Ninja H2 banner

Vandemon exhaust broke apart

28K views 67 replies 12 participants last post by  Thatboostedninja 
#1 ·
So my bike is being tuned professionally by motorcycle mall in NJ and the USA representative for woolich, so it’s not someone just abusing the bike.

And the packing inside the my brushed full titanium vandemon exhaust just catches fire and starts to eject debris.

Is this a common Occurrence or is it a faulty part.

Here are is the video and then some pictures attached:

https://youtu.be/FNhcvWIWbEE

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I would think this would be something you would discuss with Vandemon directly first. The H2R factory exhaust does that all the time as well. I don't think ive seen a single H2R or Vandemon replica not do that.

#3 ·
On a side note, bike looks great. Really love that new display

#7 ·
Thanks appreciate it, yea the new display doesn’t look as sexy as the older one, but one of the most functional displays I’ve ever seen.
I Especially the use the gallon consumption measuring tool. Let’s me know pretty accurately when my gas is gonna be up. This bike drinks like a drunk.
If u make sure you ride the bike on eco setting you can go over 100miles no problem on a tank of gas

I did 69 miles to Empty hard riding
And 70 miles and only was at half tank soft eco mode

#4 ·
H2 has destroyed the primary baffle in an Austin Racing Titanium muffler. Been so hot the metal just got soft and a few back fires later it rattled around in the chamber. I have managed to straighten it and wound boiler door rope around the baffle to hold it in place and shut it up a little. High priced equipment means nothing to the H2, so much heat kills some after market systems.

#8 ·
Facts the exhaust looks extremely well built no corners were cut.
It still chewed it up lmao

The stock exhaust is so much thicker and it’s probably for this reason.

Let me tell you though this vandemon is the loudest bike I’ve ever heard in my life and even at the dealership too said the same thing.

Turbo329 broke a window while dynoing his bike.
While dynoing my bike the seals on 5 gallon metal containers started leaking fluids cuz of the vibrations smh lmao

#5 ·
id be getting my fuckin money back, thats not normal, obviously a failure of honeycomb and packing. Almost looks like it was not ready for a hard run right of bat out the box, if theres a breakin period that should have been stated. My brocks slashcut get bright cherry at the inside i mean liquid metal orange and spits nothing but an occasional spark or two or a flame pop in shifting.

#9 ·
So my bike is being tuned professionally by motorcycle mall in NJ and the USA representative for woolich, so it’s not someone just abusing the bike.

And the packing inside the my brushed full titanium vandemon exhaust just catches fire and starts to eject debris.

Is this a common Occurrence or is it a faulty part.

Here are is the video and then some pictures attached:

https://youtu.be/FNhcvWIWbEE
id be getting my fuckin money back, thats not normal, obviously a failure of honeycomb and packing. Almost looks like it was not ready for a hard run right of bat out the box, if theres a breakin period that should have been stated. My brocks slashcut get bright cherry at the inside i mean liquid metal orange and spits nothing but an occasional spark or two or a flame pop in shifting.
So your saying Brock’s is better suited for the task at hand?

#11 ·

#25 ·
you have an h2 with a couple tiny mods, flash, exhaust... this IS NOT NORMAL. All these vids are 300 hp h2rs and fully built. A basic h2 on a flash dyno running at 230 240 hp 250 comon now. Brocks slashcut is a much better product in my opinion. And i can say its probley louder. Mine is defining on the highway at 8k rpm 3rd gear. Get your money back, by no means should any exhaust be throwing burning chunks of **** for 30 seconds then stay on fire as it burns its insides apart lmfao!

#12 ·
I could keep posting more lol. They all seem to shoot crap out

#13 · (Edited)
Not too sure they expect a user to run his engine that way to cause orange pipes...I mean,that's pushin' it.Maybe at the track or drags.Definitely not a regular riding scenario.It actually looks like a normal new exhaust might do_Once that stuff burns out.IDK if it's 'normal' or not though.Spitting small flakes and such is normal.The flames look a bit extreme though...

#17 ·
It’s at the end that it starts to cook the packing and chunks starts sparking out. Look at the picture there’s a hole
In the packing.
Don’t care too much of the integrity of the packing I’m concerned about the pipe itself.
But even so don’t know if it’s normal to melt the packing ?

#14 ·
Red is ok but orange is near the change in structure of the metal where it will release and take up molecular compounds. So, if you get it to go orange/ white then your past the structural integrity of the metal. The only other way is to ceramic coat the area that has the problem which is cost prohibitive.

#20 ·
During my test ride after installing, my exhaust did something similar but not to that level. I have the same woolich and exhaust set up as you. Only did this for the first few miles and then stopped. I was told that this is fairly normal.

Did the bike get test rode outside or did u guys to straight into running on Dyno? The pipes obviously got way hotter on the Dyno than mine in the street. Maybe this exacerbated the situation a bit.

208 on the stock run is great. About what I had guessed. What did you get after everything? Did u do an air.filter as well?

#22 ·
So then we talking to same people in USA then when it comes to woolich and he himself has a vandemon.

Yea I did a sprint f-85 filter
So far 239 at 11k or 12k rpm
But there’s an issue where I’m losing power and it can make more.
The graph takes a dive after 12k so there more left.
The kinks are still being figured out by woolich for the 19.

#21 ·
Every video I've seen online over the years of H2's being Dyno'd with Vandemons have showed the pipes getting cherry red. I can imagine that this happening for a prolong period of time would be bad. Have you noticed any deformation in the pipes?

If there is an issue, I cant see Vandemon stiffing you. The most pain in the ass part would be your time (if u did the work yourself) and/or cost to uninstall and reinstall a new one.

#31 ·
SEARCH IN THE CURRENT
AND SHOW ME
Load Previous
STRADALE
Join: May 2015
Mentions: 10
Long Island N.Y.

May 17, 2016 · #41
LansfordKawasaki said:
Original Post
I hope someday you get the opportunity to ride an H2R so you can see just how incorrect that statement is. Its also not a nice thing to say to the wonderful engineers at Kawasaki who worked so hard over the years making the H2 and H2R so very special. If you think they've wasted their time you should let them know. Customer feedback is important.

What did H2IK say that was "not a nice thing to say"? Or "incorrect"?

H2IK "WILL enjoy my 300hp H2 on the road every day and I will also enjoy the $20,000 I saved while having the same performance."

I don't see anything wrong w/ that, A LOT of us agree & it's just a personal opinion based on the individual. Fact is it's not something you can enjoy as much or all the time, the H2R, is not street legal. If I owned one I'd be lucky to use it 4 times a year.... Flashed the Stage II H2 will make the same or more power as a stock H2R, it's just as quick if not faster and $20,000 less. I don't think he was insulting anyone.
STRADALE
Join: May 2015
Mentions: 10
Long Island N.Y.

May 17, 2016 · #42
KawieH2R said:
Original Post
Let us know when you reach that 300hp figure.

Let us know when you do
Brock
Join: Apr 2015
Mentions: 29
Dayton,OH

May 17, 2016 · #43
I love how people get all caught up in the d*ck-swinging contests that dyno numbers can start.

The bike we brought to Mojave would barely bust 250 RWHP (SAE scale) on the Sport Rider dyno before we loaded it up. What did we do? Pout...cry... start chewing our nails? Nah, we went out and blew more records out of the water. We had no doubt that Kawasaki engineers did their job with the bike, and that our parts/tune-up from the Ohio mile would work just as well in the desert. It's a stock bike - just bolt-on and go, it will do the rest as long as we have a good rider. Kent is one of the best, so it's all good.

Our 226.9 MPH time ticket trumps what the dyno says is 'fast' any day of the week.

At the end of the day, it's all about the FUN these machines bring to our world - that's why we own them... don't stress over the absolutes

Brock
Boosted10R
Join: Aug 2015
Mentions: 8

May 17, 2016 · #44
LansfordKawasaki said:
Original Post

The H2R makes north of 320 horsepower. Fast Bikes corrected their numbers and were the ones who discovered the dyno requirements to get the correct numbers. Kevin Duke at motorcycle.com was using Ricky's ECU for their dyno pulls so its no wonder why their figures were low. Each H2R is dyno'd at the factory to make sure they're up to par. We have unit #36 which was the first H2R in the US. It made 326 horsepower on the dyno and it was even running a bit rich.

Rest assured KawiH2R, your bike is making 320+. If you did not get the dyno sheet, look at the MCO. They put the power output on it as a requirement in both HP and PS. If it makes less than that on a dyno where you are either check your fuel or find another dyno.

#33 ·
I’m not looking to push that much hp.. no desire to.
Already have a 300+ busa and it’s so uncontrollable it’s hard to ride because of how conscious you have to be about opening up the
Throttle.

That aside
Dude with 300hp on h2 don’t run H2r exhaust...

And dudes who run 240ish hp don’t run H2r exhaust.

So looking to see what the input by those with 240+rwhp, on the hole in the packing.

Will it just be a one time thing?
Will it eventually just spit the rest out?
Is it a break in problem?

#36 ·
the brocks full system with a slash cut or a different one is most peoples go too i think, mines just got the stage 2 package from brock and the exhaust sounds extremely refined, loud, sharp and tuned. Decel popping and fluttering, "nothing flying out of the pipe in pieces on fire". And its half the price of vandemon or at least much better.

#38 ·
There are a couple of people on the forum
That would differ with you on that since they own the proof an h2 can do those numbers.

This has been said in another post already with graphs and everything
But
the H2r cams give less hp mid range then the reg h2 cams but give more hp on the top end.
So if the h2 has 150hp in mid range the H2r has about 140hp.
But when the h2 climbs to 14k rpm it will stop at around 240-60 while the H2r could make more because the cams allow for a greater opening of the valves.

#43 ·
Heres another

and another

#44 · (Edited)
"Some of the people in this chat have pushed their h2 past 300hp"..where is this?Here?Example?

Boosted says."There is no H2R on the freaking planet that has come anywhere close to the H2"...you mean the other way around doncha?If the H2 is killin the H2R...then why sell the H2 for half the price.Maybe I misread your post?When you say 'the H2'...are you talking about yours?Cause the stock H2R pulls down over 300 hp.No idea where someone got 240 rwhp for the factory H2R...I mean...does that statement actually make sense?There's no H2's killin H2R's.Show me one...

#46 ·
No stock or flashed H2R has trapped higher mph in the 1/4 mile than me, no stock or flashed H2R has trapped higher mph in the half than me, no stock or flashed H2R has trapped higher in a mile than me, and no stock or flashed H2R has made more power than me! So what more do you want lol.

181mph in the 1/4

210mph in a half mile

233.6mph in a mile

336whp! Bike made near 240whp flashed, 267whp with stage 2 gears, and now 336 with bigger cams than the H2R.

#45 ·
H2 Madness - ME lol

#49 ·
H2R is tuned for the track, normally there is one reasonable straight where it will reach reasonable high speed but generally it's scrapping pegs. At high speed those two intakes are overkill but help it make power at lower speeds. At the drags here the H2R never seems to do as well as you would think it should. Same with the wings, suck power at high speed but great for the track. Better have wings over the rear wheel to aid grip?

I used to look at the H2R with more respect than it deserved. It's just another tool to do a different job. Most videos out of Japan showing speed capabilities use modified H2's, not H2R's.

The great thing about the H2 series of bikes is that you can mold the performance to suit your needs.

#51 ·
Did Vandemon reply back yet?

#54 ·
Good stuff man

#55 · (Edited)
Good to read that Vandemon have replaced the muffler. I expect they are keen to see the damage for themselves.

I was giving this some thought and wondered if it was caused by a combination of heat and popping on the overrun. We've all seen that the H2's decel-pop with considerable force and there might be enough energy when this happens in a muffler which is already glowing cherry red and weakened to blow a hole. The heat on it's own shouldn't be enough unless the material was sub-standard.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.