3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 05-07-2019, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fixing my touchy throttle

First let me say I know this bike has a touchy throttle and its part of the beast. My mt 10 has a touchy throttle. This is borderline unrideable at anything under 100. I have had the bike for almost 6 months now and I cant get used to it. Its a 16 with a brocks stage 2 package and guhl tune. Around town doing 5-10 mph corners i have to ride the clutch for fear of the back end getting too much an swinging out. I have little confidence in back road carving at lower speeds because of it. My s1000rr I have TONS of confidence on and I have only had it a month. I called brocks and the guy on the phone said he would look into it and call me back. My first thought on helping is going to be a sprocket change to a 42 in back. Its really just the on/off portion of the throttle that I dont like. Would a throttle tamer help? Should I seek someone else to flash it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-07-2019, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Im taking mine to ryan shnitz at the indiana ohio border. Going to get the best tune possible with all the goodies available. "2015 h2 stage 2 brocks kit w slashcut. Easy to book appointment online, just roll in, watch him work, roll out.
post #3 of 13 Old 05-08-2019, 03:12 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
The H2 does not have a touchy throttle but when you expect the same response as a normal sports bike it is UN-nerving. Just about every other Super bike throttle including my other one now seems lazy. Map it to what you want but it takes away that exciting edge.

post #4 of 13 Old 05-08-2019, 06:13 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Garage
My 2015 has always been like this, more so after I had the ECU flashed. My bike still has the Lambda sensor which keeps the mixture weak in the closed loop area of revs. It happens just below 3,000 rpm and if you get stuck there it hunts. Higher gearing does help, I use 19/42. I'm used to it by now and just avoid riding at those rpm but unlike Chipmonk I'm not jumping between bikes very often which must make it more obvious.

Go Fast Or Go Home
post #5 of 13 Old 05-08-2019, 06:17 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Ted has done some work in this area, so look for his posts on the topic.

I have a 42T rear sprocket, and have put a different throttle tube on the handlebar - the stock gives around 1/6 turn only to full throttle, the one I have gives around 1/4 turn (so a little more turning to full throttle). Plus I have had the ecu Woolich tuned with onroad datalogging to try and give a better throttle response. All this has helped somewhat.

But, as Rick150 writes, these bikes seem to be more sensitive to throttle input anyway. I have just got used to its way of working.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-08-2019, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the ideas guys. I may take it to ryan and see if he can do anything for it since hes within an hour of me. Im about to order the 42 from brocks too.
post #7 of 13 Old 05-10-2019, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If you don't like on/off of your throttle, you can ask to Brocks if he flashs your ECU with these throttle by wire maps:

Rain mode Gear 1, 2 and 3:

https://imgur.com/a/gjqZ1Vw

Rain mode Gear 4:

https://imgur.com/a/IqhFdO9

Rain mode Gear 5:

https://imgur.com/a/hhWNRzT

Rain mode Gear 6:

https://imgur.com/a/iv7kmXz

Full power mode Gear 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6:

https://imgur.com/a/rebCGub

I'm using these maps on my H2 2015 stock.
Chipmonk likes this.

Last edited by felix74; 05-10-2019 at 10:27 AM.
post #8 of 13 Old 05-10-2019, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Got mine tuned at Paul Curran racing and throttle is perfectly controlled, I also have an s1000rr that I’m selling because it’s a tad boring
Chipmonk likes this.
post #9 of 13 Old 05-11-2019, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax+h2 View Post
Got mine tuned at Paul Curran racing and throttle is perfectly controlled, I also have an s1000rr that Iím selling because itís a tad boring

Really? You dont like the s1k? I love both bikes but I like the bmw more for some backroad corners. It feels so much lighter. I like the h2 more for highway stuff since it has so much raw power.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-13-2019, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
The first thing I did to deal with the touch throttle was put in a smaller diameter throttle tube, which helped quite a bit. Then I put on a 19 tooth countershaft sprocket and that tamed it a bit more. But the best thing I did was get the Woolich flash setup and de-restricted it and then went to work on the off to on throttle transitions. I smoothed out the transitions progressively up to 1/4 throttle and at that point the throttle plates are doing what your wrist is telling it. I then went back to the stock throttle tube and gearing (It wheelies easier coming out of corners). Now I can ride the thing and the touchy throttle is very manageable. You can't be ham fisted with the throttle but reasonable application is very smooth.
Chipmonk likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page