Renewal from Ramasis (kawasaki) - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 09-09-2017, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Ramasis rip off

[QUOTE=Lamf1969;290457]For all the UK guys looking to renew insurance, I just got insured (second year) for 424 including leathers, helmet, breakdown recover, legal cover & personal injury. 3000 miles with 800 excess. Decent saving on last year, I stayed with Ramasis but they had to price match to keep me... More companies covering the H2 now so easier to shop around.

I absolutely refuse to entertain a "price match " . They were prepared to overcharge you but you made all the effort to go through other quotes involving your time and effort with other companies that gave you a better price and all Ramasis had to do was match their price to keep you !!!
I get this **** from the four heating oil companies I call . They ask what price did they give you and we will match it .
My reply to all of them is the same , I tell them I call all the local suppliers and that they need to give me their best price and refuse to tell them what the others have quoted unless they come in higher , then they either better it or lose my custom until next time . I'm not interested in them matching a quote after I've done all the work .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 09-10-2017, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Mine's due for renewal in October. It'll be interesting to see if Carole Nash offer a competitive quote. They are a broker so they ought to shop around for me, I know in previous years with other bikes they've done that.
I was with Carol nash until I got the H2 and they could not insure the bike in 2016 or March this year. I was happy with them so hope they insure the H2 next year or give a competitive quote

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2
post #13 of 19 Old 09-10-2017, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
[quote=Supercharged;294209]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamf1969 View Post
For all the UK guys looking to renew insurance, I just got insured (second year) for 424 including leathers, helmet, breakdown recover, legal cover & personal injury. 3000 miles with 800 excess. Decent saving on last year, I stayed with Ramasis but they had to price match to keep me... More companies covering the H2 now so easier to shop around.

I absolutely refuse to entertain a "price match " . They were prepared to overcharge you but you made all the effort to go through other quotes involving your time and effort with other companies that gave you a better price and all Ramasis had to do was match their price to keep you !!!

I get this **** from the four heating oil companies I call . They ask what price did they give you and we will match it .

My reply to all of them is the same , I tell them I call all the local suppliers and that they need to give me their best price and refuse to tell them what the others have quoted unless they come in higher , then they either better it or lose my custom until next time . I'm not interested in them matching a quote after I've done all the work .

My decision wasn't as simple as a price match, the two companies that came in lowest after my search were both given utterly shocking ratings online and mostly insure the scooter teens... I also wanted to consider the standard of cover, underwriter and track record of the insurers. Not hard to find ratings online.
Granted, Ramasis were only fractionally better rated but Kawasaki pin their reputation to them so I'm happy with my decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #14 of 19 Old 09-10-2017, 06:38 AM

[quote=Lamf1969;294225]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged View Post

My decision wasn't as simple as a price match, the two companies that came in lowest after my search were both given utterly shocking ratings online and mostly insure the scooter teens... I also wanted to consider the standard of cover, underwriter and track record of the insurers. Not hard to find ratings online.
Granted, Ramasis were only fractionally better rated but Kawasaki pin their reputation to them so I'm happy with my decision.

That's fair enough Lamf1969 , your premium is ok but 850 excess is err well excessive.
Insurance companies take full advantage of the fact that we are different ages , live in different houses in different areas with varying history and experience and it's easy to lose half a day on the phone going through the same questions over and over only to be given a outrageous quote.
(This was my experience with Ramasis ) Sounds like myself and H2vmax had the same experience.
post #15 of 19 Old 09-10-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxrob View Post
Got my renewal through

Bit of bargaining and got it down to 350 from 590

Rob
I'm impressed with this price Rob, unless you are around 90 years old ,live in the Outer Hebrides and have stabilisers fitted to the rear spindle ? Oh and promise not to do over one hundred miles in a year .
May I ask who its with ?
post #16 of 19 Old 09-10-2017, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged View Post
I'm impressed with this price Rob, unless you are around 90 years old ,live in the Outer Hebrides and have stabilisers fitted to the rear spindle ? Oh and promise not to do over one hundred miles in a year .
May I ask who its with ?
Thats with Ramasis

I'm 56, full ncb, live in rural(ish) midlands , price includes
Leathers and helmet cover
Legal cover
AA roadside assist
Mileage up to 3000 per year
800 access

When I first inquired about the H2 for insurance the only insurance I could get was from Kawasaki, sorry, I did have one other quote but 7603 was a tad to much

This year there are more willing to insure the bike, so, I did a quick comparison site, had 3 good prices from reputable companies, called Ramasis and said, I'm happy to stay with them but !!!! and they not only matched but slightly bettered the price

Rob

Adventure before Dementia
post #17 of 19 Old 09-10-2017, 05:29 PM

Rob.. you old *******, I feel better now Fair play tho, good price mate.

post #18 of 19 Old 09-11-2017, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamf1969 View Post
Rob.. you old *******, I feel better now Fair play tho, good price mate.
You have hurt my feelings Rich

Old, it is just a number

Rob

Adventure before Dementia
post #19 of 19 Old 09-11-2017, 12:40 PM

You do seem the sensitive type Rob so please accept my apologies! The older you get the faster you were...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page