12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 10-21-2018, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Want TFT display for 2019 for my 2018

So I have a 2018 H2. Want the 2019 color tft display. Having a hard time reading the display that comes with the bike. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the new display and get it on my 2018?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 10-21-2018, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12cramster View Post
So I have a 2018 H2. Want the 2019 color tft display. Having a hard time reading the display that comes with the bike. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the new display and get it on my 2018?
I am in the EXACT same boat.

First the 2019 parts are not available yet.

Second I may very well be possible it is a plug and play, our 2018 bikes have pretty much the same info, and hopefully they just changed the display.
We won't know till someone is brave enough to try it. I have a feeling the parts are going to be pricy. Also it looks like they may have changed some of the plastic surrounds.

If it end up being possible, I will do it. But at the moment we have to wait till next April to get any parts.
post #3 of 34 Old 10-21-2018, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post

Second I may very well be possible it is a plug and play, our 2018 bikes have pretty much the same info, and hopefully they just changed the display.
We won't know till someone is brave enough to try it. I have a feeling the parts are going to be pricy. Also it looks like they may have changed some of the plastic surrounds.

If it end up being possible, I will do it. But at the moment we have to wait till next April to get any parts.

I think it will be unlikely to be plug and play Ted, especially given the functionality of the new display with Bluetooth connectivity etc. You can change the settings of the bike all from a phone app so I suspect itís a different ECU, wiring loom etc. Plastic surrounds are also different too as per pic.
Iíll find out next March when mine arrives

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #4 of 34 Old 10-21-2018, 12:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamf1969 View Post
I think it will be unlikely to be plug and play Ted, especially given the functionality of the new display with Bluetooth connectivity etc. You can change the settings of the bike all from a phone app so I suspect it’s a different ECU, wiring loom etc. Plastic surrounds are also different too as per pic.
I’ll find out next March when mine arrives

I don't disagree, but the display may be separate from the Bluetooth stuff and have a different module, usually stuff like that is seprate. I did mention the surrounds.
And rub it in, that you are getting the new bike.
post #5 of 34 Old 10-21-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I don't disagree, but the display may be separate from the Bluetooth stuff and have a different module, usually stuff like that is seprate. I did mention the surrounds.
And rub it in, that you are getting the new bike.

You should trade yours too now itís high mileage! Got to be a easier than trying to retrofit a display

post #6 of 34 Old 10-21-2018, 12:41 PM

Garage
This is Ted... Ted sustained these injuries through a motorcycle accident... Although Ted didn't actually bail off his bike.. his wife however found out that he traded up his expensive new H2 for another newer more expensive H2 because Ted didn't like the display. Don't be Ted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MotorcycleAccident.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	24059  
post #7 of 34 Old 10-21-2018, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hey Ted, thanks for responding. No doubt it will be expensive. I wanted to buy another fancy washer like the one that holds our muffler to the frame. It was $70.00 plus dollars for a washer!! I can only imagine what a TFT display would cost! Let's work on it together and share info as it becomes available.

Quote:

post #8 of 34 Old 10-22-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Hey Ted, thanks for responding. No doubt it will be expensive. I wanted to buy another fancy washer like the one that holds our muffler to the frame. It was $70.00 plus dollars for a washer!! I can only imagine what a TFT display would cost! Let's work on it together and share info as it becomes available.
The TFT price is gonna be approx 1700€ without VAT (+ -) 🙂
post #9 of 34 Old 10-22-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:

UK price for the H2 SX TFT display is £1636.54 (around $2122) so assuming itís doable it wont be a cheap fix..

post #10 of 34 Old 10-22-2018, 05:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamf1969 View Post
UK price for the H2 SX TFT display is £1636.54 (around $2122) so assuming itís doable it wont be a cheap fix..

That is just depressing.
h2madness! likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page