LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 Old 07-02-2019, 04:45 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Frame Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2madness! View Post
"Evotech have the cross frame support, Kawasaki do not"...they don't cause it's a waste of material.It doesn't help in a dropover anyway.The stress is on the engine mount(where it's attached)Right into the frame..Actually,your evotech slider has a real weak spot.It's not directly connected to the main frame.That bolt holding it in there will snap probably.Plus it doesn't appear on their site that the bobbin actually comes out as far as the factory Kawi one.The shape of the Kawi one has a length to it that helps keep the bike from seesawing as it's sliding.Not so sure about that round bobbin.Looks like the tail could easily move and hit the ground.(the pipe anyway).I KNOW the kawi ones saved all that back there from hitting.The placement for the bobbin on yours is NOT at the physical center of the highest point of the side.Makes a BIG difference in how damaged it could be...hope ya never have ta find out...I suppose a real moving laydown would be really bad with either slider.Not much could stop damage except a crash cage.

A real weak spot?
Check the images, it clamps right around the frame and also has a support right across the frame to connect it to the other side too versus the Kawasaki option of.... one Allen bolt!
Iím not here to diss the Kawasaki solution, itís just opinion but for me when the dealer tells you the OE solution is just a couple of bolts and sliders versus a full cross frame solution, then shows you the engineering involved it wasnít a very hard decision for me.
I made my choice based on looking at the kits and talking to an owner who dropped his with the Evotech installed.
Itís the highest point when the bike goes over, mirrors, levers and all the cases were saved, not one scratch just £8 for a new nylon bobbin to ref-fit (as you he also couldnít pick up the bike!)
Thatís not to say the Kawasaki slider doesnít work, it clearly (thankfully) helped you but didnít look very substantial for its price.
Best solution is not to drop the bike!

Evotech

Kawasaki

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Lamf1969; 07-02-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 Old 07-02-2019, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamf1969 View Post
I have Evotech and according to my dealer there is no comparison, Evotech have the cross frame support, Kawasaki do not, not really much to debate!
Image of Evotech installed attached.
Rich

How far do the evotech sliders protrude out, I looked at the Kwak ones and they only appeared to be just proud of the fairing

Rob
post #23 of 26 Old 07-02-2019, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Frame Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxrob View Post
Rich

How far do the evotech sliders protrude out, I looked at the Kwak ones and they only appeared to be just proud of the fairing

Rob

Hi Rob
Iíve not measured it but below are images off the Evotech site to give you a better idea.
Iíve not seen the Kawasaki items in the flesh, and Iím not having a pop, especially if they do the job but thought they looked pretty ugly and scandalously expensive for a few bolts and lump of nylon (£175) when the Evotech kit is only another £75 for a solution thatís much more substantial.

On my bike for more perspective:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Lamf1969; 07-02-2019 at 07:08 PM.

post #24 of 26 Old 07-03-2019, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Well...there's nothing wrong with those evotechs.Not really.If they work,that's all ya need.I liked the shape of the Kawis.They're all just there for a tipover while not(or barely)moving.They won't help in a real crash.Need a cage for that.
post #25 of 26 Old 07-05-2019, 06:18 AM
ben

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That happened to me as well on a very slow u-turn to park it, twice actually. Just a little damage to the fairings and paniers which I buffed away for the most part. also had to replace the tip on the pedal. It's a heavy bike, once it starts going down a certain distance, very little you can due to stop it. I ordered R&G Aero Style Frame Sliders and am waiting for them to come in.
post #26 of 26 Old 08-01-2019, 05:50 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Finally fitted the Evotech frame sliders and front/back bobbins. I can confirm the support/cross bar for the frame sliders does not fit with my TT3 exhaust header pipes as they block the bar from going across. Not too worried as the mounting clamps fit securely and are further stabilised by the fairing/frame bolt. They are really there for the no speed/slow speed tip over, hopefully never find out!
h2madness! likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page