Ninja H2 banner

first ride impressions

8K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  h2madness! 
#1 ·
I strapped my gopro on to take the first ride on my new to me 2016 h2. Fastest bike I have owned prior to the h2 was my 2016 ktm superduke r. Let me know what you guys think!

#2 ·
I take it you like yer little H2.Hey...congrats.I added a plastic washer fitted to the throttle bar(like a garden hose washer).Snugged up the bar end.It added some friction to it,perfect for eliminating that twichy throttle.A little red loctite on the bar end threads.Let sit.Works excellent.You can find the right amount of friction then set it.Have a blast man...welcome fellow spaceship jockey!

I went to the hardware store and got a teflon washer.Thanks for the vid.Always fun to hear and see new owners and their impressions!;)

#5 ·
"ride up to brocks and see if he can do anything about it."...yeah.I think so.Maybe someone here will chime in and review their Brock's setup?I haven't ridden mine without the washer since about the 3rd day of ownership.So I can't say.Meaning,I have the Powercommander and the guhl flash.I disconnected the PC though cause it seemed too rich.Doing fine with the Guhl flash.But still using the washer.Anytime I want the PC,I just connect the mains.

#6 ·
I will definitely try out the washer mod. Seems like an easy and cheap fix. I live about 15 min away from brocks so I was planning on seeing if he can do anything in the flash with how touchy the throttle is. My understanding is he has a second party Guhl flash them tho.

#16 ·
Ya she really screams at 12k haha. This was my first ever ride on the bike. By the end of the vid i was pulling to around 12-13k. the one pull where i went by my friend in 3rd it started lifting pretty hard at 12k so i shifted to 4th. you cant really tell in the vid but it wanted to start coming up again in 4th.

Thanks for the tips on throttle taming everyone. I think the first thing I will do is stop by brocks and see if he can give me any insight. I would like to do some back road cornering but I don't know if i can keep it tamed enough for tight stuff with how the throttle is now... or maybe i just need to get acclimated to it.

#15 ·
As far as the abrupt throttle, before I flashed it, I used a new throttle tube to mechanically reduce the throttle action. Now that I do my own flashing with the Woolich, I replaced the stock throttle tube and dialed in the off to on throttle and it is very rideable. I had also geared it up to make it more controllable, I am going to go back to stock gearing because now I want the acceleration and I can dial back the abruptness easily. And I gained RPM from the de-restriction and that should give me enough top speed.

#17 ·
My bike is a 2015, one of the first, also running a Brock's flash. Yes the throttle is snappy, it's partly emissions control I believe, almost no fuelling when the throttle is closed. This is why it's a bit like a switch either on or off and the bit around 3,000 rpm is best avoided too.

However I've persevered and I'm now used to it and can ride the bike smoothly. The other week I left my H2 with GT Motorcycles for it's annual service and they said I could use any of their demo' fleet to go home on. The new Kawasaki's weren't available as they were being registered for 1st March but I had the pick of the other makes including all the Ducati's. Since I've ridden most of them before, including the V4, I chose a Scrambler just for the experience of something different. Ok, it's totally different from the H2 and you might think I missed the extra 200 bhp but the thing I noticed most was having to wind the throttle round so far to get any response from the engine.

When I returned the Ducati that afternoon and rode home on my H2 I realised that I actually quite like an ultra-responsive throttle.

#18 ·
I virtually cruise style now everywhere.I have my fun of course.But adding that washer for me was mainly for cruise control.It works great.I can ride quite a few miles without having to use my throttle hand to hold er steady.And it's totally funtional.I do have to physically roll the throttle off to slow up,but it's definitely nothing dangerous.Totally controllable.If God forbid she ever dropped while running,the down sensor would kill the motor anyway.

#20 ·
They set mine at "L" when I bought it. After driving it for 10 miles, I changed it to "M", and maybe after 120 miles I changed it to full power. Being new to the bike I took a somewhat conservative, in my mind, approach. I still have full traction on the bike, don't see a reason to change that right now.

#25 ·
Gotcha. I didn't know if it was like my mt 10 where it makes the throttle less touchy in some modes. I took it out with a few buddies to some backroad twisties. I am impressed with how well the bike handled them. Im more confident on my mt 10 for right now but a lot of that is due to how touchy the throttle is. In tight stuff like 60mph and lower corners I would leave it in 3rd or even 4th so it wasn't so aggressive feeling. I am starting to get accommodated to it tho. I'm loving the bike. Also put the smack down hard on my buddies ducati 1299 from a 60 roll. Gave him the hit and it was still no contest.

#26 ·
good one!I'd try that washer deal...just temporarily till you can see if the twichiness can be flashed or PC'd out some.Some guys just get used to it.I didn't care for trying to 'get used to it'.I mainly did that for cruising...a cheap working solution that's totally reversible and simple.Mine is set so the throttle doesn't snap back.But it is easily turned back with the wrist action.No safety issues or anything.I have to turn with a smidgen more force...but it's virtually impossible to feel it.

SOOO happy to hear ya love yer H2.Great bikes.The best Kawi I've had yet.

#27 ·
Man the start of the video it sounded like your bike was down a cylinder. Listen to your video from 1:37 to 1:43. At around 1:39 you hear it clean itself up and start running properly.

Did you make sure you let it warm up good.

#29 · (Edited)
sounds like fueling.If I'm not mistaken,it sounded at one moment like it backfired and stalled..very quickly.No bash against Brock,but I had his mapping in mine on the pc5.In first gear,if I opened her up abruptly at about 5-7 mph,it actually died,for a split second that is.Seemed kinda dangerous actually.I unhooked the PC5 after that.Runs great on the flash alone.I guess the piping and exhaust might have something to do with it.I don't have a Brock's on mine.And I've heard several H2's on the net with the stage 2 setup...they seem fine.Nice enough to ride right now...but alas...I'm sick.It'll have to wait just a bit longer.Glad you're enjoying you baby.They are sweet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.