LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 53 Old 02-08-2018, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2015 View Post
This is all getting pretty interesting, only point with me is whatever system I went for would have to replace the existing indicators on the mirror mounts - and to be able to get some decent mirror alternatives that look good. I personally just want simple on/off indicator strips like H2madness! or Knolly have.

Does anyone have, or have seen, some decent mirror alternatives?

Don.
I was thinking about this same thing last week. I would like to maybe hang a good mirror from a H2R wing and have a turnsignal strip on the leading edge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 53 Old 02-08-2018, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I think you'd be defeating the purpose of the wing by doing that.I do think adding a strip to the leading edge however IS possible...if you have the right abilities and tools.The strips are virtually the same width as the leading edge.And they're 'covered' with a radial shape plastic covering molded in.You would however need to be able to cut a hole in the wing to run the wiring down into the inner cowl plug.THIS would be VERY hard to do.Unless of course you just ran the wiring under the wing concealed.Don't think that would look very appealing.

If the wing was full carbon fiber,it would be dicey to start cutting that leading edge to fit a strip on there.A pro could probably do it though.There are some strips that have the exiting wiring at a 90 degree angle,so they can be mounted on something flat,and the wiring is not 'protruding' out the end.
Now,if the wing was actual CF,it would probably be hollow inside,so the wiring(using that 90 degree wiring configuration)would work very well to run the wiring down through the attachment point and to the plug.As expensive as full CF wings are...you'd need to get it right basically the first shot.This considering you're doing it yourself that is.It is totally doable.
I thought about doing this also,my wings are nylon(solid),so I couldn't open a hole to run the wing into.

Last edited by h2madness!; 02-08-2018 at 03:52 PM.
post #53 of 53 Old 02-08-2018, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
@h2madness! ,
Actually I wasn't thinking of an actual H2R wing. Something shaped the same. This would all be about aesthetics. The strips I would use are the programmable ones.
h2madness! likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page