New Stuff Being Tested - RG62 302 RWHP SPEED kit. - Page 9 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 245 Old 05-13-2016, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I'm amazed that you don't think I know what I'm talking about when I speak about the H2 and H2R. There are NO difference in the supercharger or the way it functions. The only difference is the dual inlet entry they the nose cone but then reduces to the single inlet before reaching the SC.
My H2R-G Hybrid started with 259 rwhp from the factory and reached 301 rwhp with Don Guhl flash and tuning on VPQ16 fuel. These bike are also restricted as we unleashed another 41hp.
With my new upgrades the H2R will now make around 330 rwhp.
In case you don't believe my involvement with this motorcycle, here is a picture of me and Ichi in Japan, the year before code name 8200 was intro to the public.
I am still in communication and giving updates on my continued r & d.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1463162149506.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	11505  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 245 Old 05-13-2016, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickey Gadson View Post
I'm amazed that you don't think I know what I'm talking about when I speak about the H2 and H2R. There are NO difference in the supercharger or the way it functions. The only difference is the dual inlet entry they the nose cone but then reduces to the single inlet before reaching the SC.
My H2R-G Hybrid started with 259 rwhp from the factory and reached 301 rwhp with Don Guhl flash and tuning on VPQ16 fuel. These bike are also restricted as we unleashed another 41hp.
With my new upgrades the H2R will now make around 330 rwhp.
In case you don't believe my involvement with this motorcycle, here is a picture of me and Ichi in Japan, the year before code name 8200 was intro to the public.
I am still in communication and giving updates on my continued r & d.

Ooops, owned.

Ricky - Don't worry too much about his comments, its a long story, the arguments here w/ numerous posters, ban of his other ids (& he'll deny its him) because of the way he speaks to people, etc. Hes probably a good guy & has contributed a lot here but just doesn't see or care that he can be abrasive. I thought it humorous, someone that is selling his H2R w/ factory miles explaining how things are to RG, speaking to you like a first time bike owner, H2/R newbie, hey at least hes consistent. lol! I mean it is kinda funny. Sorry, for the O/T.

330 RWHP, holy ****!
post #83 of 245 Old 05-13-2016, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
So, when our H2s are bumped up to H2R levels of performance do they now need to secumb to the H2R level of engine hours teardown and maintenance?
rapidroy1 likes this.

post #84 of 245 Old 05-13-2016, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Well well wel there i get my answer about who rode the bike , before traction control and bells and restrictions.

Thank you Mr Gadson

I think you sould let the men be .

Your numbers are verified by a member on this board and it seems there is still doubt , but the proof is in the pudding of how many can ride this bike with 300 hp. I will take a kit just to be part of the 300 hp club.

There is a old Queen song that comes to mind

I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW
But Watoino

Last edited by Watoino; 05-13-2016 at 03:13 PM.
post #85 of 245 Old 05-13-2016, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by selenap View Post
So, when our H2s are bumped up to H2R levels of performance do they now need to secumb to the H2R level of engine hours teardown and maintenance?
I wondered this myself and I'd guess you'd need to up the intervals
h2rcx likes this.
post #86 of 245 Old 05-13-2016, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Quote:
Many thanks to Rickey for his comments and real data. My takeaway from this is that the RG62 kit will bring tremendous additional power lower down in RPM range and so the engine will be much more reliable not dealing with that stress. This can be seen graphically in the dyno sheet that Stradale posted. the power curve is on a sharper upward angle and torque peak is at 11K. That angle represents the mathematical increase of the SC gear ratio and resulting higher boost projected up the RPM's.

IMO the longevity with this much power will be in not over revving it as boost at the top will be excessive, As Rickey said use Octane boost. And I say use good heavy oil to support the monstrous bearing loads and combat SC drive-train shearing. M1 synthetic motorcycle racing oil is my choice it has a great anti wear additive pack. With that I don't think the teardown interval will be as bad as the H2R recommended.

Those screens over the stacks are a point of concern to me tho. As was noted the dual purpose of them is to catch bits of a destructed SC. With the new stacks it may be a good idea to add another form of catch net inside the plenum for safety's sake.

Hond Trail 70 - Hond 125xl
2 x Yama RD350's
Yama IT465 - Yam Raptor 700
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2
post #87 of 245 Old 05-13-2016, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIR View Post
NO, it is not. The dyno test everyone are quoting were from Kevin Duke who was using RG's ECU in a real H2R. Ricky Gadson does NOT have an H2R. The one other bad number going around was user error that was quickly corrected back to over 300hp yet no one ever mentions the correction. I do not know why these numbers are repeated other than to tear down the H2R. People will repeat a lie if it makes them feel good? By stating these incorrect low numbers you are calling Kawasaki liars, you are calling the H2 engineers liars, you are calling Team 38 liars and you are calling TrickStar liars. Who are you? You are saying after one day with an H2R and Ricky Gadsons restricted ECU, Kevin Duke at motorcycle.com is more of an expert than the factory, all of their engineers and two of their race teams? Go away. Ricky Gadson's hybrid is NOT an H2R. It cannot make H2R power. Kevin Duke is NOT an engineer or an expert.

Please stop tearing down the H2R to feel good. It is an insult to Kawasaki and the engineers who gave them to us.

Who am I? Someone who actually uses these machines. 8500 miles on the street & track so far, not just someone reading about the bikes & then tapping away at the keyboard with a factory miles H2 or H2R behind me in my foyer as some kind of terribly sad & lonely un-ridden trophy.

I don't think Kawasaki are liars, we all know what the build up to these machines were like. I think perhaps the initial power figure may have been released way before the final spec was completed, there was quite some time between the initial press & delivery to customers. Something may have happened that forced them to dial the H2R back a bit (just look at the H2R dynos, they all flat line at the same 12,800 rpm) before release, perhaps it was legal, maybe because they discovered service life would have been ridiculous who knows & they didn't want to put that out in the press as it would be embarrassing & unnecessary considering they were still releasing a 240-260 rwhp machine that was capable of 326 crank hp /286 rwhp w/ a re-flash. What are you saying, you've never heard of a manufacture that initially gave power figures that either fell short or had to be dialed back?

I'm interested in the truth not bashing the H2R, I'd love to own one, might still & don't know how in the world you have been able to resist riding yours. If you can post a dyno (& not from Kawasaki) showing a stock H2R making 326 crank hp or close I think it would be interesting to the discussion & help us to see what the real deal is. You'd think there would be at least one that is irrefutable ?

AGAIN - -- Its not just Rickys hybrid where the power is coming in lower than 326 crank hp. So far I've seen tests of stock H2Rs from Akrapovic, Fast Bikes & Motorcycle.com & an independent tester who all got between 230-240 RWHP. Performance Bikes got 250rwhp on a prior test but last month got 264rwhp. 264rwhp is the strongest post factory H2R RWHP # I could find so far....You even posted on your NINJAH2.NET board after reading the Performance Bikes article that I posted here that PBs test of the H2R "came up 60 hp short"... your quote not mine. To be honest I'm not you understand crank vs rear wheel hp.

As for Trick Star or Team 38, I haven't seen anywhere that they've posted dynos on a bone stock H2R, have you? You're saying the stock H2R has significantly more (30-50+ more rwhp) than the Stage II H2 and that most of the difference is in the air box & size of filter but w/ stock gearing Trick Stars stock H2R's recorded a top speed of 208mph & 218 mph w/ a TUNED H2R. I'm referring to before they changed gearing. Team 38's record was what? 218 mph in the Mojave mile right? With all that air rushing in its ram air, the H2R are slower top speed than Brocks Stage II H2 (which was 274rwhp prior to the mile & 264rwhp tested right after) at the Ohio mile @ 219 mph... How in the world does that happen???? And I've watched Trick Stars runs, they weren't limited to running in just a mile, they were coming around the turn at 10k rpm in 5th & hitting the rev limiter in 6th for quite a distance.

So you don't trust Motorcycle.com's dyno results, are the other tests also "lies"? Why would Akrapovic or those other magazines lie, Performance Bikes lied twice then in their 2 separate tests of 2 different H2Rs??? Is it some great conspiracy that they're all coming in w/ similar power H2R power figures? That & you don't think Ricky Gadson would know what H2R's are making in power compared to his H2R hybrid? Not only that but hes lying too? Even more absurd is you think Ricky Gadson is trying to bash Kawasaki? lol! Come on.

Last edited by STRADALE; 05-13-2016 at 06:39 PM.
post #88 of 245 Old 05-13-2016, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
I agree! Thanks to the guys that work hard with passion to make this bike even more unreal.......cheers boys!
880turbo and STRADALE like this.

2009 Monster Energy ZX14
2011 ZX10R Full Ohlines, BST Rims
2019 Ducati 959 Corse
2015 H2 Full Custom Akrpovic & BST CF Wheels
2019 Ducati V4 Panigale Speciale
2017 Ducati 1299S Anniversairo
2015 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
2018 Husqvarna FS450 Super Moto
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
2020 Ducati V4S Streetfighter On Order
post #89 of 245 Old 05-13-2016, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Quote:
It's a given that if you increase the stresses inside the engine, the maintenance intervals (and the service life) will be shortened - possibly drastically shortened. I'm not a fan of arbitrarily increasing the rev limit ...

For most people who own these bikes, the amount of time that you can actually spend at wide open throttle and higher revs is pretty short ... even drag strip runs only load the engine for a few seconds at a time. The land-speed-racing people are the ones who need to pay attention here.
post #90 of 245 Old 05-13-2016, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
I have done a clean-up of this thread.

Now ... People ... Listen up.

Constructive criticism is one thing. Doing it in an insulting and derogatory manner is quite another and I will not tolerate it.

There will be NO "name calling". There will be NO calling people "stupid" or "you don't know what you are talking about" or anything of the sort. NONE. Violation = BAN. And I will not issue warnings, either. Not this time. VIOLATION = BAN.

If someone doesn't explain something clearly or mis-states something or anything of that sort, "It happens". It is NOT necessary to resort to name calling to get your point across.

We know that H2R = Cliff Secord = VIR. We know that using alternate usernames to get around bans is a violation of the terms of service. We also know that it's going to happen anyhow.
YSR50, shotgun15, 880turbo and 3 others like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page