Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum (https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/)
-   Ninja H2 General Discussion (https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-h2-general-discussion/)
-   -   Dirty Clutch Fliud (https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-h2-general-discussion/15481-dirty-clutch-fliud.html)

H2QIK 03-01-2016 05:33 AM

Dirty Clutch Fliud

Just curious if anyone else's clutch fluid is all milky. Otis very dirty and you can't see through it. On the other hand, the brake fluid is very clear and clean still. Only has 1440 km on it. I know eventually the brake fluid will get dirty, but I haven't had a hydraulic clutch before. Is this normal or should I have it checked out?

PureRacing 03-01-2016 07:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by H2QIK (Post 195473)
Just curious if anyone else's clutch fluid is all milky. Otis very dirty and you can't see through it. On the other hand, the brake fluid is very clear and clean still. Only has 1440 km on it. I know eventually the brake fluid will get dirty, but I haven't had a hydraulic clutch before. Is this normal or should I have it checked out?

No it is not normal. Your slave cylinder is bad. My slave cylinder and master cylinder was replaced under warranty. They need to do a recall on those parts because when my dealer called Kawasaki they stated that they have had several reports about this same issue! Then it took 3 weeks to fix because the parts was on back order

malh2 03-01-2016 05:30 PM

When i took mine in yesterday for frame change over i mentioned my clutch was slowly getting less pull and probably had air in it,fluid was clear, they replied we will just put a new kit in master cylinder.

H2QIK 03-01-2016 06:46 PM

I will take it in today and see what they say.

Brock 03-02-2016 06:43 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Just curious, what type of chain lube do you use - and how frequently?

Brock

H2QIK 03-02-2016 06:53 PM

Motorex Chain Lube

1 Attachment(s)
Motorex racing chain lube. Only used it once at 1400 klms. Do you think the chain lube has contaminated the clutch fluid somehow? I thought the clutch system should be completely sealed. Why do you ask Brock, and what do you recommend?

craigeclark 03-02-2016 10:38 PM

I noticed mine was milky/dark as well. Was the clutch slave or master leaking anywhere? what caused the discoloration? What exactly was replaced? has the fluid changed colour since the warranty work?

BobC 03-03-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

You made me go and check my bike. Happy to say it's still clear and clean.

Brock 03-03-2016 08:45 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by H2QIK (Post 196057)
Motorex racing chain lube. Only used it once at 1400 klms. Do you think the chain lube has contaminated the clutch fluid somehow? I thought the clutch system should be completely sealed. Why do you ask Brock, and what do you recommend?

That should be fine. We notice that excessive use of sticky 'won't fly off' type lubes can gum up the slave cylinder in hydraulic systems and lead not only to dirty fluid, but to a slipping clutch as the slave is slow to move/allow complete engagement of the pressure plate.

Since your OEM chain is a sealed, lube is only really required to ward off surface rust.

Sounds like you are doing everything correctly. I would speak to your dealer.

Brock

Redshift 03-03-2016 10:50 AM

22 Attachment(s)
https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-h...sengage-2.html

Click on above thread, (Cylinder replacement required)