6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 Old 02-02-2017, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawiguy454 View Post
I agree with everything you said about the Michelin's. The PP 2CT have a great profile for carving on the road and stuck like flypaper on my ZX14. I got the PP3's though on H2 cause they are a more rigid carcass and supposed to hold up to H2 better and I think they do. The wear on them is as I expected and do see the center flattening but haven't been riding that much with many other things going on. ...One is tearing up the dirt in my new Yamaha YXZ 1000R SS
Hey Kawiguy454 thanks for the reply. Glad someone else think of the 2CT as highly as me....

Actually mate you made a very important point I may have overlooked in wanting the 2CT as my next set tyres. You mentioned the PP3 has a harder carcass, your right I remember the 2CT not having such a hard carcass which may make it unsuitable for the H2. Definitely worth looking into or asking Michelin regarding this application...thanks mate for that info

So...in regards to your PP3's ..they are flattening but what mileage have you got on them at the moment? With concern about going to a different width tyre, have you noticed anything detrimental or negative or even a change of behaviour of the bike/electronics/Traction control when using the PP3's?
I am assuming your running a 190/55/17
Jeffro

Last edited by Jeffro; 02-02-2017 at 12:51 AM. Reason: TYPO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 Old 02-24-2017, 02:32 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
So...in regards to your PP3's ..they are flattening but what mileage have you got on them at the moment? With concern about going to a different width tyre, have you noticed anything detrimental or negative or even a change of behaviour of the bike/electronics/Traction control when using the PP3's?
I am assuming your running a 190/55/17
Jeffro
Sorry I missed your reply i don't check in as much as I used to. I haven't been riding H2 as much but need to ...tomorrow for sure :-). Probably 1000 miles on with some visible center wear from straight accelerations. I did try a 190/50 I had on hand for my C14 and the traction control did stutter the motor when I made turns or powered up moderately hard. The tire diameter difference was just enough to put the TC on edge of triggering where i usually have it @ 1+ on street. The 190/55 has no problems I can feel and turn in is better than the wider bridgestones that felt very neutral to me. I found some tire diameters for comparison you can see why the 50;s didn't work and the 190/55's are bit closer to TC activation than stock 200/55's. This is why we have 9 levels of TC IMO.

120/60/17 23.07 72.476
120/70/17 23.61 74.186
190/50/17 24.68 77.525
190/55/17 25.44 79.938
200/55/17 25.66 80.616

Hond Trail 70 - Hond 125xl
2 x Yama RD350's
Yama IT465 - Yam Raptor 700
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2
post #23 of 36 Old 02-25-2017, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Has anyone tried this tire?

Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20 EVO Ultra High Performance Rear Tire

I will be down to the cord in less that 1k miles, so i need a new tire.

How does the above tire compare to the RS10 or Q3?

post #24 of 36 Old 03-20-2017, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
I have been thru a few sets of Supercorsa's before and they are wonderful tires. They really stick well and last way longer than the RS10's. Way longer. Of course its 1.5 times the cost, there is the drawback on the initial investment.

They are OEM for Ducati Superbikes. They wouldnt put just poo poo tires on that machine.

NOLA

Been through 5 sets of RS10's. Have ridden on the Pirelli Supercorsa SP's but as the OEM on my cousins S1000RR.
I just ordered a set of Supercorsa SP's for my H2, installing them Thursday. Yep, % wise a lot more money but hoping they last longer like you mentioned & have only read terrific feedback on the tire so looking forward the baby getting new shoes. Why are new tires an exciting thing? LoL! Looking forward to that new tire look again & even smell but especially seeing how they feel compared to the RS10's.
post #25 of 36 Old 03-20-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRADALE View Post
Been through 5 sets of RS10's. Have ridden on the Pirelli Supercorsa SP's but as the OEM on my cousins S1000RR.
I just ordered a set of Supercorsa SP's for my H2, installing them Thursday. Yep, % wise a lot more money but hoping they last longer like you mentioned & have only read terrific feedback on the tire so looking forward the baby getting new shoes. Why are new tires an exciting thing? LoL! Looking forward to that new tire look again & even smell but especially seeing how they feel compared to the RS10's.
Stradale,
Hi there on average what mileage did you get out of the RS10's?
I have around 2000 kms on my originals now and I reckon I will at least get another 1500 kms out of them. I think they are a good sticking tyre, however with other bikes I got similar grip but much better durability. I have always been easy on tyres and brakes, but by no means a slow and sedate rider. I always seem to get more mileage than the norm.
You may have seen my previous posts that I am a Michelin lover however I will be keen to follow your progress and performance with your Pirelli's.
Jeffro
post #26 of 36 Old 03-20-2017, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Stradale,
Hi there on average what mileage did you get out of the RS10's?
I have around 2000 kms on my originals now and I reckon I will at least get another 1500 kms out of them. I think they are a good sticking tyre, however with other bikes I got similar grip but much better durability. I have always been easy on tyres and brakes, but by no means a slow and sedate rider. I always seem to get more mileage than the norm.
You may have seen my previous posts that I am a Michelin lover however I will be keen to follow your progress and performance with your Pirelli's.
Jeffro

That's close to the mileage I've gotten from the RS-10's too on the street. 5th set & have 12,500 miles, bought my 15 H2 late - September 2015.

I'd have more miles on the H2 if not for the 2 winter's since getting it & splitting the miles between 3 other bikes. One of those bikes I bought new last April (CVO Street Glide) did 7000 miles on the CVO between April & December 2016. Probably have around 20k miles on the H2 by the end of this year.

Mileage I was getting on each set of RS-10's depended if there were track days. Big factor on the street as well is outdoor temperature, in 80/90F days the tire definitely sheds a lot more rubber on hot pavement then 50-70F days especially in the center from just straight'ish highway rides.

I did see your post. Don't think the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT is available in 200 sizes, probably one of the reasons is from what I know of the tire it's more of a high performance street tire (sport to sport touring) not a race/street tire, it's not as soft/sticky as the RS(Racing/Street) -10's or Supercorsa SP's, you'll get more mileage out of the 2CT's though. Probably the closer Michelin comparison to the Bridgestone RS-10's & Pirelli Supercorsa SP's which are dry weather race/track tires almost like their slick counterparts but w/ slightly different construction and sipes for DOT approval would be the Michelin Power Cup Evo which probably do come in 200 sizes for the rear.
Jeffro likes this.
post #27 of 36 Old 03-21-2017, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
My $0.02

For my $30,000 bike, outright grip is more important than mileage. My general rule is 2 rears to a front, especially if track days are involved. I would NEVER compromise outright grip for longevity.

The RS10 is probably the stickiest street tire available now with the fastest warmup. I have Q3s on my MV. The dunlops work great in the heat but are brick hard in the cold. The RS10 beats the Q3 in cooler weather and matches the Q3 if not provides more grip in the rear than the Dunlop, but at the cost of longevity. I'm partial to the Dunlop front because it doesn't fall into corners as fast and I like that for the street. On the track, I like the RS10 front but the Dunlop provides more 'feel'.

I won't even bother with the Michelins. ANY michelin for that matter. Ever since the competition caught up, they haven't been in it for me. I once attended a trackday and LITERALLY 9 out of the 10 crashes (90%) the riders were on PP3s. I had a set on my ZX7R and I absolutely hated them. Definitely not a confidence inspiring tire. .....you'd best have a background in dirt track because you'll be sliding those things everywhere.

I haven't ridden a Pirelli since one let go on me waaaaaay back in '05 or so. Never trusted them since so I have no data there.

So for me, for DRY weather riding, the RS10 is my Go-To tire. Once the Q3 finishes on my MV, I will put a set of RS10s on that bike as well. For wet weather, well, I simply don't ride in the rain.

In my humble opinion, if longevity is your only gripe about the RS10s, as cheap as the rears are (about $130), just go 2 rears to a front.
post #28 of 36 Old 03-22-2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
My $0.02

For my $30,000 bike, outright grip is more important than mileage. My general rule is 2 rears to a front, especially if track days are involved. I would NEVER compromise outright grip for longevity.

The RS10 is probably the stickiest street tire available now with the fastest warmup. I have Q3s on my MV. The dunlops work great in the heat but are brick hard in the cold. The RS10 beats the Q3 in cooler weather and matches the Q3 if not provides more grip in the rear than the Dunlop, but at the cost of longevity. I'm partial to the Dunlop front because it doesn't fall into corners as fast and I like that for the street. On the track, I like the RS10 front but the Dunlop provides more 'feel'.

I won't even bother with the Michelins. ANY michelin for that matter. Ever since the competition caught up, they haven't been in it for me. I once attended a trackday and LITERALLY 9 out of the 10 crashes (90%) the riders were on PP3s. I had a set on my ZX7R and I absolutely hated them. Definitely not a confidence inspiring tire. .....you'd best have a background in dirt track because you'll be sliding those things everywhere.

I haven't ridden a Pirelli since one let go on me waaaaaay back in '05 or so. Never trusted them since so I have no data there.

So for me, for DRY weather riding, the RS10 is my Go-To tire. Once the Q3 finishes on my MV, I will put a set of RS10s on that bike as well. For wet weather, well, I simply don't ride in the rain.

In my humble opinion, if longevity is your only gripe about the RS10s, as cheap as the rears are (about $130), just go 2 rears to a front.
Of course no matter what you choose there is always a compromise. Yes agree grip is always more important than longevity but there is a limit! Bridgestone have always had the reputation for good grip and bad durability. Michelin the contrary ( certain models of course) have more grip and MORE longevity in my experience. Now that's what I am looking for !!!

Interesting what you say about the different brands of tyres you like/dislike. I am opposite of my opinions to Michelin I think they are the bees kness in superiority. I have had huge success with them at least as a street and occasional track tyre. To me they are leaps and bounds ahead as far as compounds are concerned, needing minimal warm up time to achieve high grip and confidence inspiring/feedback for performance riding.

As for my background I happen to have lots competition dirt experience as in Motocross, but those skills have been needed for other brands not Michelin.
As for Pirellis I totally agree with you, all the spills I had were on them. Dunlops mmmm they are ok had some success with the GPA,s on track but otherwise stay clear of them on the road.

I suppose the tyres we receive here may be different to the types you receive there, so perhaps that has something to do with it, but I think it just comes to personal choice in the end. Thank Christ we are all so different!
Have nice day mate
Jeffro
post #29 of 36 Old 03-22-2017, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Quote:
Of course no matter what you choose there is always a compromise. Yes agree grip is always more important than longevity but there is a limit! Bridgestone have always had the reputation for good grip and bad durability. Michelin the contrary ( certain models of course) have more grip and MORE longevity in my experience. Now that's what I am looking for !!!

Interesting what you say about the different brands of tyres you like/dislike. I am opposite of my opinions to Michelin I think they are the bees kness in superiority. I have had huge success with them at least as a street and occasional track tyre. To me they are leaps and bounds ahead as far as compounds are concerned, needing minimal warm up time to achieve high grip and confidence inspiring/feedback for performance riding.

As for my background I happen to have lots competition dirt experience as in Motocross, but those skills have been needed for other brands not Michelin.
As for Pirellis I totally agree with you, all the spills I had were on them. Dunlops mmmm they are ok had some success with the GPA,s on track but otherwise stay clear of them on the road.

I suppose the tyres we receive here may be different to the types you receive there, so perhaps that has something to do with it, but I think it just comes to personal choice in the end. Thank Christ we are all so different!
Have nice day mate
Jeffro

You made some very good points. In fact, I ran the first gen Pilot Power Race for years and absolutely LOVED them. They were the first tire I actually dragged elbow. I never really got on with their street tires though. Maybe bike set up has something to do with it, but they just don't seem to work for me. Others love them though.

....and you're absolutely right. The US spec'd tires are often different from what you guys are getting in the UK. Even Dunlop! When the first generation N-Tec slicks came out we were spending nearly $600 to get the UK versions because in some cases they were worth 2 seconds a lap!!! With Bridgestone, here in the US we can't get the "RS10 Type R" or the "RS10 Evo". We just get the RS10s, which happen to be a very good tire.
post #30 of 36 Old 03-22-2017, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
I find the oe rs10 on the h2 to have very good grip, when warm, and more importantly, great feedback/feel. I am not a Michelin fan on cars or bikes, never found great traction ever with a Michelin. All my cars run various Bridgestone aswell. Strange how people are getting different experiences? Well, I think I'll be sticking with oe anyway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page