Ninja H2 banner

The Envied H2 Build Log

91K views 254 replies 29 participants last post by  EnviedH2 
#1 ·
Alright so to start this off lets introduce myself. My names Kenneth and I just recently separated from the Air Force. I currently live in Las Vegas but will be moving to Newark in February. This is my 4th bike(09 CBR600,10 R1,15 R1 and 16 H2) and second that I currently own(15 R1 and16 H2). The H2 was purchased brand new from a dealer in Cali so it does have the canister that Cali models have but I dont think it affects the performance at all. Enough of the chatter here are the initial pics when I arrived to pickup the bike. I left Vegas at midnight and arrived in San Jose at a little after 7am.

See less See more
#2 ·
Once I got the bike home it was time to plan out the actual plan for the bike. This bike will of course be mainly ridden on the street but it will be used at the Drag Strip whenever possible. So that's the route I'm going. Pictures of the bike parked next to her sister

#4 ·
So now that we had the bike home it was time to get some baselines for the weight and HP before we do any mods. Here's what we got

Anybody wants to take a guess at the weight after the exhaust change?

#10 ·
Anybody wants to take a guess at the weight after the exhaust change?
Is there a prize for who gets closest?

Well Brocks full exhaust w/ the Alien Head 2 is 11.1lbs & 10.2lbs for slash cut, since the Alien Head 2 muffler is 3.3lbs & slash cut is 2.4 lbs.

Below is what I got for the weight of the OEM muffler & hanger, heat shields & stock headers/cat = 37.28lbs, I might have missed a fastener or 2. So if you're going slash cut like most have then approx. a 27lb loss so figure 492.92 lbs for the bike if fuel/coolant is filled to same exact level & the bike isn't changed any other way... A little more than that if you remove the O2 sensor, wire & connection under the tank which I did because its deactivated anyway & makes for a cleaner look vs the wire/sensor coming out of the exhaust.

You'll lighten up more once you get rid of the OEM tail, etc. I change out batteries every 5th year but I'm going to switch to lighter Lithium battery probably next season (the 3rd) so it's not a waste of the original battery.

Btw: If you're looking to get rid of the front fender reflector you can matching bolts from Kawasaki, same as the other fender bolt.

#5 ·
Next thing was to order the parts that I could and pull the bike apart to get it ready. Pulling the ECU was a pain but we got through it. Also dropped the exhaust since we had a brand new full Brocks system on the way

Reactions: STRADALE
#15 ·
Fender Eliminator Before:

After: Wires are better tucked away now but I wish it came with a plate to cover that area

And then all of this needs to be installed

Reactions: Brock and zxrob
#16 ·
Subscribed!! Thanks for sharing your progess

#17 ·
As did I... I'm a big fan of attention to detail!

Thank you for your confidence in Brock's and please let us know if you need anything. I don't receive notifications of PM's for some reason (?), so they may take a while - but you can always shoot us an e-mail: sales@brocksperformance.com or me personally bmail@brocksperformance.com

Looking forward to your build :D

Brock
Brocks Performance

#24 ·
And a couple pics of the damper risers installed to lower the front

Lowering Links Installed and set to stock height for now

Front End Strapped and ready

Still got some things I need to install so more pics coming soon and also a few videos.

#27 ·
Haven't taken it back yet. Waiting on the arm to arrive and be installed before I weigh it again. I'm guessing its around 490 right now and will probably be 480ish after the arm

#31 ·
Been a minute but got a couple updates for this one. So got rid of the stock battery for the Shorai. I have run Shorai in all my bikes and never had an issue.

Also got a new tire for when the arm gets installed next week hopefully

Then we got another small addition that should help alot

#33 ·
I didn't take any pics of where I connected it but I can get some when I pull it apart to ship the ECU back out again.

#34 ·
Finally got to take the bike to the Drag to get some SWB numbers before we stretch it. Had to drive 5 hours but it was worth it to get the numbers. I only got to run 2 runs before getting kicked off since I dont have a NHRA license. My mechanic had to run it for the night and he did pretty good trying to tame the beast but she still gave him trouble. Fastest pass on the night was a 9.48 and top speed on the night was 160mph. The S1000RR that was in the opposite lane all night was trying to spray his 50shot but the tune he got from Brentune for spraying didn't quite work LoL. Anyways enjoy and post up some of you guys videos or numbers if you've ran SWB.

#35 ·
@EnveiedH2,

Your mechanic did an excellent job! 9.48 the first time out is a great number. People have no idea how difficult a stock wheelbase H2 is to ride (quickly) at the drag strip. Our professional rider, Jeremy Teasley, ran (in order): 9.42, 8.99, 9.24. 9.08. He said it was the most difficult bike he had ever ridden.

His drag strip run is located in this video:

Brock
Brocks Performance

#37 ·
@EnveiedH2,

Your mechanic did an excellent job! 9.48 the first time out is a great number. People have no idea how difficult a stock wheelbase H2 is to ride (quickly) at the drag strip. Our professional rider, Jeremy Teasley, ran (in order): 9.42, 8.99, 9.24. 9.08. He said it was the most difficult bike he had ever ridden.

Brock
Brocks Performance

Thanks Brock and I showed him this and now he feels alot better about his times cause he was beating himself up cause he thought he should have gone faster.

Reactions: Brock
#41 · (Edited)
Finally got some new goodies either already installed on the bike or getting ready to be installed. First up are the Brocks Heavy Duty Clutch Springs. OEM on the left and Brocks HD Springs on right

Also got a AEM high flow fuel pump to install. Now this was fun to do LoL. I still need to find connectors for the wires cause I'm not cutting the oem pump. If anybody else wants to install one of these and needs info just hit me up

#42 ·
I got the Stacks installed finally. Wasn't hard to do and they actually came with the hardware. I did put some red locktite on the bolts to make sure none of them back out.

Also finally got my Adams 34" Swingarm in. Can't wait to see the bike with the arm on. Just hoping the issues some others had early on with installing it have been rectified.

#44 ·
They had issues with the bushings being either too small or oval and the sleeves not fitting. Which my mechanic just sent me a text saying he was having he same issues but the man BoostedH2 told me what to tell him to get it to work. The arm is on and tomorrow he's going to get the wheel on and then figure out the exhaust because it was hitting the arm.

#45 ·
Next up the Stage 3 gears. I have to say installing these were actually alot easier than I thought they would be. I basically used the same method Rickey did in his last install video. I also have a Don Guhl Meth kit getting installed along with the arm to help with those inlet temps. Didn't get any pictures of the kit but I will once its installed.

Also got a couple Clutch parts going out to get measured to see if we can get some things custom made for a drag racing application.

#47 ·
Yes Don Guhl at Guhl Motors offer a Meth/Water Injection Kit for our bikes. You will have to send your ECU in for the kit to work. Im not exactly sure how the ECU plays a part but I think it has something to do with the Pair Valve connector being used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.