3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 02-24-2020, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2019 instrument gauges on 2016?

Does anybody know if the 2019 instrument gauges on the h2 is compatible with the 2016 model? I would love to install that lcd screen on my 2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-25-2020, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Garage
One of the points I made to the H2 team from Kawasaki Japan when we discussed the 2015 model was about their LCD panel. By then Ducati and others were already in the market with decent colour displays, I told them they'd missed a trick and also that the mono display was hard to read in some lighting conditions. Not very good for such a high performance motorcycle. They nodded politely.

So glad the newer models have been upgraded but I have a suspicion that it's not going to be plug-and-play adding this display to an earlier bike. It might be cheaper and easier to trade the bike for a new one.

Go Fast Or Go Home
post #3 of 14 Old 02-25-2020, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Wish it was...for those wanting that.It looks physically like it's different.That would take some doing to get that right.Plus the sensors on the bike.You'd need those.Plus the ECU that can deal with all that stuff.IDK.I won't be selling my 2015 for a TFT panel,that's for sure.

h2madness!

post #4 of 14 Old 02-26-2020, 06:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbirdH2 View Post
Wish it was...for those wanting that.It looks physically like it's different.That would take some doing to get that right.Plus the sensors on the bike.You'd need those.Plus the ECU that can deal with all that stuff.IDK.I won't be selling my 2015 for a TFT panel,that's for sure.
Me neither. Especially since my 2015 bike is the UK class record holder for the standing mile and one of the first, if not THE first, in the world over 200mph. I have all the certificates and photographs etc to back that up along with magazine articles and calendars featuring my bike; that's provenance and makes it a bit special to me. Also I'm not convinced about the slipper assist clutch for high power, high speed performance like doing standing miles. The killer of course is the green frame.
SilverbirdH2 likes this.

Go Fast Or Go Home
post #5 of 14 Old 02-26-2020, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Also I'm not convinced about the slipper assist clutch for high power, high speed performance like doing standing miles.
Whats not convincing lol? The fact that the first 7 second pass on an h2 was the 2016 and up clutch, because the 2015 model could only get 3-5 passes before starting to fail? The fastest h2's on the planet in the half mile and standing mile use the 2016 and up clutch. I made probably a 100 passes going as fast as 8.3 in the 1/4 mile on a bone stock clutch and never had an issue with slippage, put in some heavy duty springs and another 300-400 passes later never had a problem, even with hot lapping.

The new gixxer uses the same 3 spring clutch design. Chris Moore is out there banging off 1.25 60 foot passes running 5.20's in the 1/8 on a bone stock clutch and hasnt had a single hiccup. Pretty darn impressive

2016 Ninja H2 - Worlds Quickest and Fastest. 1/4 - 7.901 at 181mph - 233.6mph in 1 mile. CMP Built Motor, Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, R&G Undertail
post #6 of 14 Old 02-26-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster View Post
Does anybody know if the 2019 instrument gauges on the h2 is compatible with the 2016 model? I would love to install that lcd screen on my 2016
I don't think it will because they have included some different sensors like lean angle etc. You could always look up the service manual and see some closer images of the display out of the bike, and the wiring diagrams.

2016 Ninja H2 - Worlds Quickest and Fastest. 1/4 - 7.901 at 181mph - 233.6mph in 1 mile. CMP Built Motor, Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, R&G Undertail
post #7 of 14 Old 02-26-2020, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Well thats too bad. I have a 2016 and the fact that its the only year with the grey frame makes its special. Hopefully in the future they can come out with an aftermarket display like the zx10s.
post #8 of 14 Old 02-26-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster View Post
Well thats too bad. I have a 2016 and the fact that its the only year with the grey frame makes its special. Hopefully in the future they can come out with an aftermarket display like the zx10s.
100% I love the options for the zx10r. You can spend the big bucks and get yourself a Motec lol

post #9 of 14 Old 02-27-2020, 07:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted10R View Post
Whats not convincing lol? The fact that the first 7 second pass on an h2 was the 2016 and up clutch, because the 2015 model could only get 3-5 passes before starting to fail? The fastest h2's on the planet in the half mile and standing mile use the 2016 and up clutch. I made probably a 100 passes going as fast as 8.3 in the 1/4 mile on a bone stock clutch and never had an issue with slippage, put in some heavy duty springs and another 300-400 passes later never had a problem, even with hot lapping.

The new gixxer uses the same 3 spring clutch design. Chris Moore is out there banging off 1.25 60 foot passes running 5.20's in the 1/8 on a bone stock clutch and hasnt had a single hiccup. Pretty darn impressive
Any reason you fitted the heavier springs then if the standard ones were ok? There was a post earlier on this forum from an owner who'd fitted the later clutch to get a lighter action and found it wasn't gripping so he fitted a heavier spring set. Not sure who that was now but my conclusion was that a lot of money had been spent but it was almost back where it started.

My 2015 bike is bone stock, it has to be as I run LSR in the P-PB-1000 (Production Supercharged 1000cc) class. Any go-faster mods and I would be moved into the Modified class. Best speed so far is 221.4mph in a mile which is the UK class record and I think that's a good speed for an unmodified bike. So far it's done five seasons and 100's of passes through the mile. The clutch has never given any trouble. I don't find the action too heavy, maybe lifting weights has something to do with that.
SilverbirdH2 likes this.

Go Fast Or Go Home
post #10 of 14 Old 02-27-2020, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Gotta agree...I've never had an issue with clutch pull.My 14r is lighter clutchwise.But I'm used to the H2.I never thought it was too firm.I mainly use the QS anyway while shifting up from second.No prob.Sometimes I'll hit N at lights.But mostly just hold the lever in...

h2madness!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page