Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum (https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/)
-   Kawasaki Ninja H2 Insurance Chatter (https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/kawasaki-ninja-h2-insurance-chatter/)
-   -   How much will insurance be for the Kawasaki Ninja H2? (https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/kawasaki-ninja-h2-insurance-chatter/1449-how-much-will-insurance-kawasaki-ninja-h2.html)

NinjaH2Admin 09-22-2014 01:24 PM

How much will insurance be for the Kawasaki Ninja H2?

For all of you interested in purchasing the Kawasaki Ninja H2, have you guys thought about the insurance premium? How much does insurance cost for turbo/supercharged motorcycles?

Share your thoughts

Clover 09-22-2014 02:50 PM

This is one thing that has a got me a little scared. I am thinking that the Ninja H2 is going to be really expensive to insure. The type of motorcycle it is must make it in one of the most expensive premium brackets.

McCarthy 09-22-2014 04:06 PM

That depends mainly on:

1.) Where you live both country and local area. In high theft areas it will be a lot more.

2.) Your age and how many years of experience you can prove.

3.) How many insurance claims you have had in the past.

4.) Your driving record.

5.) Acceptable credit history, hence paid your bills in time.

6.) If you own a house with garage.

7.) If you installed an alarm / tracking system.

8.) If you have other vehicles insured with the same company.

9.) The bike, the engine size in cc, its sticker price and its accident and theft rate.

10.) If you are a vet, member of USAA, ARIA, etc.

In the US it can be anywhere between $300 and $10,000 a year with full coverage.

If your driving record is clean, you are older than 25, live in a halfway decent area with not too much theft, have at least a couple years of riding experience and didn't go bankrupt at some point you should be able to find insurance for around $600 a year.

Titan 09-23-2014 12:07 PM

$600 for the whole year? That is less expensive than I thought, but given that I am 24, I am afraid the price will be significantly more than that.

Klotzo 09-23-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCarthy (Post 9417)
That depends mainly on:

1.) Where you live both country and local area. In high theft areas it will be a lot more.

2.) Your age and how many years of experience you can prove.

3.) How many insurance claims you have had in the past.

4.) Your driving record.

5.) Acceptable credit history, hence paid your bills in time.

6.) If you own a house with garage.

7.) If you installed an alarm / tracking system.

8.) If you have other vehicles insured with the same company.

9.) The bike, the engine size in cc, its sticker price and its accident and theft rate.

10.) If you are a vet, member of USAA, ARIA, etc.

In the US it can be anywhere between $300 and $10,000 a year with full coverage.

If your driving record is clean, you are older than 25, live in a halfway decent area with not too much theft, have at least a couple years of riding experience and didn't go bankrupt at some point you should be able to find insurance for around $600 a year.

@McCarthy pretty much go it spot on.

for those under 25 better put aside some money for insurance.

McCarthy 09-23-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan (Post 9529)
$600 for the whole year? That is less expensive than I thought, but given that I am 24, I am afraid the price will be significantly more than that.

You can pretty much double it.

OneArmBandit 09-25-2014 06:33 PM

I guess im an old tart that pays $325 A year I love it.

Klotzo 09-26-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneArmBandit (Post 10577)
I guess im an old tart that pays $325 A year I love it.

perks of old age ;)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxKwakrider 10-17-2014 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klotzo (Post 10937)
perks of old age ;)

Lol, there MUST be some kind of perks to being the age I am!! ;)

ZX-14R_stealthrider 10-17-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCarthy (Post 9625)
You can pretty much double it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan (Post 9529)

Come to Canada in the Toronto area.

Doubled to $1200 for a whole year would still be a freaking gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: