• 2 Post By BobC

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 06-16-2017, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Oh my god!!!!

As above, omg is all I could think today. Decided to take the bike out for an hour. After a bit of lane riding and familiarising myself on corner exits I decided to catch a short stretch of motorway. I see an opening, 3rd, full throttle lying on it, comes straight up whilst kicking around at the back so short shift into 4th, much the same so short shift into fifth, here we go, omg, 10k in fifth and get a massive slide I was tucked in and stayed on it just gradually letting the throttle off a little. The bike was very stable and controlable but it was certainly a brown trouser moment moral of the story, stay away from concrete motorways, they are ****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-16-2017, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
You started a new thread to tell us all you lost control of the bike and almost crashed ?

NOLA.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-16-2017, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax+h2 View Post
As above, omg is all I could think today. Decided to take the bike out for an hour. After a bit of lane riding and familiarising myself on corner exits I decided to catch a short stretch of motorway. I see an opening, 3rd, full throttle lying on it, comes straight up whilst kicking around at the back so short shift into 4th, much the same so short shift into fifth, here we go, omg, 10k in fifth and get a massive slide I was tucked in and stayed on it just gradually letting the throttle off a little. The bike was very stable and controlable but it was certainly a brown trouser moment moral of the story, stay away from concrete motorways, they are ****
Man take care of you and your bike Bro
Planning to meet you some day on the Isle of Man mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
You started a new thread to tell us all you lost control of the bike and almost crashed ?

NOLA.
Elementary, my dear Watson!
Excellent

post #4 of 10 Old 06-16-2017, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I didn't lose my bike or almost crash. If you get wheelspin at that speed and can't handle it then maybe you are on the wrong bike? Or you could leave it in rain mode

I was just sharing an experience with the rest of the community, I suppose I could have added it to the back of another thread to save you the read???? Hmmm, tell you what, I'll get back to you on that as a priority

Scharfschaf, fear not, this stuff happens on these bikes, I find the trick to staying on is to keep your head. Did you see the TT senior race? How did he stay on that kaw? I bet he said more than omg
post #5 of 10 Old 06-17-2017, 01:03 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Not smart dicking around on the streets.. just my opinion though. Save it for the track where your tires are at optimal temperatures and the conditions are generally more predictable. :P
post #6 of 10 Old 06-17-2017, 04:13 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Garage
you have to have a little fun on the road. here in old Blighty may bikes can't get on track with a standard exhaust due to noise levels and twats for locals next to circuits.

SO sometimes fun is needed on the road

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2
post #7 of 10 Old 06-17-2017, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
To each his own a 150mph plus slide was not my intention but you have to expect these things on bikes like this the chassis on this bike is truly amazing. After my ride I went to the gym, my shoulder tear was painless and I was as strong as an oxen, adrenaline does cause premature heart determination but it's some real good stuff
post #8 of 10 Old 06-17-2017, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Garage
Yes Vmax they do that. I run standing miles and do so with TC off. I've even had the odd wheelie in fifth and you certainly can't give it full throttle in the first four gears.

The H2 is one of those bikes where you nearly always have more power available than you can use, if you ride it like other bikes where you hold the throttle wide open and wait for speed to build it will BITE.
H2QIK and robby9999 like this.

Go Fast Or Go Home
post #9 of 10 Old 06-17-2017, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Sliding a VN Adam, i'm impressed

Are you not confusing a bit of wheel spin and TC kicking in with sliding, on a motorway, presumably pretty straight ????

Rob

Adventure before Dementia
post #10 of 10 Old 06-17-2017, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The only way that vn will slide is on ice. No power at all but a nice bike to ride non the less. The h2's polar opposite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page