smooth cruising @ over 6k rpms ?? - Page 4 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 40 Old 11-05-2017, 12:13 AM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
"if you let the bike ride you"...that wouldn't be any fun.Sounds like a LOT of work just tryin to get up to speed...any speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 11-05-2017, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
I have tried pushing a bike 7.5 miles. Not exactly the same as letting the bike ride you, but kind of similar. Problem was, I made it only 6.5 miles before a car hit the bike and me. An individual wearing a hoodie at nearly 5 AM in mid 80 degree temperatures. Who had, it turns out, specifically signed to NOT have liability coverage.

I suspect I'd better not extend the idea to letting the bike ride me, who knows what would happen then, lol!

(Btw, I did understand the point, just having fun.)
h2madness! likes this.
post #33 of 40 Old 11-05-2017, 01:49 AM

Glad ya didn't wind up DOA on that one.WOW.6 and a half miles is pretty darn good.Longest I pushed was maybe a half a mile...uphill,Harley softail Heritage.That was plenty enough for me.
trenace likes this.

post #34 of 40 Old 11-05-2017, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
@h2madness! Well it seems maybe you're bike is already set up to resolve the throttle issue before you even noticed it was there? And cruising at certain revs at neutral throttle will vent the boost causing a flutter of chirping sounds. Perhaps your bike is too loud? In any case, we are talking about the bikes who do have the throttle sensitivity issues. You can't dismiss their issues just because you don't have it right?

And yes, it is a lot of work (lots of miles under the belt) but if you're never comfortable on the bike to begin with, you're gonna have a lot more problems than just throttle sensitivity.

Sorry that happened @trenace . I've pushed a bike 2 miles and it definitely wasn't fun! I was definitely under the bike's mercy at that point... anything she wanted, she got!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trenace likes this.

@darksideandthebeast
post #35 of 40 Old 11-05-2017, 03:20 PM

"You can't dismiss their issues just because you don't have it right?"...God no.The performance 'issues' with the throttle are definitely real.I'm only saying that when I got my 2015,at any cruise speed it didn't surge.I would have noticed it.In fact when some were saying they felt that,I went out and really paid attention to see if it was doing it.It wasn't.IDK WHY it wasn't.I DID notice a rapid pulsing(after I'd ridden it for a several thousand miles)sounding like the motor.BUT...I replaced the chain and it went away.I can hear it in some of my 1st year vids I took. Chain care is IMO real important with this bike.It's very sensitive.I haven't ridden it again with the stock only bar end and no spacer.For all I know,it could be doing exactly what others are saying.No need though to go back the way it was.It's very good right now.

"if you're never comfortable on the bike to begin with, you're gonna have a lot more problems than just throttle sensitivity"...yup.TOTALLY agree. The seat was the first thing I got sorted out.After that,riding was really fun.And IS fun.My 14r sat all last year.And 2015.I just love this H2.

Last edited by h2madness!; 11-05-2017 at 03:23 PM.
post #36 of 40 Old 11-06-2017, 01:31 AM

"neutral throttle will vent the boost causing a flutter of chirping sounds"...nope,never experienced that either.Not at neutral throttle.Or under load.Only cutting throttle at various RPMs.
post #37 of 40 Old 04-25-2018, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
My 2017 Carbon has a gas tank warning sticker not to use anything less than 95! A throttle lesson learned today, don't grab a fist full of throttle as the acceleration is so violent that I found it difficult to back off while my arms were being detached from there sockets. Just difficult to unwind if the wrist angle has been lost.
Seem so me that the throttle is not snatchy on mine, just instantly responsive. Also when revving in 1st or second it sounds like an air dump valve opens on de-acceleration. Sounds cool and gets looks. Must have a ride of a 2015 to compare the throttle response.
post #38 of 40 Old 04-25-2018, 05:37 AM

"Seem so me that the throttle is not snatchy on mine, just instantly responsive"...yep.Instant.

Well...the throttle by wire is very sensitive.I had this happening on mine also when new.Didn't mean to imply it wasn't like the others.It was.But it held a steady cruise rpm(I rode her with part of my palm resting on the bar end).So I don't know what's happening there with these other ones.I SUSPECT it's the bike going over road anomalies and the throttle hand is moving without actually noticing it...the throttle is that sensitive.On the 2015's anyway.The Guhl flash is supposed to disable the Throttle by wire function,and the Broc mapping is supposed to smooth out the fuel delivery.I haven't ridden mine since I installed the stage 2 package(late last year)...but I'm dyin to...gotta wait a couple more months though....license.

Possibly the cable free play stock actually helps that cruising mode some.IDK.But a sharply adjusted throttle pull would increase the likelihood of it being more sensitive to inputs.I would think anyway.I have my free play adjusted pretty much out.Maybe a 1/16th of an inch free play on mine.

Last edited by h2madness!; 04-25-2018 at 05:42 AM.
post #39 of 40 Old 04-25-2018, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Almost no free play in mine, adjusted it lock to lock before I took it out if the shop. I remember the first fright I got, adjusting my scarf with my left hand, enough movement to startle me with the slight movement of my body position effecting the throttle hand.
Personally I think all new buyers of the H2 should be given a complementary pack of adult pampers.
post #40 of 40 Old 04-25-2018, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Garage
I will chime in. If you actually want to have good control of your throttle you need to get away from the 1/7 turn throttle and get it closer to 1/4. Grinding down the throttle tube makes the thing much more controllable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page