Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Already been over this with you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR-NA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2madness! View Post
If Don Guhl can open up the top speed mph display,why can't woolrich?Just a matter of checking boxes...right?
Because the person behind the scenes who does all of Guhl's hacking of ECUs and writes his software for him does it differently from Woolich (not Woolrich). They both do the same thing in a limited scope: dump ECU contents, disassemble ECU dump, define tables in their respective softwares to accomplish the same thing but through different means. How one may write custom assembly code is going to vary from how another writes the custom assembly code needed to accomplish the same thing. Just as there are more than one tool to accomplish the same job, or more than two ways to say the same thing, two people will have different signatures/hand writing styles. So Guhl's software guy, Marlin Bially, "writes" differently than Woolich's software guy, Justin Woolich.

Woolich can open up the top speed display, it's called "Race Display"* in their software. Only with the "*", by enabling that, it disables other functions (horn, turn signals and high beam) as a byproduct. Woolich needs another test bike for more than the short amount of time they had the first one. The first time round the owner needed the bike back and they couldn't give them the time needed to fully test/refine in the short amount of time they had the bike to develop the features people were requesting. I personally don't see what the big deal is in eliminating the speed display limit... especially since a lot of people on here, YouTube, Facebook, etc are so quick to point at the margin of error in the speedo when people brag online about how fast they went.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 52 Old 12-22-2018, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
"Race Display".Okay.If one guy can only use 'race display' to get the results,then what's the other guy using?See what I mean.I guess I'm just partial to Don.No 'catches'.No odd trade offs.Just seems strange Woolrich has had a bunch of H2's,and yet 'can't' figure out how to derestrict a display without disabling other stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page