LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 Old 04-09-2018, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer172 View Post

....One thing that surprises me is how high each of your helmets are. When I'm in a tuck, especially above 200 I'm literally laying on the gas tank and my helmet is touching the tank.
The limit for how low I can position my helmet is governed by needing to see forward. Look at this image of me using a stock screen and a Zero Gravity, my chest is on the tank and the chin of my helmet is almost there, in fact it's over the front of the tank but if I went down the last inch or so with my head I wouldn't be able to see forward, my neck isn't flexible enough.

Some years back on my 1400 Kawasaki I tried laying my head on the tank and looking sideways at the edge of the runway, so I could get right down under the screen. I only did it a couple of times, it was quite risky and probably the danger outweighed any gains. We also used to run with the left arm tucked in out of the airflow. The other image of the blue 1400 is me riding like that, with my arm tucked in, on a 205mph run, anything to get that winning 1mph.

Another thing you'll notice in the photo from the previous post comparing me with Brock's rider is that he's short enough to be able to get his elbows inboard. I can't do that because my knees occupy that space, even with my butt right back against the rubber pad. As I said before the biggest drag for me on an H2 is caused by the shoulders, the rest is fine tuning. There's a lot to think about and I'm looking forward to your feedback when you've done some LSR Terry. Good luck at Mojave.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	H2 Screens.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	22666  
racer172 likes this.

Go Fast Or Go Home

Last edited by BobC; 08-16-2018 at 05:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 04-09-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2RLA View Post
Is it normal to have to rebalance so often? Also, did you have to buy the $500 custom tool from Kawasaki to perform those balances?
From what I'm told by x-pro racers this is not uncommon for very high hp superbikes, but mine is the first H2 that I've heard of needing to do this. Keep in mind that I'm a pretty aggressive rider on the track with the H2. There is a whole thread on this topic started when I first started shredding tires with the H2, have a look if you like: https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-h...tire-wear.html

No I'm not using a Kawi tool, I bought a tire balancer off Amazon and then you need a special balancer for the rear wheel from Marc Parnes Motorcycle Wheel Balancer

2016 Ninja H2 ľAkropovic Exhaust .. Stage III gears .. Extreme Creations intercooler .. H2R Fuel Pump .. DynoJet PCV .. DNA race filter .. FlashTune .. DynoTuned .. BST wheels .. Yosh fender eliminator.. Brembo full-floating disc rotors .. Brembo RC19 master cylinder .. SBS Racing brake pads .. Lightech gas cap ... ABS delete + custom brake lines
post #33 of 36 Old 04-09-2018, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Just for sake of comparison, have you considered running a track day with stock wheels by chance? I'd be really curious to see if it created any difference in the tire slip compared to your BSTs.

post #34 of 36 Old 04-09-2018, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
Just for sake of comparison, have you considered running a track day with stock wheels by chance? I'd be really curious to see if it created any difference in the tire slip compared to your BSTs.
yeah that was all covered in that link I gave you above, the stock rims made no difference, and neither did sending the BSTs back to Brock's to have the anti-slip coating added. I you'd like to continue the wheel slip discussion it would be best to do it in the thread Unusual Tire Wear

2016 Ninja H2 ľAkropovic Exhaust .. Stage III gears .. Extreme Creations intercooler .. H2R Fuel Pump .. DynoJet PCV .. DNA race filter .. FlashTune .. DynoTuned .. BST wheels .. Yosh fender eliminator.. Brembo full-floating disc rotors .. Brembo RC19 master cylinder .. SBS Racing brake pads .. Lightech gas cap ... ABS delete + custom brake lines
post #35 of 36 Old 04-09-2018, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer172 View Post
yeah that was all covered in that link I gave you above, the stock rims made no difference, and neither did sending the BSTs back to Brock's to have the anti-slip coating added. I you'd like to continue the wheel slip discussion it would be best to do it in the thread Unusual Tire Wear
Ah, I have to admit I hadn't reread that, but I remembered your initial trials with the BSTs and anti-slip coating, I just didn't remember you also using stock wheels. Whoops! Wheel slip discussion concluded
racer172 likes this.
post #36 of 36 Old 04-09-2018, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
Ah, I have to admit I hadn't reread that, but I remembered your initial trials with the BSTs and anti-slip coating, I just didn't remember you also using stock wheels.
yeah no worries, it was a REALLY long thread with a lot of opinions so no reason you should remember all the details. I just didn't want this thread to get too far off topic. cheers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page