8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 06-19-2019, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Vandemon questions.

I have a new H2 and am thinking about buying a Vandemon exhaust, the Akrapovic that came free with the bike is very quiet even with the baffle removed and i'm disappointed with the noise, my previous bike was a Tuono Factory and although that was a different configeration engine wise the H2 sounds very muted, any thoughts on wether its worth spending the best part of £1800 which is a lot of money on a Vandemon? also will it throw up an engine check light and what about passing a UK `MOT test with the cat removed etc etc, rgds Stuart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-19-2019, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Just about anything after market will not pass. There is a label on the LH frame giving it the factory certified db's. Do what most guys do, go back to original for your MOT.

With the heat from an H2 most after market mufflers have a shorter life if you ride the bike like you stole it. I have a muffler that cost NZ$1800 and have had to repair the primary baffle and replace the burnt out packing. So that's what the H2 can do to Titanium.

The only good thing I can say about a loud exhausts on an H2 is the quick shifter sounds impressive up or down, apart from that it's a pain in the butt for longish rides.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AR_muffler.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	25387  
stuart likes this.
post #3 of 15 Old 06-19-2019, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Ive seen slightly used brocks full exhausts with slashcut muffler, carbon black muffler, and alien heads for 800$ area "usa dollar". Or new for a little more and they are extremely loud and snappy in shift. Also the packing and metal honeycomb part is extremely thick and robust. Ive never heard of a brocks melting down or spitting honeycomb ever unlike a few other top brands. But the vandemon mimicks the h2r so everyone seems to go for it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190127_173417_1560999958046.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	25389  
stuart likes this.

post #4 of 15 Old 06-20-2019, 05:03 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
You won't be disappointed with a lack of noise from the vandemon, guaranteed. At any revs/load it sounds great,a constant reminder your on a high performance and special machine. No outwardly visible signs of degradation though it has blued up markedly but nicely to my eye, in a thousand miles.
stuart likes this.
post #5 of 15 Old 06-20-2019, 05:49 AM

Heres richarddps brand new Vandemon crumbling and melting down 1st run at 3:00. Has pics on his post of the melted honeycomb holes 👍

https://youtu.be/FNhcvWIWbEE

Last edited by Ryan Hilfiker; 06-20-2019 at 05:52 AM.
post #6 of 15 Old 06-20-2019, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Garage
I bought the Akrapovic race system from Kawasaki for my H2. It's titanium rather than steel, a larger diameter right through from the headers to the muffler (you will need a bigger diameter muffler too) and it has no catalyst. It does have the threaded boss for the lambda sensor and fits straight on with a rather nice carbon fibre hanger. You save at least 10kg in weight.

I run at Straightliners meetings doing standing miles and there's a noise limit. Mine measures between 95 and 98dB from meeting to meeting with the baffle out. The bike has done many full throttle runs over the last few seasons with no problems like on the Vandemon. The sound is quite sporty without being annoying, obviously this depends on how you ride.
stuart likes this.

Go Fast Or Go Home
post #7 of 15 Old 06-20-2019, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Vandemon questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I bought the Akrapovic race system from Kawasaki for my H2. It's titanium rather than steel, a larger diameter right through from the headers to the muffler (you will need a bigger diameter muffler too) and it has no catalyst. It does have the threaded boss for the lambda sensor and fits straight on with a rather nice carbon fibre hanger. You save at least 10kg in weight.

I run at Straightliners meetings doing standing miles and there's a noise limit. Mine measures between 95 and 98dB from meeting to meeting with the baffle out. The bike has done many full throttle runs over the last few seasons with no problems like on the Vandemon. The sound is quite sporty without being annoying, obviously this depends on how you ride.

Actually you donít need the bigger muffler, I bought the same system as you Bob complete with the wider diameter headers but made to fit the road legal Akra supplied with the UK H2.
As you can see from the image the pipe exit is crimped to fit but you need to order the correct part, Calsport can help with this, theyíre good guys.
Agree that itís has fantastic build quality, perfect fit with lambda & it has plenty of character but doesnít make your ears bleed.
Also if you insert the baffle it will go straight through a UK MOT.
The Vandemon obviously looks better but the sheer noise and grief with MOT (and talk of failures) would put me off.
TBF there is plenty of choice with Austin, Akra, Vandemon, Brockís & Yoshi to name a few
The 2019 standard system (complete with cat) is louder than the standard system on my 2016 but I believe the silencer is different and the system is visibly different from the headers down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #8 of 15 Old 06-20-2019, 10:55 PM

This is the sickest exhaust and the loudest in my opinion. Get what you pay for. His new black cerakote slash is ruthless. I dont have 2200$ to spend on the same exhaust but black or itd be ordered already.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20190620-225643_Google_1561085817307.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	934.1 KB
ID:	25395  

Last edited by Ryan Hilfiker; 06-20-2019 at 10:58 PM.
post #9 of 15 Old 06-20-2019, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
I’ve had/have Brock’s on Busa, ZX14R, the Vandemon that’s on my H2 is amazing, quality welds with good penetration, fit finish is awesome, the sound without the baffle is so deep, and throaty.
stuart likes this.
post #10 of 15 Old 08-23-2019, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I'm have decided to go for the Vandemon for my new 19 model H2 and went to the see the mechanic today to book it in and I suggested to him that it would need a power commander which he agreed, he rang me later and apparently they haven't produced one yet for the 19 model, my question is, is it ok to fit one without a power commander? btw he is going to fit a servo eliminator.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page