Roll on June! - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 05-11-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
stuart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Roll on June!

Hi all new member here ordered a new H2 from Bristol Kawasaki (UK) last week its due sometime in June, I currently have a Tuono Factory with a de cat and Akro exhaust and it sounds great, am getting the carbon Akro (free option) with the new bike but I think I'm going to be disappointed with the exhaust note, this leaves me in a bit of a quandary. I don't want to flash the ecu for warranty reasons but I would like to de cat the bike any ideas? thanks in advance Stu.
stuart is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 05-11-2019, 12:57 PM
Senior Member
 
h2madness!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,373
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
welcome****,I can only suggest losing the midpipe canister,and running a straight back midpipe with decent exhaust end.It won't void the warranty.Yer talkin a pipe mod or new exhaust system.You don't NEED an ECU flash or anything doing that with the exhaust.You're in England.IDK about the warranty actually.
stuart likes this.

Last edited by h2madness!; 05-12-2019 at 01:10 AM.
h2madness! is online now  
post #3 of 11 Old 05-12-2019, 08:40 AM
Senior Member
 
BobC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,263
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Garage
Hi Stuart, does your Akrapovic muffler still have the small grommet at the back where you can access a bolt and remove the baffle? I'd heard that European legislation might have done away with it. My bike's a 2015 and I can remove it. Also the Akrapovic Evo system which I have now fitted, similar style of muffler but a larger bore, allows me to remove the baffle. It isn't hellish noisy but a bit fruitier than stock.

For info: I run at Straightliners meetings and like many of our circuits and other venues they have a 103dB noise limit. Mine usually makes between 98 and 100.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Akra.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	25211  
h2madness! likes this.

Go Fast Or Go Home
BobC is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 05-12-2019, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
stuart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Hi Stuart, does your Akrapovic muffler still have the small grommet at the back where you can access a bolt and remove the baffle? I'd heard that European legislation might have done away with it. My bike's a 2015 and I can remove it. Also the Akrapovic Evo system which I have now fitted, similar style of muffler but a larger bore, allows me to remove the baffle. It isn't hellish noisy but a bit fruitier than stock.

For info: I run at Straightliners meetings and like many of our circuits and other venues they have a 103dB noise limit. Mine usually makes between 98 and 100.
Hi BobC, I haven't got the bike or muffler yet but I would presume it has a removable baffle, lets hope so! quick question if I upgrade to the Akrapovic eve system do I have to have the bike flashed? because that's a mod I am reluctant to do, rgds Stu.
stuart is online now  
post #5 of 11 Old 05-12-2019, 03:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 611
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Roll on June!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
Hi BobC, I haven't got the bike or muffler yet but I would presume it has a removable baffle, lets hope so! quick question if I upgrade to the Akrapovic eve system do I have to have the bike flashed? because that's a mod I am reluctant to do, rgds Stu.


Hi Stuart,
Iím sure Bob will reply but for what itís worth I had a 2016 with the full Akra system complete with a Brockís reflash & PCV.
My experience is that it made a solid 250bhp (see image, itís still in first place, just!) but I never liked the delivery, deceleration pop (just a consideration) or the fact that without as much back pressure the idle was more lumpy.

TBH I missed the smoothness although thatís probably a case of old man syndrome!

Donít get me wrong, it looked great but I donít think itís a route Iíll take again.

My 2019 is massively better in terms of control and low down drive, throttle feels more connected, I never really gelled with the 2016.

I fitted the 2019 with the Akra slip on and removed the baffle, itís strangely noisier than my pre full system 2016.

My opinion is that if you fit the full system (obviously removing the CAT) youíd be wise to reflash and map the bike or at least buy a PCV and get the fuel map set up correctly on a dyno.

Bob uses his for LSR, thatís his main focus so will perhaps have a different opinion to me. I think he has the Brockís Flash & PCV but had his fuel map set up by his local dealer after fitting the full system.

He holds the UK speed records so he did something right thatís for sure!

Regards
Richard





Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lamf1969 is online now  
post #6 of 11 Old 05-12-2019, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
stuart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks so much for the info Lamf, BobC and H2, when I get the bike I'll remove the baffle from the Akro slip on and see how she sounds and take it from there, I'm getting an evotech tail tidy installed at the dealers & Kawasaki frame slider/protecters as well, counting the days now till blast off! rgds Stu.
stuart is online now  
post #7 of 11 Old 05-12-2019, 05:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 611
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
Thanks so much for the info Lamf, BobC and H2, when I get the bike I'll remove the baffle from the Akro slip on and see how she sounds and take it from there, I'm getting an evotech tail tidy installed at the dealers & Kawasaki frame slider/protecters as well, counting the days now till blast off! rgds Stu.


Evotech is good stuff, I have the tail tidy and crash protection, the evotech system goes right across the frame:




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lamf1969 is online now  
post #8 of 11 Old 05-13-2019, 03:45 AM
Senior Member
 
BobC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,263
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
Hi BobC, I haven't got the bike or muffler yet but I would presume it has a removable baffle, lets hope so! quick question if I upgrade to the Akrapovic eve system do I have to have the bike flashed? because that's a mod I am reluctant to do, rgds Stu.
Stuart, if you fit the Akrapovic Evo' system you don't have to have the bike flashed. It accepts the lambda sensor too so it's a straight swap. You won't need the cable which operates the exhaust valve, either remove it or tuck it away safely. The biggest benefit is getting rid of the ugly catalytic converter that hangs under the bike, saving around 15kg in weight by going titanium and a better noise. The stock system is quite efficient and you won't see a huge hike in power by going Evo'. If you were to get it flashed that's where the big gains are to be found. The ECU on our European bikes is a pain to remove because they use anti-tamper bolts on it. You have to remove, or pull forward, the fairing. The ECU lives in the front of the bike in a cage bolted to the top yoke.

+1 for the Evotech tail tidy, it improves the look of the bike like nothing else for the money.

Go Fast Or Go Home

Last edited by BobC; 05-13-2019 at 08:52 AM.
BobC is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 05-13-2019, 06:11 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hi all, I have thefull system fitted from new. Have done my best to run in by the book. Firstservice this weekend coming. My question is this. Does the bike learn the new exhaust over time?The reason I ask is that when I first picked the bike up, it seemed to be usinga ridicules amount of fuel, bearing in mind I was keeping the revs down to4000ish. But since the first couple of tanks it is a lot better(where I wouldhave expected it to be).
Nige
GadjetUK is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 05-13-2019, 07:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 611
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadjetUK View Post
Hi all, I have thefull system fitted from new. Have done my best to run in by the book. Firstservice this weekend coming. My question is this. Does the bike learn the new exhaust over time?The reason I ask is that when I first picked the bike up, it seemed to be usinga ridicules amount of fuel, bearing in mind I was keeping the revs down to4000ish. But since the first couple of tanks it is a lot better(where I wouldhave expected it to be).
Nige


H2ís are far from economical, like anything else it depends on how itís ridden but my experience is that theyíre a reasonably thirsty bike.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lamf1969 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome