Ninja H2 banner

Bridgestone Battlax RS10's on the H2?

25K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  ben1000z 
#1 ·
#3 ·
All i can say the R10 190/55/17 tire i hade back in 2011 on my S1000RR that tire it is super soft as **** and grips like a biatch but make sure you have a big change of $$$$$ to change that tire every 900 miles Run. Now i see that they change the compound with new R10 200/55/17 sweet.:D

#8 ·
that could be a "hard" R10. The fronts will be a medium compound as that is all Bridgestone had available for track DOT's as of the end of October. Also the rear will be a new tire as well, since as of the end of Oct. they didn't list a 200 series tire in the R10 line up. Another thing I find interesting is that Kawi recommends that you only run the VO-1's and not the newer VO-2's for the H2R's.... In the VO-2 tires, Bridgestone is only bringing out a 195 and a 200 series rear tires and recommending that a 600cc bike run a 195 tire on the rear and that all liter bikes bump up to a 200 series rear tire.....

#12 ·
Bridgestone isn't the only company making a 200 series.ANY good tire mfg with a 58W type 200 tire will work.I think this 'stock' Bridgestone is gonna be like the rest of the Stock tires...lousy mileage....

You could most likely throw a 190 on there and it'd be fine?

#20 · (Edited)
Tire mileage?Well...I am.Want the most out of what I'm paying for.

Ended up buying the OEM tires again for mine.We'll see about any mileage gains with these 'new' factory(bridgestone)buns.See how these do.Rear's already shot at 1k...well...it has maybe a couple hundred miles still left.Front's still okay...kinda...enough anyway.Do no chicken strips on the front mean she's worn too much?

Bazzaman says.."Your tire budget is called KRTC..."...what,and take all the fun outta our bikes?No WAY!!!Besides...it aint so much my takeoffs...it's the roll-ons at 90 that're gettin meLOL!!!Combined with this killer quickshift.Wide open baby,wide open;)

#21 · (Edited)
I like the wide choices out there in a 190 tire size. I was at dealer yesterday and the "R" was on display the rear tire is 190/50. the size difference must be NP for the bike?

Width Aspect Rim Inches Tall
200 55 17 25.66
190 55 17 25.23
190 50 17 24.48

#25 ·
I bought a new set of the RS10's.But I wonder you guys...what about something like a PR4?190/55?You think something like that would work well on our bikes.I say that for the mileage aspect,and of course...they grip very nicely.But maybe not enough for this bike?Thoughts?

#26 · (Edited)
I think the PR3,4 has a lot of siping for rain weather ...my choice is PR2 for mostly Dry on my C14 now. I used PR2's on my ZX14 and it would spin when I hit the quick shifter but I was commuting 200 miles once a week then so mileage was very good on them. I think the torque of the H2 would be hitting traction control a lot with any of the PR's I was thinking Pilot Powers cause Ive liked Michelin's from first time I tried them. I cooked the numbers one arm provided and interesting result... the 190/65 is 1.1 inches taller than 200/55. The 190/55 is a size I may try.

Width Aspect Rim Inches Tall
190 65 17 26.72
200 55 17 25.66
190 55 17 25.23
190 50 17 24.4

Reactions: SilverbirdH2
#27 ·
Silver I wouldn't put anything less than what's on there or the Perelli Super Corsa SV2.... I was a Michelin pilot TC2 and power three guy for sure but both the tires I just mentioned are way better for the power of this girl IMHO.... Don't sacrifice safety for longer tire life especially if your gonna flash her and put a system on......I might put the SV2's on my H2 but If not I'll buy these again for sure. And I will stay with the same size for sure.....

#29 ·
A few different options out there for tyres - but all the traction control settings were designed around the Bridgestones RS10's so I am interested to see just how well other tyres fit in and work with the bike electronics.

One thing is, however, certain - the tyre manufacturers are going to love us and we are going to get to know our local tyre fitters pretty well :)

#30 ·
After 1300km I got some milimeters to the minimum. :/ 800km was slowly riding under 4000rpm ? this badass get a tirekiller.
Tomorrow I go in to the black forest to give the tire the rest. After that I will instal a new set from the BS and after this set I tried the new Michelin.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.