10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 Old 01-31-2017, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRADALE View Post
I've never been too concerned with exact decibels so don't have an any idea of what the difference would be by looking at dB values/#.... I like a really loud exhaust. Brocks full system w/ the Alien Head 2 is Nirvana to me w/ it's sound level/ loudness & in it's tone.

So how noticeable would the difference be in the 2 exhausts below on the H2, in terms of how loud they would be in comparison? Thanks in advance for any help.

Exhaust 1 : Idle 106 dB / 115dB @ 5000 rpm
Vs.
Exhaust 2: 93 dB @ 4000 rpm
Its actually quite easy, every +/- 3.0 db is 2X or 1/2 as loud. So compared to ear splitting 115db, 112db is HALF as loud. And 109db is again half as loud as 112db and so on... 93db is considerably quieter. I have been wearing good 29db ear plugs for many years and just now having some hearing loss. At those sound levels I suggest everyone wear good earplugs.
STRADALE likes this.

Hond Trail 70 - Hond 125xl
2 x Yama RD350's
Yama IT465 - Yam Raptor 700
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2

Last edited by Kawiguy454; 01-31-2017 at 11:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 02-01-2017, 03:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Garage
A graph is always good to see how DB increased with increase

STRADALE and Jeffro like this.

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2
post #23 of 25 Old 02-01-2017, 05:34 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Garage
I had a Brock's CT on my 14R and it always passed the scrutineering noise test at LSR meetings. I agree, it's a shame there's no H2 equivalent.

As far as I know the only system for the H2 so far which has an effective noise reduction baffle is the Vandemon. The owner of the company was asking about our permitted noise levels and claimed to have a solution.

Akrapovic also claim their full system is quiet but I've not seen any dB figures.

Comment on Remal's diagram above: You need to remember that a 10dB increase is perceived as twice as loud. Decibels are not linear. The Loudness scale is missing from that diagram for some reason but for example: the motorcycle is 98dB and you might think that one measuring only 108dB isn't too bad but it's heard as being twice as loud.
STRADALE likes this.

Last edited by BobC; 02-01-2017 at 05:45 AM.

post #24 of 25 Old 02-01-2017, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
As far as I know the only system for the H2 so far which has an effective noise reduction baffle is the Vandemon. The owner of the company was asking about our permitted noise levels and claimed to have a solution.
It's amazing what they've done. 119db all the way down to 93db with their insert. I have a batch of Gen 2 Vandemons on their way to me now. I gotta get one on the dyno to see how much hp is sacrificed if any.
STRADALE and racer172 like this.
post #25 of 25 Old 02-01-2017, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
As far as I know the only system for the H2 so far which has an effective noise reduction baffle is the Vandemon. The owner of the company was asking about our permitted noise levels and claimed to have a solution. Akrapovic also claim their full system is quiet but I've not seen any dB figures.
Yeah Bob I don’t have db #s either but I can tell you my Akrapovic system is REALY quiet. The guys I ride/race with on Sunday in the canyons tell me that they don’t hear me behind them or even going by, just see me shooting by. Also my pipe came with a db cutting baffle insert (pic below). The only time I can see needing to put this in is when I go ride Laguna Seca (which I am going to do this year!) because as most of you know they have db restrictions on that track to accommodate the local residents, but as quiet as my pipe is already I seriously doubt I'll need to put it in, but it's nice to have it in my tool box @Turbo329 good idea you have... my next dyno run I'll take the baffle insert and see how much hp it robs, probably not much I'm guessing.

STRADALE likes this.

2016 Ninja H2 –Akropovic Exhaust .. Stage III gears .. Extreme Creations intercooler .. H2R Fuel Pump .. DynoJet PCV .. DNA race filter .. FlashTune .. DynoTuned .. BST wheels .. Yosh fender eliminator.. Brembo full-floating disc rotors .. Brembo RC19 master cylinder .. SBS Racing brake pads .. Lightech gas cap ... ABS delete + custom brake lines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page