56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #131 of 150 Old 07-27-2016, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
I'm not kidding. I'm full throttle at the top of 3rd right as I get into 4th. That's with TC set to #2 . Anything earlier than that and the wheel comes up. Maybe it's more aggressive in setting #1 or with TC off.

I weigh 215lbs naked. lol. So I'm probably around 240lbs fully geared.
Interesting, i need to try TC2 next time, i have it set on 1. I weigh 240lb naked so it's not that i'm a small guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 150 Old 07-27-2016, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fommen View Post
Interesting, i need to try TC2 next time, i have it set on 1. I weigh 240lb naked so it's not that i'm a small guy.

I've always had the impression that with 3 mode KTRC, setting #2 will only allow you to float the front wheel at full throttle. So maybe that's the difference.
post #133 of 150 Old 07-27-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:

Start watching at around 7:16. Then peep my throttle hand whenever I hit the straights. It barely moves because I'm at or very close to full throttle.

post #134 of 150 Old 07-27-2016, 03:36 PM

that's some very nice riding! gonna try TC2 and see if it helps. Also have some new sprocket which will calm things down a bit once i have installed them. 19 teeth front and 41 or 42 teeth at the rear.
post #135 of 150 Old 07-27-2016, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Quote:
100% throttle in third gear? You must be joking? i can't even put 100% throttle in sixth gear, does'nt matter where i put my ass, close to the tank or as long back i can, around 11k rpm the front wheel start to rise and often combined with the rear wheel spinning. This is a typical log after one of my runs and you see the front wheel speed starts to decline around 11k and the rear wheel just keeps on going, this is in sixth gear. when i do full throttle in fifth or lower the front comes up hard.
Fomen,

What type of data logging software do you use and what application to graph/analyze ?

Rhody...
post #136 of 150 Old 07-27-2016, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Wink

Or neutral on my 68 Norton Commando Fastback (shift pattern properly on the right with 1st at the top). Best done while rolling to a stop rather than at a standstill....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by als 15 h2 View Post
If you think finding Neutral on the H2 is a problem, you should try finding neutral on a 2014 Norton Commando 961!

P. S. I don't have a problem finding Neutral on the H2.
post #137 of 150 Old 07-28-2016, 12:57 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
I weigh 215lbs naked. lol.
well if we're comparing I'm 147 so my little ass flies on these liter bikes

regarding the discussion of front end coming up, it's been my experience that throttle control is the difference. If you come out of a corner and go WOT then it is going to jump, but if you milk it through the power band with feel you will get maximum drive and keep the front down.

2016 Ninja H2 ĖAkropovic Exhaust .. Stage III gears .. Extreme Creations intercooler .. H2R Fuel Pump .. DynoJet PCV .. DNA race filter .. FlashTune .. DynoTuned .. BST wheels .. Yosh fender eliminator.. Brembo full-floating disc rotors .. Brembo RC19 master cylinder .. SBS Racing brake pads .. Lightech gas cap ... ABS delete + custom brake lines
post #138 of 150 Old 07-28-2016, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhody View Post
Fomen,

What type of data logging software do you use and what application to graph/analyze ?

Rhody...
I use woolich, both logger and software.
post #139 of 150 Old 07-28-2016, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax+h2 View Post
Thanks for the info guys, I just noticed my traction is set at 2. If I turn that off will the bike go a little quicker? Or is it better to gradually lower to 1 then off?
When I did my first couple of LSR standing mile runs the rider behind me on the start line came up to me in the paddock afterwards to ask of my clutch was slipping.

I was sure that it wasn't but he said they could hear something going on. After some head scratching we decided it was almost certainly the TC intervening and I also found some weird marks on the rear RS10, probably caused by this.

On the next run I turned the TC off. Problem solved. I had to be careful about wheel spin but the terminal speeds were faster and the RS10 had that lovely grainy look it gets when working hard and no strange marks.

People are still talking about TC in terms of "how high will it allow the wheelie to go". Guys the H2 does not have an anti-wheelie control. There is no IMU on these bikes. If the TC does intervene and either hold a wheelie or pull it down it's entirely coincidental. Please don't get a false sense of security about Wheelies and TC - it could so easily end in tears. If the relative front/rear wheel speeds fall outside certain criteria, determined by the TC setting, then power is cut. This is designed to stop the rear from spinning up, not to stop wheelies.

Last edited by BobC; 07-28-2016 at 06:20 AM.
post #140 of 150 Old 07-28-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer172 View Post
well if we're comparing I'm 147 so my little ass flies on these liter bikes

regarding the discussion of front end coming up, it's been my experience that throttle control is the difference. If you come out of a corner and go WOT then it is going to jump, but if you milk it through the power band with feel you will get maximum drive and keep the front down.
That's what I do. I milk it to 10k rpm and then I pop it wide open. I try to be at around 7-8k coming out of turns depending on the bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page