13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 Old 03-13-2016, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged View Post
Unless someone on this site has received a screen that fitted an H2R I would say there is a fair chance they assumed they were the same screen as the H2 ?
I spoke to them directly and it was stated that it fits the H2R. Unfortunately for me it did not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 03-14-2016, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
The H2R screen is different, four fixing holes, while the H2 has three.

Look at my thumbnail at the top of this topic or this image, you can just about make out the difference.

Last edited by BobC; 08-25-2018 at 08:05 AM.
post #13 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
[quote=jayski;197489]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
All ready for Top Speed Tuesday next week at Elvington.

Enjoy! Have a great time. Let us know the results.
Back from Elvington late last night. It was very cold and windy, just six degrees with an overcast sky and a stiff breeze blowing from the North East. Unfortunately we were set up to run into the wind, so top speeds were well down. My H2 best was 196.8mph - but to put this into context the next fastest bike in the modified stock class was a very nice ZZR1400 (ZX14R) who went 201 last year and he was around 10mph slower than me.

Even the big turbo bikes were having difficulties. My friend Mike wheelied across the line on his Hayabusa turbo when the wind caught it - he did a 215mph wheelie. It was a good test and tune day though and a shake down after the winter lay off. Strangely I didn't notice the cold once I got going, too much else to think about.
pebble35 and 880turbo like this.

Last edited by BobC; 03-16-2016 at 07:40 AM.

post #14 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
The H2R screen is different, four fixing holes, while the H2 has three.

Look at my thumbnail at the top of this topic or this image, you can just about make out the difference.
We are sending the windscreen to Zero Gravity off my H2R. They are going to make a corse double bubble for the H2R. They will have it finished by the 3rd of April.
post #15 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 09:12 AM

[quote=BobC;197961]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayski View Post

Back from Elvington late last night. It was very cold and windy, just six degrees with an overcast sky and a stiff breeze blowing from the North East. Unfortunately we were set up to run into the wind, so top speeds were well down. My H2 best was 196.8mph - but to put this into context the next fastest bike in the modified stock class was a very nice ZZR1400 (ZX14R) who went 201 last year and he was around 10mph slower than me.

Even the big turbo bikes were having difficulties. My friend Mike wheelied across the line on his Hayabusa turbo when the wind caught it - he did a 215mph wheelie. It was a good test and tune day though and a shake down after the winter lay off. Strangely I didn't notice the cold once I got going, too much else to think about.

Sorry to hear of the weather. Sounds like you did very well in spite of the conditions. As you said, a great opportunity to test / tune and learn the unique characteristics of these bikes. The ability to be willing to take the time to learn these bikes is extremely important. My team and I have been crunching the numbers of performance and then I pilot the bike based on these numbers. I am in no way near a professional rider, have never done a wheelie on purpose. They are intimidating to me. LOL It is a process no doubt, and the challenge is to be patient enough to pursue and fulfill the plan. I was doing a 1/2 mile event on the H2R this past Sunday. I reached 191.975 with no wheelie at any point. For reference I reached 204.5 in a mile in October wheeling each gear, and even at 170MPH shifting to the next gear the bike came up to 33 degrees. At this event my 1/2 mile was 174.87. I should also explain I am not a small individual, like most of the guys i see flying down the runway. With my gear on I weigh 260. We have been gathering the data through 4 different events now and progress has been tremendous. Based on the data collected and the adjustments in riding we will reach 200MPH in the 1/2 mile next event, while still exerting the same level of control.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2086.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	10809  
880turbo and SPRAT33 like this.
post #16 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayski View Post
We are sending the windscreen to Zero Gravity off my H2R. They are going to make a corse double bubble for the H2R. They will have it finished by the 3rd of April.
I should have also said that the H2 screen mounts on a plastic frame which fixes to the fairing of the bike. The H2R screen has no frame and mounts straight on to the fairing.

The reason I went for the Corsa design was because the Double Bubble screen is too narrow. The Corsa is a similar height but wider and offers a better coefficient of drag.

Photo of it in action from yesterday.

Last edited by BobC; 08-25-2018 at 08:05 AM.
post #17 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Garage
Thought this might be helpful regarding the difference of Corsa vs. DB:

DB:

Corsa:

Compared. In the middle the height of both shields are pretty much identical but in the area where the DB slopes down giving it that shape the Corsa is about 1.25" higher:

BobC and ZiG 9th like this.
post #18 of 25 Old 04-08-2016, 02:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Where did you find it, been looking for one.
post #19 of 25 Old 08-11-2016, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Nice, I see the rear of a Ferrari f430 if I'm not mistaken in that last pic? I looked at those but couldn't bear to part with my modded 996tt I have owned for years. 👍
post #20 of 25 Old 08-11-2016, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Garage
X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax+h2 View Post
Nice, I see the rear of a Ferrari f430 if I'm not mistaken in that last pic? I looked at those but couldn't bear to part with my modded 996tt I have owned for years. ��
Yup... My wife & I took the factory tour in Maranello while the car was being built, very cool experience.

@vinhemi - Been a while since you asked, sorry, but got the screens from Zero Gravitys website. The DB has a really neat look to it, matches those creases in the H2s cowl but prefer the Corsa for it's slightly better wind protection & fighter canopy appearance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page