Engine at 200F riding day/night - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-26-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Engine at 200F riding day/night

I have the intercooler with sc gears upgrade and after racing or before i stay between 190-201. Boost temps never exceed 160.

I'm changing coolant today with engine ice and trying to burp the system if anyone can help with steps on that. Greatly Appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-26-2019, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
I run the bike with radiator cap off ,rocking the bike from side to side , topping as needed until i see the thermostat has opened and the coolant is flowing and the radiator is staying full
it will purge some out as you do this .

If you need more airflow on the radiator , and can compromise on intercooler ability a little, there is a smaller heat exchanger available from EC
that would suit both Ben or Travis's coolers
post #3 of 5 Old 08-02-2019, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
What was the temperature outside. Judging by Texas H2, im assuming it was in texas lol. Was this happening at 100F in stupid humid weather? Ive ridden down there when it was 100% humidity with literally no breeze. The bike was running the same as you mentioned. Now if its doing that at 70-80f id be a little more worried.

2016 Ninja H2 - Worlds Quickest and Fastest. 1/4 - 7.901 at 181mph - 233.6mph in 1 mile. CMP Built Motor, Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, R&G Undertail

post #4 of 5 Old 08-03-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
@Boosted10R so the temperature was 80's cruising around at 10pm at night in Dallas. I decided to Burp the system and it made a significant difference. Now I'm cruising at 180's engine temp!! Really made me happy to see that low engine temp. I'm stage 3 gears with Travis Intercooler also aluminum radiator so i knew something was wrong with the temp. I figured the mechanic that installed the new radiator didn't properly get all the air bubbles out the system!

Thanks for all the help! Hopefully see yall in Dallas this month for some roll racing!
post #5 of 5 Old Today, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasH2 View Post
@Boosted10R so the temperature was 80's cruising around at 10pm at night in Dallas. I decided to Burp the system and it made a significant difference. Now I'm cruising at 180's engine temp!! Really made me happy to see that low engine temp. I'm stage 3 gears with Travis Intercooler also aluminum radiator so i knew something was wrong with the temp. I figured the mechanic that installed the new radiator didn't properly get all the air bubbles out the system!

Thanks for all the help! Hopefully see yall in Dallas this month for some roll racing!
Good stuff! Ya at 80f that would definitely be too hot. Glad it's all sorted out.

I wont be back down until the end of the year, or early next spring.

2016 Ninja H2 - Worlds Quickest and Fastest. 1/4 - 7.901 at 181mph - 233.6mph in 1 mile. CMP Built Motor, Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, R&G Undertail

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page