PitBull Stand Pins for 2019 - Page 3 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 44 Old 04-29-2019, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
"Just not as stable as I expected"..lol.Well,I didn't know what to expect.So when I raised mine,and it wobbled just a bit,I just went slow and saw what it was doing.After that,I got the hang of it...no problem.The bike is in the center of the wheels,so it's not going anywhere.Unless I get dumb and push it over.

"The pin is much longer but its to thick to slide through the axel. I also believe it may be too long as well"..this is interesting.Should be 11 and something inches long.Mine is anyway.Slides in fairly 'snug'.Maybe a 1/16 of an inch smaller than the axle diameter hole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 Old 05-01-2019, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
"length would provide little benefit"
That's not what she said! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2madness! View Post
"length would provide little benefit"...lol.Tell ya this...if somehow the bike started slidin off that short pin.And fell.I'd be REALLY upset!I turn the wheel when lubing and such.No way would I trust that shorter one...jus sayin.

@Ryan..I have the same one.It's not tilted to the right at all with the bike up on it.It will if I push it firmly go back and forth.I just don't push on it!lol.The wheels aren't coming off the ground,so no problem.I musta got a gooden.Works great and is very sturdy.
H2015 likes this.
post #23 of 44 Old 05-02-2019, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
🤣 That's the standard argument. Lmao!

post #24 of 44 Old 05-02-2019, 02:13 PM

It's not how long,it's how ya use it!Jus sayin...And Ksix..how's the pin deal goin?They gonna send ya the older style?

I'm thinkin they reversed the handle cause guys were concerned about lifting it and lowering.I just grab the rear seat cushion,and gently lift and lower.Never a problem.It aint gonna fall over if yer payin attention.Maybe that shorter pin is okay?IDK.Long as the bike's totally vertical,I don't really see any problem.Just don't go turnin the rear wheel without watchin close.Once the bike is vertical,it stays that way during the lift and such.Haven't had mine do any wobbling yet.When I lower it,I DO pull backwards some as it's moving down.So the kickstand doesn't fold up.

Last edited by h2madness!; 05-02-2019 at 02:20 PM.
post #25 of 44 Old 05-03-2019, 02:31 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hi all,
Reading these comments, I'm struggling to work out why you wouldn't just buy the Kawasaki stand made for the Bike, assuming they make one to fit now. (having modified my old one, haven't had to find out). Even if the stand isn't available for the 2019 yet, the modification to make the previous version fit is easy.The Kawasaki stand's pin is long enough to go the full length of the spindle. I just wouldn't want to take the chance of my very expensive H2 falling off. The bike does creep along the pin ever so slightly when working/cleaning it, so the added insurance of having the correct length pin must be worth it.
h2madness! likes this.
post #26 of 44 Old 05-03-2019, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadjetUK View Post
Hi all,
Reading these comments, I'm struggling to work out why you wouldn't just buy the Kawasaki stand made for the Bike, assuming they make one to fit now. (having modified my old one, haven't had to find out). Even if the stand isn't available for the 2019 yet, the modification to make the previous version fit is easy.The Kawasaki stand's pin is long enough to go the full length of the spindle. I just wouldn't want to take the chance of my very expensive H2 falling off. The bike does creep along the pin ever so slightly when working/cleaning it, so the added insurance of having the correct length pin must be worth it.

Completely agree with you however if I remember correctly the Kawasaki stand we can get in the UK & Europe is not available in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #27 of 44 Old 05-03-2019, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I think that's correct, or at least I haven't seen one on the Kawa site.
post #28 of 44 Old 05-03-2019, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I've been looking on the Kawasaki site as well and unless im missing something, I dont see one for a 2019. George at Pitbull did say if I has any issues we could work something out. So far it's not bad... lifting isnt difficult. I tried with handle facing forward and to the rear. I like forward better. Once the pin Seats in place and the stand wheels are on the ground, it lifts easily. I'm becoming more ok with the idea of the shorter pin. Cleaned chain and wheels over the weekend and let it sit on front and rear stand overnight. Not bad. It didnt fall. Call that a win. Lol Bike wiggles on the stand but it's only being held by one side vs two sides on a standard swingarm. I never slid from the pins original seat position. This weekend I'll try moving bike on the stands to see how it feels.
post #29 of 44 Old 05-03-2019, 10:04 PM

You tried having the handle front and rear?If I do that,the handle nails the exhaust and all that.Plus it's looser than crazy.Rear configuration's how I do it.How'd you manage a lift with the handle forward?I mean,putting the pin in the right side of the axle.Especially if it's that shorter one?NO WAY would I try that with a short pin.
post #30 of 44 Old 05-03-2019, 10:06 PM

You guys keep mentioning a 2019 stand.Don't some of you have an earlier Kawi stand?They did make em didn't they?For the H2R?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page