Ninja H2 banner

Front Lamps

14K views 52 replies 7 participants last post by  TedG 
#1 · (Edited)
Nevermind...

#3 · (Edited)
I just wondered if the front running lamps could be used as turn signals.I have the wings up top.

I decided to go with two amber led strips approx 6-8" long each.Mount em up under the ram ducts at the interface of the bottom of the duct edge and the top of the airfoil intersection.There's a nice narrow v shape that they should fit in really nicely and concealed a bit.The foil(s) should reflect some of the light outward,while the rest shines out ahead.Run the wiring back behind the outermost point where that foil meets the side fairing(inside edge).Then on up to the plug.We;ll see.I assume the 'programming' is already in the strip.Just needing juice.

#17 ·
I love it, nice work!

Can't use it here in Vic, Australia as they have a minimum distance between lamps of 300mm (1 foot)
VicRoads Registration Requirements
(I got booked for brake light integrated turn signals on a 2005 Z1000 years ago, it looked great but the officer didn't agree)

I did just find out from the above that front signals can be white or amber light and the rear amber only (I would have thought here that they all had to be amber).
...and any bike after June 1975 needs two flat or convex mirrors (but not a mixture)

#18 ·
Thanks Ay.I THINK they'll be legal.I can always add an amber light strip like I originally planned if these aren't okay.But I think they will be.Kinda wanted to do this from the beginning,but couldn't get any wings for the H2.It was really very simple to hook up.(thank God!lol)

#21 ·
Just measured the 14's...12".Almost 12 anyway.Close enough.

"led light strip sitting about where the air inlet and dummy inlet are"...yep,that's where I was gonna put em...right under the lip of the ram duct in that small narrow space between the foil and the lip.Same on the other side of course.Nice little V shaped pocket running under there.Run the wiring INSIDE the outer midfairing up to the switch.Very doable.

#26 · (Edited)
You can't see em...only the very top edge,it's really well hidden...plus it looks(the strips)like it's a factory strip.I'm really happy with em.Thanks NOLA...my wife,Wherever she is,ALWAYS wanted her blankee back....she was selfish like that;)Whatever ya do,now you have her number...DON'T call her back.Burn that number.Trust me...you don't want to know her.;)

Got the effect I was hoping for...the reflection to make em even MORE visible.Now have the running lamps on with key on.Didn't want to lose those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.