LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 Old 08-13-2018, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick150 View Post
Well, looking on YouTube I see #72 went to Indonesia.
???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 Old 08-14-2018, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2017 Carbon, 72/120 went to Indonesia . I wondered why not many owners of this version are not members here? I have 78/120.
post #13 of 29 Old 08-24-2018, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
I would like some real numbers on how many H2 carbons were built each year! It's safe to assume 120 2017's but the 2018's such as mine in the attached picture were not numbered on the supercharger or anywhere that I know of like the 2017. It's really disappointing to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180327_163014.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	23851  

post #14 of 29 Old 08-24-2018, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticketmaster View Post
I would like some real numbers on how many H2 carbons were built each year! It's safe to assume 120 2017's but the 2018's such as mine in the attached picture were not numbered on the supercharger or anywhere that I know of like the 2017. It's really disappointing to me.
For what it's worth, I'm willing to bet that a lot less 2018s were made. I agree that it is fun to know the actual production numbers though.

Last edited by Knolly; 08-24-2018 at 01:50 PM.
post #15 of 29 Old 08-24-2018, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
@Ticketmaster .."or anywhere that I know of like the 2017"...look at the first page of your owner's manual...that stuck on bar code deal.Your bike build number is there.Lowest long set of numbers and letters.The last three.Unless that's been done away with...IDK.
post #16 of 29 Old 09-23-2018, 03:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Hi, I got a 2018 Carbon, no its not numbered and very disappointed, looks like a normal one with a aftermarket fairing, also dissatisfied as this is a selling piece when it comes to resale.....so how will a future buyer or onlooker know its a carbon?... lot of extra money - here 8,000 euro more, thats like $10,000 over the normal carbon. Very unhappy but what can we do?..
post #17 of 29 Old 09-24-2018, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Don't worry, your carbon will have more interest as not many people brought them. You might get a premium when you sell it and somebody that has a choice is likely to by the carbon.
Ticketmaster likes this.
post #18 of 29 Old 09-24-2018, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by africantiger View Post
Hi, I got a 2018 Carbon, no its not numbered and very disappointed, looks like a normal one with a aftermarket fairing, also dissatisfied as this is a selling piece when it comes to resale.....so how will a future buyer or onlooker know its a carbon?... lot of extra money - here 8,000 euro more, thats like $10,000 over the normal carbon. Very unhappy but what can we do?..
The 2018 Carbon is the only H2 (including H2Rs) to have the two-tone matte/mirror paint scheme.
post #19 of 29 Old 09-25-2018, 01:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by africantiger View Post
I think many 2018 H2 Carbon owners are frustrated by not knowing exactly what number theirs is and how many of them were built since it was a "Limited Edition". Numbering badges on limited edition vehicles have been pretty standard for years. Kawasaki numbering the 2017's but not the 2018's is even more frustrating especially to those such as myself who bought the "Limited Edition" carbon for the rarity.

The lack of involvement on this forum from Kawasaki is also disappointing.Hopefully this will change in the future. Understandably there is a lot of information they would rather not divulge. However there is a lot they could share without a negative impact.

I don't want my criticism of SOME of Kawasaki's practices in regards to the Carbon to be all you hear from me. They deserve credit where it is due. The carbon fairing quality is top notch! The looks of it and the way they tied it in with the rest of the paint scheme is AMAZING! In my experience from years of seeing aftermarket carbon fiber pieces for both cars and motorcycles most of it is nowhere near the look, fit, and overall quality of what Kawasaki produced for the H2 Carbon. Only the best of the aftermarket stuff is comparable and it isn't cheap either! So I don't think it's fair to say "it looks like a normal one with a aftermarket fairing".

On paper at first glance the $3000 dollar price difference here in the US is significant but when you consider the total cost of the bike and just how good the carbon looks...I would have paid the extra for the carbon even if not for the rarity, just for the look. With everything else on this bike being so above and beyond it is my strong opinion that the carbon fairing looks like it belongs on the H2 especially when following the look of the H2R.
post #20 of 29 Old 09-25-2018, 02:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
For what it's worth, I'm willing to bet that a lot less 2018s were made. I agree that it is fun to know the actual production numbers though.
I disagree and here is why. The carbon look is very popular this day in age especially in high end cars and motorcycles so it seems fitting for a motorcycle of the H2's caliber. I'm sure Kawasaki could have easily sold WAY more than 120 Carbon units worldwide in both 2017 and 2018. I myself put down the deposit for a 2017 H2 Carbon during the order period. My dealer spent hours emailing and calling Kawasaki and doing everything in their power to get me one. With sadness and disappointment they wound up refunding my deposit. The day the order period started for 2018's came I placed my order and left the deposit again. I doubt I was the only person who tried to buy a 2017 H2 here in the US and was unable to. I'm sure people in other countries tried to as well and were unable to.

There is very little for Kawasaki to gain by vastly limiting the number of a specific motorcycle built. There is the buzz and hype, but that is limited in how much it will help future business at the expense of current sales. From a business standpoint you want to supply as close to the exact number as there is a demand for without going over. The more of that exact motorcycle you can build and actually sell the less it costs per unit to build and in turn the more profitable it becomes. Kawasaki's focus is on how many motorcycles they can sell that model year. What it's worth because of it's rarity in the future doesn't really matter.

So I'm sure Kawasaki chose not to number them in 2018 to prevent limiting potential sales. It made sense for them to build as many as people ordered. Now the million dollar question is just what is that number

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page