Ninja H2 banner

Tank protector

26K views 70 replies 13 participants last post by  h2madness! 
#1 ·
Hi all , I know this is trivial but I need a tank protector . Anyone got any pics of any good ones ... I know it's all on taste but I ain't got a clue what I'm looking for ....

#2 ·
Pro Grip in clear. The first thing I did after uncrating was very carefully clean and then polish all bodywork with the Dr.Beasleys, twice. Then I used a couple small pieces of masking tape to ensure my alignment was straight on the tank pad and stuck it in place. I like the clear because the paint shows through nicely. I saw it first on Turbo329's machine and followed suit, imitation being the sincerest form of flattery and all.
:)

Attachments

#3 ·
Nice one will buy myself a set . Prefer clear ..

Cheers mate

Pro Grip in clear. The first thing I did after uncrating was very carefully clean and then polish all bodywork with the Dr.Beasleys, twice. Then I used a couple small pieces of masking tape to ensure my alignment was straight on the tank pad and stuck it in place. I like the clear because the paint shows through nicely. I saw it first on Turbo329's machine and followed suit, imitation being the sincerest form of flattery and all.

#7 ·
Man ... you got issues .. it's obvious your sad and lonely and have got nothing better to do than pick on people . Someone has given me a response and I have listened and purchased the product . You come in last post and say SEARCH on both posts .

When I look at your posts .. it's an argument all the time . Get a life

#16 ·
No Don it doesn't go right to the bottom. The limit on how low I could fit it was governed by the width of the top section of the pad and the shape of the tank which tapers downward.

Having said that, it's been on for over two years now and there are no marks on the tank.

#26 ·
Wow, he is a great looking dog! I have two, a female American Bulldog named 'Desmo', and a boy named 'Remington'. Remmy is an all brindle Bullador. Half english bullog, half lab. He has become my constant companion and wants to ride so bad that I am thinkin of a sidecar rig for my 14R for him.
:)

Attachments

#27 ·
Sorry folks for going a little off topic .

Very nice , and both have the look of a "thief deterrent " about them , dogs are win win as far as I'm concerned and judging by how yours have commandeered the sofa I think you see it the same way .

I liked the idea of taking my first Deerhound out in a sidecar so much so that I brought a BMW R65 with a sort of tradesmen box attached especially for that reason . He was a very big boy and the moment I pressed the starter button he freaked out , my girlfriend also sitting in the box was unable to hold him back , from that moment he would not even entertain the idea if getting in even without the engine running .
I sold it a year later ( bike not the dog ) but only after a few pub trips with three passengers in the box !

#32 · (Edited)
Man Ted, sorry to hear that. And I totally agree Nola, my dogs are my best buds! I am working on a basic frame for a sidecar rig. Gonna use chromoly tubing with strategic gussets. I want to be able to bolt it to the 14R frame for rides with the dog, and remove it again to ride two up or whatever. I swear, when I am puttering on this in the garage, Remmy understands what I'm working on. He knows it's a set up for him. He comes over and gets excited and tries to get involved. Lol. Basically gets milk bone crumbs over everything. I sure do want to ride with this guy!

Attachments

#33 · (Edited)
Man Ted, sorry to hear that. And I totally agree Nola, my dogs are best buds! I am working on a basic frame for a sidecar rig. Gonna use chromoly tubing with strategic gussets. I want to be able to bolt it to the 14R frame for rides with the dog, and remove it again to ride two up or whatever. I swear, when I am puttering on this in the garage, Remmy understands what I'm working on. He knows it's a set up for him. He comes over and gets excited and tries to get involved. Lol. Basically gets milk bone crumbs over everything. I sure do want to ride with this guy!
Yeah, the absolute hardest thing to bear is losing your dog, at least for me.
I had another dog that just loved to go for a ride. I would stuff her in may jacket and that was a happy dog. And she loved nothing more than to just hang out in the garage with me. She had her own drawer. I miss that dog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.