Bike form another planet? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 09-12-2018, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
From asking around I don't think so. KHI want you around to buy the next model. It's probably a directive from the marketing unit, not to kill off customers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 09-13-2018, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick150 View Post
The Bosch system will not let it. When I try at any speed the bike just porpoises. Feels kind of strange the way the front wheel lifts a bit then drops and just keeps doing it.
@Rick150 thank you again. Finally confirmation to what I am seeing is not unique to my bike. Now the thing is how do we disable it? I have tried turning off the traction control with mixed results. I need to try it in cooler temps and lower alts.
post #13 of 16 Old 09-13-2018, 06:50 PM

During our winter which has just finished and even a few degrees above freezing my bike won't lift the wheel more than a couple of inches with everything off. You probably need to do a flash to modify the wheel sensors.

post #14 of 16 Old 09-14-2018, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
During our winter which has just finished and even a few degrees above freezing my bike won't lift the wheel more than a couple of inches with everything off. You probably need to do a flash to modify the wheel sensors.
The wheelie control is most likely in the IMU (Gyro). It will wheelie slightly, and can be carried if you do it smoothly, very smoothly. So that rules out the wheel speed differential.

A couple of thoughts:
1. Rotating the IMU forward? It seems that it has a permanent level because it knows the lean angle when you switch it on. So it is not resetting. Which means maybe rotating it forward might allow for a bigger wheelie. And if it could be set to allow say 18-24 inches that would be perfect. Even 12" would be fine.

2. Turning off traction control? I have tried this with mixed results. But conditions were terrible (baking hot), now that it is cooling off I will give it a more controlled try.
post #15 of 16 Old 09-15-2018, 02:38 AM

Went for a ride today, air temp about 65F, did notice a little less power than when I have been riding just above freezing. So what your experiencing is normal.
post #16 of 16 Old 09-15-2018, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Went for a ride today, air temp about 65F, did notice a little less power than when I have been riding just above freezing. So what your experiencing is normal.
Rick, for the most part I have been riding in 80-110F so it is just now starting to cool down. We get very cold in the winter(sometimes -20F) and I usually ride my Concours 14 when it gets below 55F.

So now I can start to get a better idea of how it really should run, I will take it to a lower alt in cool weather and try some different approaches to wheelies and seat of the pants power.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page