Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum (https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/)
-   Exhaust (https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/exhaust/)
-   -   What exhaust for the H2? (https://www.ninjah2.org/forum/exhaust/3641-what-exhaust-h2.html)

OKH2 12-22-2014 09:35 AM

What exhaust for the H2?

I'm fortunate enough to know a fabricator in my area that can fab up a pipe to pretty much fit any exhaust to the H2. I don't like the looks and even more the price of the Akro so I started looking at existing slip-ons for other bikes to see what might look good on the H2. My primary reason for replacing the stock exhaust is looks, sound and weight is just a byproduct of replacing the exhaust. I don't want it loud, but I do want to hear that beautiful exhaust.

Looking around and remembering the V&H CS One that I had on my 2010 C14 I decided the CS One will work and look great on the H2. It will definitely weigh less and not be too loud either.

I might even go as far as to remove the Catalyst too and add the optional silencer to the CS One which would really clean up the looks of he bike and should still offer about the same back pressure with a great sound.

I'll be able to do this for less than $1K and I think I'll be very happy with the results.

Cliff Secord 12-22-2014 07:22 PM

I got a fab shop here that's going to tig me up a near as possible replica of the H2R pipe eliminating the cat and can completely. I do like your idea of sourcing a can elsewhere though. Might do that as well so I have a choice. Best sounding pipe I ever had on a Kwak was Area P. That thing was epic. It was like a plain carbon can with a reverse cone in it. Sweet googly moogly.

Good idea for the aftermarket to just make the mid pipe that allows anybody to stick any can they want on the end of it. Solve that problem.

Cliff Secord 12-22-2014 07:23 PM

I figured out what's wrong with that Akro; it's a bend on a bike full of hard straight angles. If it were straight, I'd probably love it. As it stands it just looks wrong and reminds me of Monica's description of Bill's member.

ZX-14R_stealthrider 12-22-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2R (Post 32265)
I figured out what's wrong with that Akro; it's a bend on a bike full of hard straight angles. If it were straight, I'd probably love it. As it stands it just looks wrong and reminds me of Monica's description of Bill's member.

Once you've had (Mirror Coated) Black, you don't go back! ;)

GoFaster 12-22-2014 10:12 PM

Methinks I'll wait to see where the ton of weight is on the stock exhaust ... I'm thinking it's in the muffler itself. For a street bike, the front part of the exhaust can stay, the catalyst can stay as far as I'm concerned, just a slip-on adapter to an off-the-shelf aftermarket muffler will work fine for me.

OKH2 12-23-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFaster (Post 32329)
Methinks I'll wait to see where the ton of weight is on the stock exhaust ... I'm thinking it's in the muffler itself. For a street bike, the front part of the exhaust can stay, the catalyst can stay as far as I'm concerned, just a slip-on adapter to an off-the-shelf aftermarket muffler will work fine for me.

Look at the pic with the Akro on it and the cat sticks out big time. Cats do have some weight to them as well, so it's gotta go!

Bazza 12-23-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2R (Post 32257)
I got a fab shop here that's going to tig me up a near as possible replica of the H2R pipe eliminating the cat and can completely. I do like your idea of sourcing a can elsewhere though. Might do that as well so I have a choice. Best sounding pipe I ever had on a Kwak was Area P. That thing was epic. It was like a plain carbon can with a reverse cone in it. Sweet googly moogly.

Good idea for the aftermarket to just make the mid pipe that allows anybody to stick any can they want on the end of it. Solve that problem.

Not huge on those big carbon cans but I do like their slash cut megablaster

http://areapnolimits.com/images/product/zx10r_04_2.jpg

Cliff Secord 12-23-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazza (Post 32513)
Not huge on those big carbon cans but I do like their slash cut megablaster

http://areapnolimits.com/images/product/zx10r_04_2.jpg

You win. That's the one. Looks like they make one with a bit of a baffle in it.

SilverbirdH2 12-23-2014 11:28 AM

You guys SURE you want this firebreather of a pipe?LOL..I'd have the Subdivision manager knocking on my door sayin.."Okay...the bike WAS fine...but dude...your neighbors TOTALLY aint diggin this...walk it to the street...and get outta dodge quietly if possible when ya fire it up,okay?"She'd be able to hear it at her house 4 blocks over!Nope...that wouldn't even work for me.I think Stealthrider here would have to change his name;)

GoFaster 12-23-2014 11:34 AM

No kidding, I need a quiet exhaust, too. On that model of ZX10R, there is a pre-muffler underneath which is still there with that tailpipe on it, so it won't be completely terrible ...