ninja h2 2019 really has more power? - Page 4 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 161 Old 03-13-2019, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
My first look at this stuff, From the Air-box and pipe pictures to me they both look more like manufacturing cost reductions then performance mods. the new airbox without a snout as part of the casting would cost less to produce and the pipes less crossovers same thing. The filter area from early on was said to have very little to do with how much air gets into the SC removing it made no difference. This was something Brock found if my memory is right. And spark plugs optimized to get rid of heat. If that sectional view of the H2 vs H2sx head is correct then it looks like less intake runner volume for higher velocity and more lower rpm torque? If that's the case then a redesign of the SC makes sense for fractional % more efficiency or less heat generation? As others have said there has always been a lot of HP available in the ECU. What better way to increase margin then sell a bike that costs less to produce and yet makes more power. $.02
Boosted10R likes this.

Hond Trail 70 - Hond 125xl
2 x Yama RD350's
Yama IT465 - Yam Raptor 700
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 161 Old 03-13-2019, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR-NA View Post
Do you even do any research before you start spouting off?
* Plenum has changed if you'd take five minutes to look at them side by side, you'd see they are different...
Attached photo of them side by side
Attachment 24921

* Air filter, while it is likely the same in size and shape - thus meaning previous year filters will filt, they likely changed the filtration material on the new OEM filter. Kawasaki has even stated that the filter will be new. Change in filter design = change in part number.
"With a new air filter, spark plugs, and intake chamber, power is claimed to be increased. We’ll be sure to have a true figure once we get to roll this model onto the Cycle World dyno. In addition, Kawasaki is claiming there is no mpg penalty for the increase in power."
Source: https://www.cycleworld.com/2019-kawa...nounced#page-2

Spark plugs have changed... again, if you did some research you'd see on the 2018 model they were NGK SIMLAR9B9s while on the 2019 model they are SILMAR9E9s.
SILMAR9B9 info: https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=41486
Cannot find info on SILMAR9E9s

Speedo is vastly different between the 2018 and 2019... So if you're saying they're the same, then it's obvious you haven't done a lick of research.
Attached another photo for you
Attachment 24923

The head has changed as well, despite the internals staying the same. From top to bottom the internals are the same. But the head itself, has a different part number too. I'm hoping that they maybe used the H2 SX head which looks to be a little bit larger:
Attachment 24925
Wishful thinking but hey, why not huh?

Exhaust the same? See the photo I attached previously as well as the side by side photos posted by others. If you'd look you'd plainly see that the header design has changed; instead of 1-2 and 3-4 being combined and also having crossover tubes between all four pipes, those crossovers have been eliminated and the cylinders are now paired differently with what looks to be a better designed collector element for more flow.

This is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg - a lot of things have been remove
I care about the speedo with colors, bluethoot and all those crap if I buy an h2 is not to make travel
the speedo of the h2r did not change it ... for something it is.

Now ... what do I care about the original exhaust? I have a vandemon
What do I care about the original filter? I have a DNA
What do I care about the spark plugs? I have a much better
What do I care about the new paint? I have carbon fiber fairings throughout the bike
What do I care 30hp more? now I have 280 and 270 hp at the wheel and in a couple of weeks more than 300hp at the wheel ...
the changes that they did not interest me and I think that what kawa wants to do is that the h2 looks more like the h2 sx than the h2r
now you understand ?
post #33 of 161 Old 03-13-2019, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Here is another Pic of the pipes on my 17c. Also the head on the SX & H2 have always been different, compression ratio and intake design, so don't compare the SX to the H2, not relevant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017_down_pipe.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	24939  

post #34 of 161 Old 03-13-2019, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
What I believe is that sincerely seeks to reduce costs in the new h2 and that is not so similar to the h2r
kawasaki is selling a motorcycle better if it is true only if you leave it original!
* who leaves an original h2?
post #35 of 161 Old 03-13-2019, 09:26 PM

Somewhere here it says my 17 has self healing paint but only after real life testing have they advertised it for the 19. Small scratches seem to disappear after a few days.
Seems they are using SX parts on the 19, makes sense from cost per unit. More parts in common the more inflation costs can be absorbed. Maybe the 18 is the last of the unique builds as the 19 seems to have drifted into commonality with the SX?
post #36 of 161 Old 03-13-2019, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick150 View Post
Somewhere here it says my 17 has self healing paint but only after real life testing have they advertised it for the 19. Small scratches seem to disappear after a few days.
Seems they are using SX parts on the 19, makes sense from cost per unit. More parts in common the more inflation costs can be absorbed. Maybe the 18 is the last of the unique builds as the 19 seems to have drifted into commonality with the SX?

Exactly that is what I think!
post #37 of 161 Old 03-14-2019, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
You can’t start saying cheap without looking at the cost per part
Some parts are made more efficiently so cost a little less
Other parts are better quality and cost a little more.

The H2 2019 n carbon versión are about $4000 more then pervious years
The price has gone up dramatically.
post #38 of 161 Old 03-14-2019, 03:20 AM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
As far as power is concerned
Stock 19 hands down strongest without even having it. Just by specs and part design alone.

Not stock it waits to be seen what the numbers are.

And obviously those looking for 270-300+ hp numbers they change so much of the bike internally that year doesn’t even matter
post #39 of 161 Old 03-14-2019, 05:37 AM

What they seem to have done is just opened up the ECU a little and made some changes to keep the mpg and it is stated about the fuel consumption. Lets look at the mapping when somebody gets their hands on it.
Other manufacturers will increase their HP and KHI will open the ECU a little more each time until the limit of reliability for the consumer market it reached. They will tweak it so as not to use as much fuel to keep the engine cool. I suspect they have done this to keep the mpg the same in the 19 model with more factory set power. As for the $4k increase in dealer price the factory probable only gets just over $1k of this.
post #40 of 161 Old 03-14-2019, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
ok let's talk about efficiency (which is not power)
because h2 2019 spends less fuel? it's not magic, it's because it uses the plenum of the h2sx which is smaller and receives 20% less air
30hp more declares kawasaki ... that's very easy to get with any flash ecu program
What will happen when in 2019 the future owner changes the exhaust and makes an ecu flash to his h2? for example, it will find an air inlet 20% lower than in previous model

with which other surprises we will not find in the new h2?

https://bikereview.com.au/world-laun...se-first-ride/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page