Ninja H2 banner

Rear Hugger for the H2

13K views 38 replies 8 participants last post by  Enzuna 
#1 ·
Seem's simple enough. Most bikes have aftermarket ones to stop some of the crap on the back of the bike.

Yes I have been unable to find a single one for the H2. I have no idea why

Does anyone know of a nice rear hugger for the H2 or not as simple to fit.

Anyone know any more

#3 ·
Looks nice but don't want to go for the first I see. Wonder why not many do the huggers

#8 · (Edited)
Andy So you do a larger than standard rear hugger ? I looked and only seen the standard size so I thought

I am after the type of hugger others have posted that will keep the rear cleaner than the tiny standard hugger does

#11 ·
Remal,
Been looking and researching the huggers. If you check out the SSK carbon hugger on "Webike" you will see it's longer than the others. I reckon rear huggers are very functional and because this ones bit longer will keep more crap off the inside of the rear wheel area and suspension. All my bikes have huggers for that very reason.
Thought you might want to check that out.
Cheers mate
Jeffro ;)

#15 ·
I'm going to order something up soon just a shame I have to order from japan and the shipping is so much

#20 ·
Yeh no worries, it looks exactly what I want, bit longer and more functional than original size and with the short looking ass end of the H2 will probably improve its looks too.
All up was about $290 Australian dollars and about $30 postage from Japan so can't complain about pricing. Webike has a pretty shitty communication system but from what I understand it takes about 10 days to send (probably for them to make it) and take up to 10 days to arrive. So I am pretty excited to receive it. I will indeed review it, take some pictures and let you guys know quality and fit...
Talk you soon
Regards
Jeffro ��

#21 · (Edited)
Remal,
SSK hugger from Webike Japan arrived today. Extremely well packaged and typical Japanese efficiency, Took only 4 days to ship via EMS Japan. Very happy with what appears a very high quality and finish! It's the longer version as posted on this thread earlier so should be functional as well as looking the part. Hopefully the fit will be as good as it looks!
I will take a few pics when it's installed.
Take it easy mate
Jeffro ;)

#24 ·
Hey guys fitted the hugger today. All the holes line up perfectly, but the fit isn't what I call 100%. Don't get me wrong it's very nice but it doesn't sit squarely onto the fittings and over the wheel if you get my drift. I would give the quality 9.5/10, but fitting maybe an 7.5/10. I had to manipulate and "persuade" it a bit to get it to sit reasonably well, but I think the actual shape and moulding isn't 100% that's why it doesn't sit as it should. Keep in mind I am a perfectionist and expect nothing less on my bikes particularly for the H2. I will post some pictures when I can....
JEFFRO ��

#29 ·
Matt,
Hi mate good to hear. I think you will like the quality that's for sure. Fit however lets hope yours is better. A suggestion when fitting..... tighten slowly each screw and if needed you can manipulate and tighten the required screw/s to maintain the correct shape so it fits square over the wheel. Then finish tightening all them, but be careful don't over tighten you can still damage fairly easily.
Let us know when you get it....
Jeffro ;)

#30 ·
well seems the shipping date on the website was 2-3 days is now 2 months i've cancelled my order. I've asked them to tell me if they have the A-tech larger hugger in stock or the shipping date of this. :(

#31 · (Edited)
Oh? That's strange. If it's Webike it's standard that it's shipped 10 days after order is paid for. Then it's shipped via EMS took only few days for that, all up around two weeks as advertised. If you go with A tech will be interesting how that goes as I am assuming you are still purchasing via Webike website?
I did notice recently they are also on eBay but at very inflated prices ( compared to Webike). Maybe ordering through eBay might be a better option ( better security, has facility for PayPal in case of a dispute, and communication probably much better).
Anyway good luck with it!
Jeffro ;)

#34 ·
Just an update of the SSK carbon hugger that I purchased from Webike. After the purchase I received some emails asking me to review the purchase and Webike's service. I was truthful and rated the quality very high but fitting wasn't up to it. Over the last couple weeks got another email or two asking for a couple of pictures which I returned. That was that, and then yesterday (surprisingly) I got a full refund! $337 or so dollars. I was astounded they didn't even ask for the return of the hugger. Funny thing is a few days ago I manipulated the hugger a little more loosening and trying different tensions on each bolt and eventually got a 9/10 fitting anyway! :D
So, in case anyone is wondering the integrity of Webike, you can be assured if it's not what you expect they will do the right thing! Considering I didn't even ask for a refund, just showed dissatisfaction in the fitting someone somewhere felt it was justified to return full value.
By the way that hugger looks awesome and because it's bigger than stock, it does reduce the crap on the rear end....
Jeffro ;)

#35 ·
Just an update of the SSK carbon hugger that I purchased from Webike. After the purchase I received some emails asking me to review the purchase and Webike's service. I was truthful and rated the quality very high but fitting wasn't up to it. Over the last couple weeks got another email or two asking for a couple of pictures which I returned. That was that, and then yesterday (surprisingly) I got a full refund! $337 or so dollars. I was astounded they didn't even ask for the return of the hugger. Funny thing is a few days ago I manipulated the hugger a little more loosening and trying different tensions on each bolt and eventually got a 9/10 fitting anyway! :D
So, in case anyone is wondering the integrity of Webike, you can be assured if it's not what you expect they will do the right thing! Considering I didn't even ask for a refund, just showed dissatisfaction in the fitting someone somewhere felt it was justified to return full value.
By the way that hugger looks awesome and because it's bigger than stock, it does reduce the crap on the rear end....
Jeffro ;)

#37 ·
Yeh mate, I reckon they realise the H2 fraternity is a close one and it wouldn't take long for it to get around whether a vendor is good or not....One things for sure doesn't happen very often a full refund purely by saying it isn't quite right. The Japanese are really something :D
Jeffro ;)

#38 ·
Now that is amazing service. Good to hear and even without asking its nice they have such good after service they want the return custom

result

Reactions: Jeffro
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.