LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 140 Old 11-09-2016, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer172 View Post
I’m getting ready to install 19/41 sprockets.
Can anyone give me advice/instruction on rear sprocket removal?
Couldn’t find it in the user’s manual.. thnx.

Rear sprocket is really easy. Have the bike on a paddock stand to begin and do not remove the rear wheel. First slacken off the chain adjustment and remove the small plastic lower chain guard which partially obscures the sprocket. Then slacken the sprocket bolts by using an extension through the rear wheel. When the sprocket bolts are finger tight take the bike off the paddock stand and remove the sprocket bolts. The sprocket will come away and fitting the new one is simply the reverse procedure.

Took me about 15 minutes to do this wearing my race leathers on my hands and knees in the paddock at Elvington.
racer172 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 140 Old 11-09-2016, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Took me about 15 minutes to do this wearing my race leathers on my hands and knees in the paddock at Elvington.
brilliant, thanks so much!

2016 Ninja H2 –Akropovic Exhaust .. Stage III gears .. Extreme Creations intercooler .. H2R Fuel Pump .. DynoJet PCV .. DNA race filter .. FlashTune .. DynoTuned .. BST wheels .. Yosh fender eliminator.. Brembo full-floating disc rotors .. Brembo RC19 master cylinder .. SBS Racing brake pads .. Lightech gas cap ... ABS delete + custom brake lines
post #93 of 140 Old 11-11-2016, 07:07 PM

Help please

Just trying to replace my stock 18 sprocket with a 19 tooth that I got from Brocks.
Problem is that there doesn’t seem to be enough clearance for the chain on this larger sprocket. If you look at my photo you can see what appears to be chain guide that I’ve traced in red. The teeth of the sprocket almost touch this guide, leaving no room to put the chain on.
How do I get this 19 tooth on?

2016 Ninja H2 –Akropovic Exhaust .. Stage III gears .. Extreme Creations intercooler .. H2R Fuel Pump .. DynoJet PCV .. DNA race filter .. FlashTune .. DynoTuned .. BST wheels .. Yosh fender eliminator.. Brembo full-floating disc rotors .. Brembo RC19 master cylinder .. SBS Racing brake pads .. Lightech gas cap ... ABS delete + custom brake lines

post #94 of 140 Old 11-11-2016, 08:14 PM

Update..

I was able to get the chain on by braking it, feeding it through, and then adding a new master link.
I would still like to know how you guys add a larger sprocket..
thanks

post #95 of 140 Old 11-12-2016, 05:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
I was able to get the chain on by braking it, feeding it through, and then adding a new master link.
I would still like to know how you guys add a larger sprocket..
thanks
You should put the chain over the sprocket before you fit the sprocket to the countershaft. No need to split it.
post #96 of 140 Old 11-12-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
You should put the chain over the sprocket before you fit the sprocket to the countershaft. No need to split it.
Bob there's no room, the Brembo hydraulic clutch reservoir (or whatever it's called) is in the way.
Have you installed a 19 front sprocket or just the rear sprocket you spoke of before? (and I mean that sincerely with no sarcastic tone, just curious)

post #97 of 140 Old 11-12-2016, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I put my 19T sprocket on the way you did. VERY tight fit. Book calls to drain coolant, remove part of the pump, and other nonsense. I've heard of people somehow squeezing that 19T in there, but I couldn't get it. Easiest way for me was to break chain and feed it through.
racer172 likes this.
post #98 of 140 Old 11-12-2016, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
I was able to put mine on without breaking the chain also. Its been awhile but i think I loosened the guide bolts and as Bob said put the chain over the sprocket before sliding it on.

Hond Trail 70 - Hond 125xl
2 x Yama RD350's
Yama IT465 - Yam Raptor 700
Kawi Z550
Suz Bandit 1200
Yama FZ1
Kawi ZX14
Kawi Concours 14
Kawi H2
post #99 of 140 Old 11-13-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92fizzer View Post
I put my 19T sprocket on the way you did. VERY tight fit. Book calls to drain coolant, remove part of the pump, and other nonsense. I've heard of people somehow squeezing that 19T in there, but I couldn't get it. Easiest way for me was to break chain and feed it through.
that's what I thought! Thanks for the confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawiguy454 View Post
I was able to put mine on without breaking the chain also. Its been awhile but i think I loosened the guide bolts and as Bob said put the chain over the sprocket before sliding it on.
I would be interested in learning more about what exactly was loosened. From what I could see I'd be draining coolant or clutch fluid. Any helpful instruction here would be appreciated because I'll be swapping front sprockets between track & street use a lot for now on. thnx

post #100 of 140 Old 11-13-2016, 11:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Bob there's no room, the Brembo hydraulic clutch reservoir (or whatever it's called) is in the way.
Have you installed a 19 front sprocket or just the rear sprocket you spoke of before? (and I mean that sincerely with no sarcastic tone, just curious)
Yes, my bike has a 19t sprocket. I'm running it 19/42 in LSR.

As mentioned already you will have to remove that bracket which holds the clutch slave cylinder. Sorry but it's another bitch of a job, just as removing the ECU is. You can remove two of the bolts easily enough but the third is obscured by a coolant pipe. If you use a suitable tool the pipe can be carefully flattened just enough to undo the third bolt a little, but not all the way out and this will allow you to move the bracket and get the sprocket mounted. I didn't need to drain it down etc as Brock said. He was explaining the safe way to do it, my way is a fiddle.

I'm sure a lot of the H2 owners on here have fitted a 19t.
racer172 likes this.

Last edited by BobC; 11-13-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page