2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 Old 03-07-2015, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
UK H2 Insrance

Can anyone recommend anywhere to source insurance for the Ninja H2 in the UK? I'm getting nervous as I've only managed to get one quote so far, which was over 5k for fully comprehensive cover. The other insurance brokers I've tried have all had to refer to the underwriters and I'm awaiting feedback on Monday. I've also tried getting quotes online but this seems to be a non starter. I expected the insurance to be more expensive than my current bikes but not about twenty times greater! Any advice greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 03-07-2015, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Yeh I've been down that road too and also came up with the 5k quote ! I also did a search on Asda's site and nothing came up then I got an email from Asda suggesting MCN could do it for about 300 ...... I haven't followed it up yet so non the wiser.

Trying on line seems to be a waste of time as they either haven't got the bike on their list or they tell you they can't quote and you have to ring.

My dealer mentioned it to the Kawi rep and he said try Kawasaki Insurance as he reckons they'll be reasonable.

As yet I'm same as you, no insurance and mildly concerned. Keep me posted.
post #3 of 45 Old 03-07-2015, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Garage
You need to move down to my neck of the woods - I was going to put the H2 onto my motor trade policy (no additional premium) but thought I would get a quote in my own name just to see how much it would be.

I'm 50, clean licence, no accidents or convictions for 8 years but zero no claims as I've not had insurance in my own name for a few years - and the premium for an unlimited cc fully comprehensive rider policy with 50 excess was 128 a year

post #4 of 45 Old 03-07-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
You need to move down to my neck of the woods - I was going to put the H2 onto my motor trade policy (no additional premium) but thought I would get a quote in my own name just to see how much it would be.

I'm 50, clean licence, no accidents or convictions for 8 years but zero no claims as I've not had insurance in my own name for a few years - and the premium for an unlimited cc fully comprehensive rider policy with 50 excess was 128 a year
With who ?
post #5 of 45 Old 03-07-2015, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the replies, I'm also interested in who quoted the 128.00. I'm 47, with no convictions, held a full licence since 1986 and currently have four years no claims. My current policy for my Fireblade and GSXR 750 is 300+ with all mods declared. I called Kawasaki Insrance on Friday and I'm now awaiting a quote as they too need to contact the underwriter. I've only enquired about fully comprehensive policies so far and I'm reluctant to go for TPFT as I don't fancy the risk. I can't believe I've been waiting for six months for the H2 to arrive and now face the prospect of being unable to insure it. Fingers crossed I get something sorted next week. I will give MCN a call on Monday.
post #6 of 45 Old 03-07-2015, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brig10r View Post
With who ?
Went through a local insurance broker - all done over the phone but have details at work. It's not really comparable to the UK as we are considered a very low risk area by the insurance companies. Bike doesn't need to be garaged overnight, no alarm or security needed .............
post #7 of 45 Old 03-09-2015, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well, made some progress with the H2 insurance today. Best quote so far is 815.00 fully comprehensive for the H2 alone or 948.00 with my 'blade & GSXR included also, albeit the H2 would need to be fitted with a Road Angel tracker at a further 299.00. Still seems a bit steep so the search continues.
post #8 of 45 Old 03-09-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis67 View Post
Well, made some progress with the H2 insurance today. Best quote so far is 815.00 fully comprehensive for the H2 alone or 948.00 with my 'blade & GSXR included also, albeit the H2 would need to be fitted with a Road Angel tracker at a further 299.00. Still seems a bit steep so the search continues.
I suppose it's better than the only previous quote :-(

Who was that with ?
post #9 of 45 Old 03-09-2015, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis67 View Post
have you tried going with any small insurance companies, companies aside from the big mainstream ones?
post #10 of 45 Old 03-10-2015, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi, that quote was from Kawasaki Insurance. I've not tried any of the smaller insurance companies yet but any suggestions are welcome. By the time I add the Road Angel then a years subscription, the total will still be over 1300.00, which seems excessive to me. I think my delivery is still a few weeks away so I've still got some time to do some further research.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page