LSR H2 build - Page 11 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 243 Old 10-31-2016, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Great job on this build Oz, great documentation on your build!

2016 Ninja H2 ľAkropovic Exhaust .. Stage III gears .. Extreme Creations intercooler .. H2R Fuel Pump .. DynoJet PCV .. DNA race filter .. FlashTune .. DynoTuned .. BST wheels .. Yosh fender eliminator.. Brembo full-floating disc rotors .. Brembo RC19 master cylinder .. SBS Racing brake pads .. Lightech gas cap ... ABS delete + custom brake lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 243 Old 10-31-2016, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Looks nice Paul, good upgrade from std too ,
Ben (Extreme Creations to the non locals) has mine at the moment so we can get this billet intercooler thing underway

Thanks Racer , hoping it does good for someone besides me, i learnt a lot from early days of guys doing similar like the old TurboRick mailing list , Actually met Rick yrs later and was able to thank him , without that start i may not have done half the fun things it led too
post #103 of 243 Old 11-02-2016, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am interested in the 24 tooth bottom gear or a whole set. let me know price and availability

post #104 of 243 Old 11-15-2016, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBooster View Post
Thanks
Oz Have you thought about using nitrous for cooling? Obviously I don't know LSR rules, but in my past high HP turbo grudge bikes I've used nitrous to cool intake temps. Cooling + HP. Just an idea. Thats how I'm thinking of running mine or running methanol injection. In my honest opinion best was to cool intake air without any loss of pressure and turbulence.

Dan
post #105 of 243 Old 11-16-2016, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
In the fuel class i will be in because of the E85 there is no problem with Nos , but space for a bottle is extremely limited if your trying to present minimal surface area , and i am not real keen on introducing another variable , esp with constant bottle pressure being so critical for tuneup and the actual amount of time it would have to be in use to be effective , so no i have not thought about it much

On another note my fibreglass guy gave up on the fairing, i wanted a trackday type fairing to work from , to blend the H2 look at the front with fully enclosed sides and tail... So looks like i am going to try it myself , aiming for a 1 piece cowl instead of the multi piece on there now
post #106 of 243 Old 11-16-2016, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
OZ... Let me know how the front fiberglass goes, i was thinking about doing the same thing. I am currently in the process of moving. Once i get in the new home and have my family settled in i plan on starting with my build.

Oh... as for keeping the nitrous a stable pressures, i used carbon nitrous bottles and a bottler heater. Also depending on the amount of heat that your intercooler might displace a very small nitrous shot and equal jus the same and extra HP. I know a lot of people are scared of nitrous but with the technology out there now its easy. But hey its just an opinion, really love what your doing with the build good luck with it. Keep us updated
post #107 of 243 Old 11-17-2016, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I have had limited use of Nos, in a car back in the early 90's and on a busa about 8 yr ago, both went well, but the bottle is never big enough always went back to turbos and kept the 2 separate ,

I will post up here when i start the fibreglass
post #108 of 243 Old 11-18-2016, 01:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Have you ever seen one of these? Miniature BLDC Rotary Refrigeration Compressors | 2012-10-23 | Appliance Design Magazine A variable speed tiny refrigeration compressor could be setup as an intercooler. With a thermostatic speed controller it could be possible to maintain constant temperature or at least controlled temp curve probably well below 100 degrees F. ...Is it possible to package it inside the airbox? IMO it's there for someone to eventually make it work.

Hond Trail 70 - Hond 125xl
2 x Yama RD350's
Yama IT465 - Yam Raptor 700
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2
post #109 of 243 Old 11-18-2016, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawiguy454 View Post
Have you ever seen one of these? Miniature BLDC Rotary Refrigeration Compressors | 2012-10-23 | Appliance Design Magazine A variable speed tiny refrigeration compressor could be setup as an intercooler. With a thermostatic speed controller it could be possible to maintain constant temperature or at least controlled temp curve probably well below 100 degrees F. ...Is it possible to package it inside the airbox? IMO it's there for someone to eventually make it work.
Interesting idea but if my math is correct you would need over 900 W of cooling effect for every degree you want lower and this compressor delivers max 455 W. It would'nt help much...

flow=200 l/s=720m3/h density=1,29 kg/m3 heat kapacity air=1,004
formula: Q = m * c * (T2-T1)
Q = (720*1,29) * 1,004 = 932,5 W/degree
post #110 of 243 Old 11-18-2016, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
No free lunch hey

Front heat exchanger and big enough W/A intercooler should keep me within 20C of ambiant temp, if i cant get that sort of range without covering the whole radiator with heat exchanger i will use a tail mounted ice tank instead of heat exchanger and my inlet temps will be 27-30c for most of a run , climbing 1 deg a second at the end when the ice is gone (based on previous experiance )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page