Rear Sprocket Change - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-06-2018, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Rear Sprocket Change

So I'm just throwing on my 41 sprocket for the first time and I was wondering how you guys support the bike while you do the change.

I've always used the Pit Bull stand from the left side of the bike.
For this exercise I reversed the handle and put it on the right side of the bike, but it feels very unstable, I don't trust it so I have tiedown straps supporting the handle bars as security.

Curious how you guys are doing the sprocket change.
I suppose in a pinch you could just do it with the bike leaned over on the side stand, but I prefer the bike to be upright so I can better work with the chain.

2016 Ninja H2 –Akropovic Exhaust .. Stage III gears .. Extreme Creations intercooler .. H2R Fuel Pump .. DynoJet PCV .. DNA race filter .. FlashTune .. DynoTuned .. BST wheels .. Yosh fender eliminator.. Brembo full-floating disc rotors .. Brembo RC19 master cylinder .. SBS Racing brake pads .. Lightech gas cap ... ABS delete + custom brake lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-06-2018, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I just use a harbor freight front wheel stand. I never even strap the front, then again I work on cars, bikes and trucks all the time so I'm used to sketchy. *shrugs shoulders*

If I ever need to lift up the rear of the bike I just grab a long piece of seat belt and tie it to the frame on each side of the bike, right above the footpegs. Then I hook the seat belt to an engine hoist and lift it up. Works like a charm.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-06-2018, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverScared View Post
I just use a harbor freight front wheel stand. .
yeah I actually thought of that when I was doing this sprocket change, wished I had my old Baxley front wheel chock, that would have been perfect. I'll probably pick one up for this.

2016 Ninja H2 –Akropovic Exhaust .. Stage III gears .. Extreme Creations intercooler .. H2R Fuel Pump .. DynoJet PCV .. DNA race filter .. FlashTune .. DynoTuned .. BST wheels .. Yosh fender eliminator.. Brembo full-floating disc rotors .. Brembo RC19 master cylinder .. SBS Racing brake pads .. Lightech gas cap ... ABS delete + custom brake lines

post #4 of 4 Old 01-06-2018, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
I bought a long handled 'angled' socket wrench,kinda shaped like an 's'.Used a shallow thinwall socket,got it between the disc and bolts.Rolled bike backwards for each bolt(so I could get to it the easiest...I think about the 3 o'clock position towards the rear).You'll of course need to loosen the chain.All the loosening force will be to the rear,so the bike won't fall.Install just the opposite.Fairly easy.I THINK you're gonna notice when you readjust the chain that the adjustment is gonna be right at the limit of the cam in there.If I remember correctly.You'll need to make sure you don't go past that limit.You'll see what I mean once you go to adjust it.I'm guessing you have the right size allen for the rear two adjustment bolts.I used the handle in the toolkit to provide a leverage action to the allen wrench.You've got those BST's on there...use caution when using that allen wrench.I mean,make sure it's all the way in the head before applying force.NO NICKING!
Your baby looks very nice BTW!

Old school Cali plate...sweet..I left the outside border around the plate,that 'yoshimura' piece off...looked better without that.Less 'cluttered' I thought.Course,I didn't go with a Yosh tail tidy.

How your friends react to you showing up with a new H2?Many H2's there in Cali?I was watching some police chases...I'm pretty sure one guy was on an H2...outran the popo and disappeared into LA downtown.Cool vid for sure.It wasn't the vid of the guy having glowing headers.

Last edited by h2madness!; 01-06-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page