post #7 of Old 04-25-2019, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Ksix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2madness! View Post
"The new pin they sent just doesn't seem right"...maybe.I think for bike security it needs probably to be longer.Mine is anyway.I remember them saying something about fabbing the 'new' pins.I don't remember if I got one or not.I think this one I have came with it at the time.Pretty sure.They may have gotten the pins mixed up with yours,IDK.Course,the shorter one should actually work fine as long as the bike isn't leaning at all on the stand.My first stand(moto something)had a slight angle to it downward.Not a lot,but enough to cause the bike to start sliding off when I oiled my chain and such.No way was I gonna use that.My pitbull is most excellent!
I was able to contact pitbull today. The brief answer that I received (and understood) by Michelle was that the older pin was longer because the diameter of the axel on the older models was not the same all the way through. It had to be longer to give it more support. But this is not the case with the newer model because the axle diameter is uniform all the way through. I took a photo and marked it to apx where the 3" stops. It hasn't even entered the wheel yet. It does not feel sturdy at all. I hope that I am wrong and just over worrying about this. Someone else is supposed to be contacting me to either give me a better explanation or maybe take some suggestions... I dunno. I am happy that they are willing to follow-up and not giving customers the cold shoulder. Excellent service.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190425_125936.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	25155  

Search Tags for this Page

ninja h2 forum

kawasaki ninja h2 forum
kawasaki ninja h2
ninja h2 specs
ninja h2 pics