Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum (https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/)
-   Ninja H2 General Discussion (https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-h2-general-discussion/)
-   -   2019 h2 (https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-h2-general-discussion/26105-2019-h2.html)

zxrob 07-11-2019 06:29 AM

2019 h2
 
Well according to MCN (Motorcycle news UK) or as most of us call it, more crap news, the 2019 H2 is only making 206 bhp @11500 revs

True or false;)

Rob

Ryan Hilfiker 07-11-2019 08:27 AM

We have CNN here in the states for a joke. Leftist liberal bull **** on a daily basis all for more goverment control. 2019 media outlets are as fake as it gets

Lamf1969 07-11-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zxrob (Post 347775)
Well according to MCN (Motorcycle news UK) or as most of us call it, more crap news, the 2019 H2 is only making 206 bhp @11500 revs



True or false;)



Rob



Tell you next Thursday[emoji6] certainly not faster than my 16 but the throttle and power delivery is massively improved.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

andreas_nor 07-11-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zxrob (Post 347775)
Well according to MCN (Motorcycle news UK) or as most of us call it, more crap news, the 2019 H2 is only making 206 bhp @11500 revs

True or false;)

Rob


My guess is they did nothing with the 2019 but stopped understating the power.
The 209hp claimed from 2017 is around what it makes on the rear wheel stock. The 230hp claimed on the 2019 seems to be closer to its engine hp.

andreas_nor 07-11-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamf1969 (Post 347781)
The throttle and power delivery is massively improved.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


I want that!
I wonder if it's possible to get similar results by taking the 2019 parameters and insert into the 2017 table.

zxrob 07-11-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamf1969 (Post 347781)
Tell you next Thursday[emoji6] certainly not faster than my 16 but the throttle and power delivery is massively improved.


You spending your cash again Rich:)

Rob

zxrob 07-11-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreas_nor (Post 347783)
My guess is they did nothing with the 2019 but stopped understating the power.
The 209hp claimed from 2017 is around what it makes on the rear wheel stock. The 230hp claimed on the 2019 seems to be closer to its engine hp.


Without reading to much into it, if, claimed revs where 11500, then it is still restricted and quoted "sales" performance figures are probably at the crank


With the new BMW (apparently) hitting 200+ at the wheel on a normally aspirated bike, you would have thought Kwak would have gone fook it, have some of this ????


Rob

Lamf1969 07-11-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreas_nor (Post 347785)
I want that!
I wonder if it's possible to get similar results by taking the 2019 parameters and insert into the 2017 table.



Iím not clever enough to answer that question!
All I know is itís a different ECU to the 2016 and has different spark plugs, airbox & air filter. Unsure how much of that adds/contributes to the throttle feel or if itís the fuel/throttle maps but I was genuinely surprised.
Itís still not perfect but much improved although I believe the 2017ís & 2018ís were also better than my 16


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lamf1969 07-11-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zxrob (Post 347787)
You spending your cash again Rich:)



Rob



Iím going down to BSD with a mate whoís having is ZX10RR flashed, Iíve got a session on the dyno booked to take a look. They can extract the ECU and flash with Woolich now itís available for the 2019 in around 3 hours so I might get the restrictions taken off but not chasing power again Rob, Iím concerned Iíll ruin the good work Kawasaki have done!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lamf1969 07-11-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zxrob (Post 347789)
Without reading to much into it, if, claimed revs where 11500, then it is still restricted and quoted "sales" performance figures are probably at the crank





With the new BMW (apparently) hitting 200+ at the wheel on a normally aspirated bike, you would have thought Kwak would have gone fook it, have some of this ????





Rob



I agree Rob, i think theyíre all doing under 210 out of the box, itís certainly improved & seems to have more drive at the lower end but no more up top.
They could have pulled the pin and let it loose but itís still heavily restricted, probably in part because of Euro 4/5 emissions.
I think it makes the power much earlier than the BMW, more grunt but the naturally aspirated bikes are catching up fast.
For me the throttle, power delivery and TFT display are the biggest bonus to date.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.