LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 10-18-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
ben

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Maximizing MPG for long trips

Was wondering if anyone knows if changing your settings matters in regards to mpg efficiency which I'd like to maximize on long trips. For instance, if currently set at maximum power mode (H) and KTRC at (1), my thought we be that it shouldn't matter if I'm on the highway going 65 mph in 6th gear in cruise control, whether power mode is H or L, and the same with KTRC being 1 or 3, as long as one is steady on the throttle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-18-2019, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hahahahaha DONT GET A DYNO TUNE!
Before i was averaging 50-60
After 30-40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 10 Old 10-18-2019, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Is this an H2 or H2se/sx?Your L setting on power should decrease your fuel usage.Even cruising at 65 mph.Try that.I think that will happen.I actually have not done this.BUT...the power setting does decrease engine performance,so it may also manage fuel.Not sure.
@gegham818 ...something isn't right.If anything,with a good tune it should go up.'Tuned' on a dynojet module?Powercommander?Or ecu tune?Or both.You might want to take it back and tell em you want it tuned for fuel consumption at cruise.They probably richened it up.It already IS rich from the factory.Is it Backfiring?Also,is it all stock?

h2madness!

Last edited by SilverbirdH2; 10-18-2019 at 07:02 PM.

post #4 of 10 Old 10-18-2019, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
ben

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
It's a 2018 H2 SE/SX. Will try setting it back to L and putting the KTRC back to 3 on my next 200 mile trip one way. Then will reverse it on the way back and add a comment on this thread. I hate doing that as I love the instant acceleration from changing the KTRC from 3 to 1... the difference is huge.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-19-2019, 02:02 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
I don't think KTRC will have any effect.Just the power mode.That might.

h2madness!
post #6 of 10 Old 10-19-2019, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Traction Control is about the relationship between front and rear wheels as well as the orientation of the bike from the axis sensor. Only tries to stop you being an idiot, not much else.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-19-2019, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick150 View Post
Traction Control .............Only tries to stop you being an idiot, not much else.
Puts up a warning on the dash - "ffs don't buy a Honda".
SilverbirdH2 and zxrob like this.

Go Fast Or Go Home
post #8 of 10 Old 10-19-2019, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Closed loop fuel control at cruise will give you best economy, if it has been disabled with a flash its up to the tuner how your mapping works at cruise
post #9 of 10 Old 10-20-2019, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Assuming stock programming ... If you are rolling down the road at a steady moderate speed then it shouldn't matter what settings you use. It's going to be in closed-loop in that situation with the ignition timing at MBT (or at least, at some setting not far from that, which allows compliance with NOx emission limits). There is literally nothing the ECU can do to make it any better than this, and the emission certification rules (that the vehicle manufacturer has to comply with) require the engine to be operating in a compliant (low-emissions) mode. (Ask Volkswagen what happens if you do otherwise.). Traction control has no effect, and the power mode setting has no effect on part-throttle cruise because it only affects the relationship between how much you twist your wrist versus what it actually asks the engine to do.

Something drastically changed between the H2 and the H2SX, because my H2 can pass anything except a petrol station, and the SX is reportedly pretty good.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-21-2019, 03:12 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
The changed the engine to higher compression which make the engine less aggressive but deliverable power. They are NOT the same engine! Super Charger has different impeller, head is different etc. Don't compare the H2 to the H2SX, they are designed to do different jobs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page