New (soon to be) owner of a H2 - First time biker - Page 4 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 83 Old 05-01-2015, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
why does this have to be a joke? How would you feel if you came here excited to connect with owners of the same bike as you and they all told you you were a joke? Remember how uppity everyone got when H2R said they were a joke for letting kawasaki take their money. You guys are essentially saying the same thing to him.

Its his money and he spent it. If he want's to learn responsibly then thats on him, if he doesn't well then again that's on him. So he takes all his corners as triangles for the first year, onwards and upwards...

welcome @ninjah2 , any pics of the new rig?
OKH2 and ben1000z like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 83 Old 05-01-2015, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Agree....yup.

I also added a small plastic spacer to the throttle grip.Adds just a touch of friction to it so it doesn't twist quite as freely as factory.Still plenty of movement.Just not so 'sharp' as before.

post #33 of 83 Old 05-01-2015, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Garage
We are sceptical because we care. We care about his safety, the safety of those who share the road with him and the good name of motorcycling which is trashed every time something avoidable happens, like an accident caused by letting a novice loose on an H2.

Call me a spoilsport, call me a hypocrite if you like but I think this guy having an H2 as a first bike, after riding scooters, is a very bad idea.

Last edited by BobC; 05-01-2015 at 02:01 PM.

post #34 of 83 Old 05-01-2015, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle1000 View Post
Bob You didn't apply in the sense that they turn you down due to skill or experience. It was just to be sure they'd be able to make a bike for you. A novice always could go in and buy one, for some strange reason everyone thought the fastest bike ever wouldn't attract people it shouldn't.
Quite correct but I would hope that any dealer would be responsible enough not to sell an H2 to a novice. Anyway, they are supposed to check your licence and insurance which they need to tax the bike before completing the handover here in the UK, otherwise the dealer is breaking the law. That's why I enquired where he lives.

Last edited by BobC; 05-01-2015 at 02:04 PM.
post #35 of 83 Old 05-01-2015, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Back in 1978 when I first moved to California, I had never ridden much less owned a bike before. My first bike? A used 1972 Kawasaki H2. I was told by the seller that this was not a beginners bike but paid no attention to that. After a few weeks of riding, it was as if I had been riding all my life. Glad I didn't start small as I would have been looking for a new ride very early on.I still have that bike and am glad every day I own it. I am also still here 37 years latter. True, my new H2 is warp years ahead of my old H2 power-wise but that is all relative.
To this new H2 rider I say, enjoy.
ben1000z likes this.
post #36 of 83 Old 05-01-2015, 05:57 PM

"Glad I didn't start small as I would have been looking for a new ride"...I have to agree with this as well.The physics of ALL bikes are the same.Big or small.I've been riding mine...I really don't see a problem with a new guy(as long as he's level headed)to learn on this bike(as I said before).It's all in the wrist.My bike tools along at a very nice mild pace when I choose to cruise on it....parking lots...all that.Very gentle.He's probably NOT gonna be whacking the throttle until he gets used to her.So the idea of some kind of EXTREME take off eye-opener is not likely for him....not yet anyway.He's a grown adult...surely riding a scooter has given him SOME idea of throttle control.In stock form...even punching it at a stopped situation isn't gonna make her flip over.I tried.KTRC off.Punched her at about 3 mph....it was doable...totally.He's not gonna be punching her at those speeds while learning I wouldn't think.Course,HOLDING the throttle open as the R's climbed...that I don't recommend for a new rider with this bikebut 'rain mode' should help with all of this.(virtually a low power mode).

I'd actually think a tipover would be more likely...coming from a low sitting scooter to a higher sitting machine...like this is.It can happen VERY quickly as we all know.

The Crow likes this.

Last edited by SilverbirdH2; 05-01-2015 at 06:03 PM.
post #37 of 83 Old 05-02-2015, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
I actually ordered this bike for my cat, Toonces. I'm sure he will face some challenges, as he did when learning to drive a car (drove it off a cliff a few times)...thankfully, the H2 has advanced electronics.

Shane
post #38 of 83 Old 05-02-2015, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbirdH2 View Post
Agree....yup.

I also added a small plastic spacer to the throttle grip.Adds just a touch of friction to it so it doesn't twist quite as freely as factory.Still plenty of movement.Just not so 'sharp' as before.
Where exactly did you install "a small plastic spacer" to the throttle grip?

Thanks!
post #39 of 83 Old 05-02-2015, 09:38 AM

You remove the bar end.Get a say,2mm plastic spacer that has an ID diameter to fit over the bar end .Circumference of the bar end cap(OD).Install...tighten bar end up.Loosen the throttle bolts,slide the grip outward just a bit....enough to ride against that spacer.Tighten the throttle bolts.That's it.Allows just enough friction to stop the grip from moving totally freely.Yet still returns and opens fine.Works really well to stop that on/off movement when riding over bumps and such.Probably could get one at a hardware store.Don't remember where I got this one at.It was on my 14's grip(for the same reason).I think the H2 has a plastic pin in the housing of the throttlecables(going into the bar)...so it'll only move out but just a small amount...don't force it.But it will move out just enough.

Last edited by SilverbirdH2; 05-02-2015 at 09:41 AM.
post #40 of 83 Old 05-02-2015, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My first bike was a 2011 Ninja 250R. So far put 7500km on it and now the H2's sitting there waiting for my license to change to unrestricted in November. The dealer said it was the biggest upgrade they had seen, period. They also said that ultimately it came down to the wrist. Anyone can do crazy speeds, regardless of what they drive or ride. Could it be said, I in some respects will be learning on the H2, perhaps yes. But learning to ride, or learning to respect the power beneath me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page