Insurance in the US.... - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 05-06-2016, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Garage
Spoke w/ State Farm at the coverages I like to keep on the bikes ; $100/$300k/$500 ded., they are definitely a lot less than Geico. For $50/$100k (w/ an auto policy) it would only be $543 a year for me on the H2. That's a great rate. For my 3 Harleys - $198, $237, $419 a year, also better than Geico.

They gave me quotes for the cars (interesting at $250k/$500k they were about the same price as Geico at $300/500k) and working on the home owners quote now. Id like to keep the 3 policies (bikes,cars,home) in one place plus there's discounts for doing so. Depending on the home owners coverages/cost I might switch.

Thanks for posting this info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 Old 05-06-2016, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
State Farm still covers my house and they say as soon as the "spills" drop off they will cover me again. I will also keep comparing the rates with Progressive who insure all of my other bikes. My Kawasaki dealer said he gets $10 for an application so I let him get me quote, it came back at like $5000 year - ha ha.

Ninja H2 1000
Kawasaki 750 Turbo
CX500C
CX500T
CX650E
CX650T
Hawk
CB750 w/turbo
RG500
V-Max
Katana 1000
Ducati 749R
Screaming Eagle Road King
CBR600F3
Honda Metropolitan
& a dozen battery chargers
post #13 of 21 Old 05-07-2016, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Well definitely need to give state farm a call then

post #14 of 21 Old 12-19-2017, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I know this is an old thread so I apologize for digging it up. But I'm looking at buying an H2 SX SE and called State Farm for a quote. I've been insured through them with motorcycle coverage for at least 11 years. I currently have 2 cars, an SUV, 2 motorcycles, and my house insured through them. 32 years old, married with one young child no tickets in at least 7 years and 725+ credit score.

Well they don't have any information on the SX SE. So I had her quote me on an H2 to get a high end estimate. They quoted me $210 a month. I thought the $90 per month for my zx10r was high.
post #15 of 21 Old 12-19-2017, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Thats just silly. I have State Farm, and its the best on motorcycles, and mine is $46.00 a month for full coverage. I have the same exact amount of vehicles as you and live in the HIGHEST insurance state in the entire nation. Your agent is fuking you. Call another agent and ask for a quote.

NOLA
post #16 of 21 Old 12-19-2017, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Cheapest I found was Progressive Direct and I do everything online. There's no offices close to me. That cost me 142.14 per month for full coverage on an H2. I wasn't able to get a quote from State Farm because they're not taking any new accounts out of RI or Mass. With that said I can use someone else address in Ct or Mass but I'm not going to bother.

Prior to Progressive I had been with Geigo Since the 80s and had a military discount. When I started searching quotes for the 2017 CBR1000RR which was 256.00 per month with no accidents or speeding tickets in the last 25 years I made a decision to drop them. Giego was charging me 114.00 per month full coverage for my 2015 BMW S1000RR.

I cant remember the quote from Geigo for the 2016 H2 but it was less than the 2017 CBR1000RR.

I don't own a home and my credit score is above 800+. So that's not an issue. I think the issue's are how much coverage do you have with your insurance company. IE if you own/insure your home and have multiple vehicles on the same policy you are def going to get low rates. NOLA and I had this discussion a couple of weeks ago and although he lives in one of the highest coverage areas he has good credit, good history, owns a home and has a number of cars which makes him a low risk in the sense that he is showing maturity and responsibility to manage his assets. This makes his rates much lower than someone who is young, bad credit, a history of accidents/speeding tickets and is only insuring one or two vehicles.

Eventually I might call State Farm again to get a quote but like NOLA said if you call someone and you get a quote call them again and get a 2nd one. Sometimes what one agent says might not be correct or they're not giving you the accurate rates. This happened to me with Progressive but I sorted it out and eventually I got the coverage for the price I was comfortable with.

I personally think that these insurance companies are ripping us off and driving up the rates as much as possible. They're crooked as the day is long.
NOLA likes this.
post #17 of 21 Old 12-31-2017, 04:09 PM

Using the model number ZX1002BJFL I requested insurance quotes from a couple companies online. The coverages I got quotes on were $100,000/$300,000/$50,000 with $500 deductible $15,000/$30,000 in under and uninsured coverage and Total Loss coverage (insurance will pay out msrp of the same bike for the current model year for the first 4 years of coverage). Bike listed as stored in a locked garage and 1 claim in the past 3 years for when I dropped my bike off of a trailer.

Geico was the highest but also the only company to have the H2 SX SE listed in the models. It came in at $245 per month or $2880. per year!

Nationwide was $88.20 per month $1058.39 when I didn't check the box for "modified frame, nitrous kit or turbo kit". $132.26 per month $1587.11 per year with the turbo box checked. These nationwide quotes included discounts for where I work and my AMA membership.

Progressive was $66.50 per month, $714. per year without the turbo box checked. $83.50 per month and $898. per year with the turbo box checked.

I haven't been able to get ahold of my current insurance company, state farm, since I've found the model codes for the SX SE and their online quotes weren't working for me. I might be able to get lower quotes buy switching other insurance policies over aswell to one of these companies.
post #18 of 21 Old 12-31-2017, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
But its not "turbo" or modified. It comes factory built supercharged

Those numbers for Progressive sound inline with State Farm for the same coverage.

NOLA
post #19 of 21 Old 01-01-2018, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
But its not "turbo" or modified. It comes factory built supercharged

NOLA
That's why I did it both ways to get an idea of an approximate costs. The difference between Geico and the other two seemed significantly different but only Geico had the actual model listed.

On another site someone was able to derive a generic VIN # JKBZXVB13JA000100 that when run through a vin decoder pulls up the information for the SX SE but has it listed as a super sport bike and not a sport touring bike. That's going to hurt the insurance costs a bit.
post #20 of 21 Old 01-10-2018, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2KROD View Post
Anyone find a decent priced insurance for theH2 in the united States? Best I've found is$240 a month from National General for full coverage anyone else have somewhere I should try that would be a better deal?
...an old post but ****, I pay this a month for 4 motorcycles.

Believe it or not, a big factor with some of these insurance companies is your credit score, not just your location. I try my best to always keep my score over 800 for this reason. Take defensive driving, and a motorcycle safety course and you could save up to another 10% for each class.
H2KROD likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page