2019 h2 - Page 5 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 50 Old 08-18-2018, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Garage
As much as I dislike the current display's contrast, I can't justify getting 2019. If it were brighter I would be fine with it, in direct sunlight I actually like it. As for the rest, I am with @Rick150 . The bluetooth might be okay, but on this bike kinda useless. Self healing paint is a cool idea. As for the brakes, I'm good with these. And it looks like all they did was up the RPM limit and move the restriction to 11,500 instead of 10,000 hence the extra HP. I'm pretty sure a flash will yield more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 Old 08-18-2018, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I think Rick150 has some good points regarding 1st gen / 2015 H2 ownership, as I have.

In my case I will be keeping my bike and not upgrading. I don't tend to look at the gauges apart from speedo, so once I set off that's about it for that. As far as the paintwork goes, I have the Xpel paint protection on all painted surfaces, so not worried about minor scratches, scuffs etc., and I like the mirror finish paintwork unique to the 2015 H2. Finally I have the Woolich derestrict flash, TT3 exhaust, DNA air filter and tuning so it's getting as much (as far as I can tell) performance as any other year H2 short of stage 3 etc. So for me this one is just right!

I really don't want any kind of extra "connectivity" with bluetooth or whatever, I even turn of the KTRC when on the road. So obviously it is everyone's personal choice of what they like in the H2, these things are just amazing in any form they come in!!

Don.

Oh, and I like the green frame (hee hee)....
h2madness! likes this.

Last edited by H2015; 08-18-2018 at 08:37 PM.
post #43 of 50 Old 08-18-2018, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
As much as I dislike the current display's contrast, I can't justify getting 2019. If it were brighter I would be fine with it, in direct sunlight I actually like it. As for the rest, I am with @Rick150 . The bluetooth might be okay, but on this bike kinda useless. Self healing paint is a cool idea. As for the brakes, I'm good with these. And it looks like all they did was up the RPM limit and move the restriction to 11,500 instead of 10,000 hence the extra HP. I'm pretty sure a flash will yield more.

Hi Ted,
If Iíd just got an 18 I wouldnít buy a 19. No chance.
However, up until now the display is utterly shite on them all so I hope I get the bike I always wanted with the upgrade.
Upon delivery mine will be three years old so with strong trade in this works well for me.
TBH I always considered the display very poor quality for the bike value, it really goes against the grain with the perceived quality.
Iím going down on power but in all honesty itís become less relevant to me, the other upgrades outweigh this, paint, brakes, display etc all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #44 of 50 Old 08-18-2018, 09:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamf1969 View Post
Hi Ted,
If Iíd just got an 18 I wouldnít buy a 19. No chance.
However, up until now the display is utterly shite on them all so I hope I get the bike I always wanted with the upgrade.
Upon delivery mine will be three years old so with strong trade in this works well for me.
TBH I always considered the display very poor quality for the bike value, it really goes against the grain with the perceived quality.
Iím going down on power but in all honesty itís become less relevant to me, the other upgrades outweigh this, paint, brakes, display etc all good.

I absolutely think you are doing the right thing. The upgrades are pretty serious in your case. You will love the green frame, wait till you hear the compliments. I'm going to be jealous of you having that display. I have to convince myself the display is good for now, so don't mind me. If mine had the 2019 power, I probably wouldn't flash it..
post #45 of 50 Old 08-18-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I absolutely think you are doing the right thing. The upgrades are pretty serious in your case. You will love the green frame, wait till you hear the compliments. I'm going to be jealous of you having that display. I have to convince myself the display is good for now, so don't mind me. If mine had the 2019 power, I probably wouldn't flash it..

Thanks Ted, from experience (well only 4000 miles!) iíd recommend the flash, really in standard form the bike is still significantly faster than the competitors as itís not just about the BHP but how itís delivered.
Removing the restrictions will genuinely open your eyes.
Youíll destroy tires but youíll be happy!

post #46 of 50 Old 08-18-2018, 10:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamf1969 View Post
Thanks Ted, from experience (well only 4000 miles!) iíd recommend the flash, really in standard form the bike is still significantly faster than the competitors as itís not just about the BHP but how itís delivered.
Removing the restrictions will genuinely open your eyes.
Youíll destroy tires but youíll be happy!

Cool. I have almost 7000 miles on mine. It will be fun with all the new power. I guess I should just get the kit and do it.
post #47 of 50 Old 08-19-2018, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Cool. I have almost 7000 miles on mine. It will be fun with all the new power. I guess I should just get the kit and do it.

Thatís some serious mileage in a short period Ted, fair play

post #48 of 50 Old 08-19-2018, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Below is a link to Revzilla explaining how self healing paint works. Kawasaki will have their own version of self healing paint on the 2019 H2. This is a very soft clear coat layer, when exposed to heat returns to its original surface state. Verses a very hard clear coat finish that resists scratching, but very prone to chipping. Seems to me soft clear coat paint, albeit won't chip, has a high exposure to scratches, takes very little effort. I don't have any paint protection on my 2018 H2 fuel tank, mainly because I love how it looks. The new paint for 2019 may drive a higher need to add paint protection, even though it has self healing capabilities.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...%7C%20Combined
post #49 of 50 Old 08-19-2018, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Also, 650ib has ordered a 2019 H2, based on his last two purchases, 2015 & 2016 H2's, he trailored them directly from the Kawasaki dealer in Ohio, straight to Brock's Performance in Ohio. Once there, Brock will perform a breakin dyno run, then determine RWHP straight from the factory. From there, Brock can determine what changes Kawasaki made to the 2019 ECU, then be able to provide ECU flashes for 2017/2018 H2's which use Bosch electronics.

Check out 650ib video regarding his move from a 2016 H2 to a 2019 H2

post #50 of 50 Old 08-19-2018, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Not sure how many takers he's gonna get with a 'non-saleable' option.Don't think that's gonna work.The upgrades are cool.Is it still gonna be mirror coated black?

Last edited by h2madness!; 08-19-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page