New stable mate - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 12-12-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Took the z900rs out today for a 400k run Reviews are pretty spot on short first gear and high sixth gear plenty of lowdown torque.Smooth power delivery and real old school feel.
Its no sportsbike its no H2 but it does what it is designed to do really well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 12-12-2017, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjayef View Post
Saw the Z900RS in the flesh at the bike shop on Saturday when I went in to pickup some bolts and a gasket for the H2.

I pick it up my RS on Thursday.

Where did you get yours from ??????
post #13 of 19 Old 12-12-2017, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
I want one too, but with the 4 into 4 exhausts.

Great bike .... i was too young to get the 1973 Z1- 900.

I would also love a new retro Honda CBX 1000 6 cylinder. Too poor the first time around

post #14 of 19 Old 12-24-2017, 04:09 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by malh2 View Post
Where did you get yours from ??????
Matt Jones - Melton. Happy to ride past Peter Stevens to get any Kawasaki stuff from a great dealership, besides, country back roads to get there (with a zig-zag) and their service and parts are second to none.

Quote:
Great bike .... i was too young to get the 1973 Z1- 900.
I was too young too but by the time I got my licence the Z900 and Z1000 were about $1/cc secondhand. My first few big road bikes were all Z series and when I later went drag racing it was a pro stock 1428cc Z900 motor and cradle. You didn't have to be riding when they came out to love the heritage.

So...

1: the 12 year old faithful Z1000 (and a wad) was swapped for a Z900RS Thursday morning.

2: Headed to the Anglesea on Great Ocean Road Thursday after work to get some squiggles in before dark.

3: Lorne, Apollo Bay, Lavers Hill and watched the sunset at Port Campbell

4: Getting cold, bugs, kangaroos were out and a couple of dopey wallabies in the middle of the road so got a bed in Warnambool (didn't try and put the bike inside by did consider it)

5: Up early and out in the countryside, miles of wheat was a contrast to the salt air and in the distance I could see the Grampians so headed to where the "HIGH FUN AREA" signs are.

6: Went and found a the only place names I know starting with "Z" - Zumstein and Mt Zero

Took the bike back to Matt Jones for it's first service a day after getting it with 1030km on the clock. They serviced it and I went and did another 350km that afternoon.

It's a great thing to keep your licence and see some scenery in comfort, that's the reason I bought it. Handles well, tips in nice in the twisties and you don't mind doing speed limit (+10% or 20%) on it. The tall 6th gear is nice for low RPM cruise and the torque in the mid-range is pretty much all you need for heaps of fun in the twisties in 4th gear (roll on roll off tip-in roll-on)... it was like riding an auto and only needed 3rd for the tightest of hairpins along the go road.

Since the pics were taken a week ago, I received the optional center stand. Well worthwhile for easy chain oiling on long rides.

Great bike and I look forward to the boys trip to Tassie on it late January.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1000.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	337.7 KB
ID:	21337   Click image for larger version

Name:	GoRoad.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	441.3 KB
ID:	21345   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171214_205321.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	21353   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bed.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	21361   Click image for larger version

Name:	HighFun.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	499.7 KB
ID:	21369  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zumstein.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	478.6 KB
ID:	21377  
h2madness! likes this.
post #15 of 19 Old 12-25-2017, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Ayjayef, would that Tassie ride be one I've heard about that goes all over the place? I had my H2 wrapped by Tim at Winguard here in S.A., He told me about the ride and said his brother-inlaw organises it. Linked to men's health mob?

Couldn't get to go this January/February but will keep it in mind.

Don.
post #16 of 19 Old 12-26-2017, 03:14 AM

@H2015
Hey Don, nah, nothing that formal, this is a bunch of mates (15 in total) who somehow talked one's blokes wife into bringing a ute to carry all our gear while we scratch around the island for a week and a half. Bit of luxury and a whole lot more fun touring without any gear strapped to the bikes!

The mate organising it has booked pubs and similar for the whole trip, cheap and cheerful accommodation (bed and a shower, sometimes in bunk rooms) that averages about $30 a night. Bargain trip!

We normally do the Victorian / NSW high country that time of year which is always a blast tearing up and down ski resort roads in the summer (as long as the lycra road lice ain't there). This year falling on a milestone birthday for the organiser we decided to "go overseas" so he booked the boat 6 months ago for all of us.

I'll let you know how it goes.
H2015 likes this.
post #17 of 19 Old 12-28-2017, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjayef View Post
@H2015
Hey Don, nah, nothing that formal, this is a bunch of mates (15 in total) who somehow talked one's blokes wife into bringing a ute to carry all our gear while we scratch around the island for a week and a half. Bit of luxury and a whole lot more fun touring without any gear strapped to the bikes!

The mate organising it has booked pubs and similar for the whole trip, cheap and cheerful accommodation (bed and a shower, sometimes in bunk rooms) that averages about $30 a night. Bargain trip!

We normally do the Victorian / NSW high country that time of year which is always a blast tearing up and down ski resort roads in the summer (as long as the lycra road lice ain't there). This year falling on a milestone birthday for the organiser we decided to "go overseas" so he booked the boat 6 months ago for all of us.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Apparently there is a recall out as of today for rear suspension check on Z900RS Call your dealer.
post #18 of 19 Old 12-28-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malh2 View Post
Apparently there is a recall out as of today for rear suspension check on Z900RS Call your dealer.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Gave the dealer a call, they looked my VIN up on the Kawasaki system and couldn't see a recall (yet?).

They did know about the Z900 suspension recall but not the RS. Your dealer might be further up the food chain?
post #19 of 19 Old 12-30-2017, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Mine checked out ok no new frame needed just needs some brackets of some description,bike still ok to ride 30 minute job to fit them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page