LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 Old 04-22-2019, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxrob View Post
Firstly you are agreeing that KEBC "light" is smallest or less intrusive engine breaking as per most agree

Secondly, to say folk who ride with more engine breaking should not own one is bit of a silly statement. Most world class riders use engine breaking as a tool to go faster combined with precise throttle control

Rob
For sure having the engine braking the way one wants is a big plus. For me I like it a bit heavier. I grew up on 2 stroke flat trackers with a compression release. Probably no one here even knows what that is. But it makes engine braking very pronounced, and when you wanted to "back into a corner" there was a little lever and you could make the back end come around hard. A lot like using the rear brake but more controllable, and on many flat trackers we moved the shifter to the right and the brake to the left, so mostly our rear brake was unusable and there were no fronts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 04-23-2019, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Just to add my opinion/findings to this. When I first rode the bike, I turned engine braking on(light), I found the bike very twitchy on and off the throttle, even whilst breaking in at low revs. After turning the KEBC off,things changed very much for the better. Will be staying off!!
On my previous 2017 H2 it didn’t seem to be such a massive difference,but it does seem the 2019 is more highly strung.
post #33 of 34 Old 04-23-2019, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
rob just my opinion and you yours. ill keep mine off as its piss and yes engine braking is not totally removed when on light its just reduced or 'lighter' on track it would need to be off.....dont want arguments as i dont actually care that much or getting into the tech of it all and who knows more

post #34 of 34 Old 04-23-2019, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianmurphy84 View Post
rob just my opinion and you yours. ill keep mine off as its piss and yes engine braking is not totally removed when on light its just reduced or 'lighter' on track it would need to be off.....dont want arguments as i dont actually care that much or getting into the tech of it all and who knows more
No arguments from me young man, its all about riding experience, we are all different and want/expect different things, I was trying to point out that engine braking can be used as a tool to go faster

In fact, breaking is a term that you dont here to much in racing, deceleration is what its about, controlling corner entry speed is the key and engine breaking has always been part of the "jigsaw"

Rob

Adventure before Dementia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page