four people in the car? nope. Going to car shows or cruises and seeing dozens of the same car? nope. Modding for a lot less? Yup, I guess its junk for that. lol.


I bought my Formula to have fun at the drag strip and on the street. I got the same engine and trans (basically) in a car for almost half the msrp of a C5. With mods - it is, for the most part; quicker and faster (in the 1/4) than any stock corvette has ever been and will likely ever will be. Except maybe the upcoming mid engine supervette. I will admit that a few stock c6 z06's and c6 zr1's have run in the 10's; and I have not (although its been really close) but my trap speeds are higher. I just choose to run on a radial tire, or it would et much quicker.


The 2010 Camaro was the game changer. It outsold mustang just about every year since its introduction. The 2016 Camaro wont be a game changer based on the next gen platform unless they get the weight down. And looking at the ats coupe, its still going to be too heavy. Hopefully I'm wrong.


And when the Ninja H2R (or the H2, for that matter) is the same price as a zx14r, you can tell me I'm wrong about that too. Oh, that's right; it wont be.

2012 ZX14R Candy Surf Blue - Brocks CT duals, PCV, Brocks flash, 207hp/121tq rear wheel
rod442 is offline  
post #50 of 61 Old 10-05-2014, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod442 View Post
not your just talking junk. how can you tell ME that my choice is a mistake?
Uhhhhh......cuz I own/owned all of the cars you are discussing. Pay attention.
Everything you posted is wrong, so you're not worth responding to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod442 View Post
And when the Ninja H2R (or the H2, for that matter) is the same price as a zx14r, you can tell me I'm wrong about that too. Oh, that's right; it wont be.
THe fact that you can't even afford a 1997 Corvette today that was selling for $36k BRAND NEW, means you can't afford the H2, so I don't know why you're in here trying to argue with me.
You've not even a qualified buyer for this bike.

Last edited by 1krider; 10-05-2014 at 03:08 PM.
1krider is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome