15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 46 Old 01-22-2018, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2madness! View Post
The variable here seems to be the Q16.If those plugs are damaged,they most likely weren't before you added that.

"the Q16 could have needed as much as about 15% more fuel"...so this would create a overly lean condition...yes?Meaning...burnt parts(plug tips).Right?.Adding a freer flowing airfilter,wouldn't this also possibly contribute to an AF ratio that wasn't good?

Course,you say he added 40% more fuel.Could that cause predet?Maybe past the ECU parameters?Knocking wouldn't be good for those plugs?
I've done a lot of work with Q16 and it usually doesn't require 15% more fuel if your map was spot on prior to tuning.

As far as creating an overly lean condition...... if his tuner just dropped oxygenated race fuel in the gas tank and didn't preemptively add 10% more fuel everywhere in the map to establish the baseline, then he should find a new tuner.
h2madness! likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 Old 01-22-2018, 08:27 PM

To add fuel to the fire there's' a Facebook thread going on where the CMP guys encountered a kinked fuel line in a customer's bike.

That will definitely cause the problem described in this thread.
h2madness! likes this.
post #33 of 46 Old 01-22-2018, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawah2 View Post
The dyno curve was braking up badly at high rpm compare to the 93 octane pump gas one that was taken two days earlier, that was perfect all the way to 270 rwhp.

My dyno guy asked me not to post the dyno because things quickly get misinterpreted on the internet and he did not want to get a bad rap for something that was outside of his control!

I don't blame him!
Block out the name of the company on the graph, that's not hard to do
Turbo329 likes this.

2016 Ninja H2 - Worlds Quickest and Fastest. 1/4 - 7.901 at 181mph - 233.6mph in 1 mile. CMP Built Motor, Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, R&G Undertail

Last edited by Boosted10R; 01-22-2018 at 10:59 PM.

post #34 of 46 Old 01-22-2018, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
'Here is your evidence'..looks fried to me,not broken.Can't believe however this is a 'common' issue with a motor designed to run plugs to 30K miles before replacement.I do think that particular motor was flogged fairly good.Something.That's not normal operation doing that.Unless of course,that one plug was somehow faulty.That could happen.
Were you referring to those that are hammering their bikes or something?Or modding em to get H2R HP numbers?I may be not understanding your post then?

Last edited by h2madness!; 01-22-2018 at 09:36 PM.
post #35 of 46 Old 01-22-2018, 09:35 PM

I am again still waiting for you to say why you think the fuel pump is culprit! You post no graph, you have not said what the AFR was. All you said was you tried adding 40% fuel! Does that mean the bike was running lean? If so by how much. This is why people ask for the graph.

You made within 2whp of pump, but did you gain midrange? Again that's why I want to see the graph. Q16 isnt the be all end all fuel for the H2. It makes good mid range, but not much up top. Guys have tested this fuel and shows it plateau in the upper rpm. They have also tested it in mph and noticed no change or a loss.
Turbo329 likes this.

2016 Ninja H2 - Worlds Quickest and Fastest. 1/4 - 7.901 at 181mph - 233.6mph in 1 mile. CMP Built Motor, Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, R&G Undertail
post #36 of 46 Old 01-22-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2madness! View Post
'Here is your evidence'..looks fried to me,not broken.Can't believe however this is a 'common' issue with a motor designed to run plugs to 30K miles before replacement.I do think that particular motor was flogged fairly good.Something.That's not normal operation doing that.Unless of course,that one plug was somehow faulty.That could happen.
Were you referring to those that are hammering their bikes or something?Or modding em to get H2R HP numbers?I may be not understanding your post then?
Its not a common occurrence. The only common occurrence is people melting them from over abuse and running the bike too hot.
h2madness! likes this.

post #37 of 46 Old 01-22-2018, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Okay...that's what I thought.Thanks Boosted.
post #38 of 46 Old 01-22-2018, 09:56 PM

My own personally experiences with a couple different oxygenated fuels was about 5-8% variance from pump gas. About half a point in AFR difference. If you were running 12.0 AFR before the bike should have still been well within the safe limits even with no adjustments. I would also look into injector split adjustments too as mentioned before.

What was the date of the Q16 on the can?
Turbo329 likes this.

post #39 of 46 Old 01-23-2018, 12:43 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
My source isn't important but I can tell you that it's a reputable tuner.

Here is your evidence.

Oh thats been lean alright,not broken, the electrode burnt off dont see that too often without other damage

When you run out of enough fuel with forced induction, there quite happy to burn aluminium or steel
post #40 of 46 Old 01-23-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted10R View Post
My own personally experiences with a couple different oxygenated fuels was about 5-8% variance from pump gas. About half a point in AFR difference. If you were running 12.0 AFR before the bike should have still been well within the safe limits even with no adjustments. I would also look into injector split adjustments too as mentioned before.

What was the date of the Q16 on the can?
My experience with Q16 was 8% fuel addition which netted a gain of 10hp everywhere up to 12k rpm and then it backed down to 4hp gain from 12k to 13.5k redline.
Boosted10R likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page