LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 04-24-2019, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
PitBull Stand Pins for 2019

Hi

I know many of us ordered pitbull stands for the 2019 models only to find that the pins from the previous years do not fit. Pitbull mailed out a new pin but for some reason, it doesn't seem right. It's half the length of the previous model. When inserted from the left, it appears to barely pass the sprocket. I raised it once and it seemed WAY to sketchy. Am I the only one who thinks this is odd?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1556157294174.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	25151   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190424_183739.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	25153  
h2madness! likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 04-24-2019, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
I have a longer one on my pitbull.Came with it I'm pretty sure.Maybe contact em and tell em what's up.They'll send ya a longer pin.Since the fitment is the same.You did order this stand for the H2,right?I mean,specifically.Don't know if that would make a difference...?
post #3 of 44 Old 04-25-2019, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I did order specifically for the H2 but I ordered the 2018 since at the time was the most up to date version available. When I told them the pin Didnt fit, they offered to send me the correct size pin once they were fabricated. The new pin they sent just doesn't seem right. I'll call them tomorrow. Maybe there was a error. I was curious to see if anyone else has gotten the same pin.

post #4 of 44 Old 04-25-2019, 03:31 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hi, I have a Kawasaki rear paddock stand, which I had for my 2017 H2. I had a local machine shop turn down the pin down to fit the new smaller internal dimension of the rear axle on my 2019. Paid £10 cash for the work.

Had to leave a short section (2mm) of the original pin to sit against the bearing on the paddock stand. Worked out to be the perfect length, as there is know what looks like a split pin at the end of the axle and the turned down pin falls short of this by a couple of mms.
I'm guessing that the new H2 shares the same spindle as the H2SX
post #5 of 44 Old 04-25-2019, 04:17 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadjetUK View Post
Hi, I have a Kawasaki rear paddock stand, which I had for my 2017 H2. I had a local machine shop turn down the pin down to fit the new smaller internal dimension of the rear axle on my 2019. Paid £10 cash for the work.

Had to leave a short section (2mm) of the original pin to sit against the bearing on the paddock stand. Worked out to be the perfect length, as there is know what looks like a split pin at the end of the axle and the turned down pin falls short of this by a couple of mms.
I'm guessing that the new H2 shares the same spindle as the H2SX

I did the same thing, had the 2016 spindle/pin machined down, my dealer got it done FOC.
The Kawasaki front & rear stands are outstanding, I assume there will be a new figment for 2019 H2 & SX available shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #6 of 44 Old 04-25-2019, 03:18 PM

"The new pin they sent just doesn't seem right"...maybe.I think for bike security it needs probably to be longer.Mine is anyway.I remember them saying something about fabbing the 'new' pins.I don't remember if I got one or not.I think this one I have came with it at the time.Pretty sure.They may have gotten the pins mixed up with yours,IDK.Course,the shorter one should actually work fine as long as the bike isn't leaning at all on the stand.My first stand(moto something)had a slight angle to it downward.Not a lot,but enough to cause the bike to start sliding off when I oiled my chain and such.No way was I gonna use that.My pitbull is most excellent!
post #7 of 44 Old 04-25-2019, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2madness! View Post
"The new pin they sent just doesn't seem right"...maybe.I think for bike security it needs probably to be longer.Mine is anyway.I remember them saying something about fabbing the 'new' pins.I don't remember if I got one or not.I think this one I have came with it at the time.Pretty sure.They may have gotten the pins mixed up with yours,IDK.Course,the shorter one should actually work fine as long as the bike isn't leaning at all on the stand.My first stand(moto something)had a slight angle to it downward.Not a lot,but enough to cause the bike to start sliding off when I oiled my chain and such.No way was I gonna use that.My pitbull is most excellent!
I was able to contact pitbull today. The brief answer that I received (and understood) by Michelle was that the older pin was longer because the diameter of the axel on the older models was not the same all the way through. It had to be longer to give it more support. But this is not the case with the newer model because the axle diameter is uniform all the way through. I took a photo and marked it to apx where the 3" stops. It hasn't even entered the wheel yet. It does not feel sturdy at all. I hope that I am wrong and just over worrying about this. Someone else is supposed to be contacting me to either give me a better explanation or maybe take some suggestions... I dunno. I am happy that they are willing to follow-up and not giving customers the cold shoulder. Excellent service.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190425_125936.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	25155  
post #8 of 44 Old 04-25-2019, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2madness! View Post
How long is the pin they sent you? Mine has an HX stamped on top. Not sure if that means anything.
post #9 of 44 Old 04-25-2019, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksix View Post
I was able to contact pitbull today. The brief answer that I received (and understood) by Michelle was that the older pin was longer because the diameter of the axel on the older models was not the same all the way through. It had to be longer to give it more support. But this is not the case with the newer model because the axle diameter is uniform all the way through. I took a photo and marked it to apx where the 3" stops. It hasn't even entered the wheel yet. It does not feel sturdy at all. I hope that I am wrong and just over worrying about this. Someone else is supposed to be contacting me to either give me a better explanation or maybe take some suggestions... I dunno. I am happy that they are willing to follow-up and not giving customers the cold shoulder. Excellent service.

It only goes to where you marked it on the picture? That’s terrible, no way would I accept that.
The Kawasaki version we can buy in UK/Europe goes right through and sits flush with the far side of the wheel where the axle ends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
h2madness! likes this.
post #10 of 44 Old 04-25-2019, 08:03 PM

Well shiite!Tell em ta send ya the older pin.Mine works GREAT!It's plenty enough to hold the rear up safely."axel diameter on the older models not the same all the way through".Okay...just went out and slid the stand into the other side.It IS a slightly bit more open.But yer not puttin it IN that side.Not that it would matter I don't think?Maybe with the pipe on there,yeah.The main force is at the pin stop.That area and farther in fit fine.I use mine with the handle to the rear.Inserted into the chain side.

This is the one that came with it...11 3/4 total length.2 3/4 of that taken up by the pin housing.When my bike is up on the stand,I CAN wiggle it gently from side to side...Now I see why.BUT...that is a ZERO problem cause I'm not moving bike from side to side or anything.It's not like it's gonna fall over.The surface is on the inside top surface of the axle.So it's sitting correctly.I'm VERY careful when working with it on the stand ANYWAY.It aint gonna fall,'less I push it over.I do watch it when I spin the wheel however to lube and clean the sprocket and chain.It has been known to creep slightly.But it aint gonna slide off there or anything.They ned to send you the original pin for that stand.Regardless of 'why' they say they shouldn't.You're the customer.You already paid for it.I wouldn't accept that short one either.

Last edited by h2madness!; 04-25-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page